Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue and White Flags and Bunting

Options
  • 17-10-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

Just being curious - does anybody know what the blue and white flags/bunting around Newcastle are in aid of?

There's bunting outside Scoil Fhursa (OK, not Newcastle). Then there are flags outside some houses in Lower Newcastle, and bunting outside the Presentation Primary School. There's also flags in Upper Newcastle.

I even saw a car with blue and white car flags this morning too, but that might be coincidence.

So, does anyone have any idea what this is for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

From the GB FM website:

St Michaels will go into their first ever county senior football final next Sunday in Tuam Stadium as 8/1 underdogs to beat a Corofin team that are currently 4/1 second favourites behind Crossmaglen for the All Ireland club title. The city side defeated Barna yesterday in their semi final replay and team Captain Eddie Hoare says it is a great achievement for the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They are also on the QB.
    They need to be removed so they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mad-flag-disease, rampant in places like Kerry, appears to have infected areas of Galway.

Lets hope the public-health folks get on top of it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I saw a sign for the county final on my way home from work alright, had missed it before or else it was new! Thanks though, and sure best of luck to St. Michael's!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Flags didn't help....

"Corofin crushed St Michael’s on a 5-12 to 0-09 scoreline to register a 16th Galway title." - RTE

Well done for getting to the final though!

Advertisement