Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bolide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Lovely video. Where/when did you take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Lovely video. Where/when did you take it?

god no didn't take it saw it on another site and thought you guys would be interested I think it is in the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

What software could ya throw at that to tell ya where it is?? I wonder.

it was taken in Ashton-Wildwood County Park in iowa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

sheesh wrote: »
    it was taken in Ashton-Wildwood County Park in iowa
    Yea, but if ya didn't know...must be something.

• Advertisement

would you not need to be able to see a horizon or know what direction the camera was pointing..... or something.

I get what you are saying take all the stars in the image noting their color size and relationship to each other and work out what part of the sky the image is looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

sheesh wrote: »
    would you not need to be able to see a horizon or know what direction the camera was pointing..... or something.

I get what you are saying take all the stars in the image noting their color size and relationship to each other and work out what part of the sky the image is looking at.

Given the distance to the stats they appear the same all over the world so that wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

although there is no technically accepted definition of the word "bolide" it is generally accepted to be a fireball bright enough to be seen in broad daylight so this wouldn't qualify ;-)---nice vapour trail though

Advertisement