Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller Management

Options
  • 17-10-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking for any suggestions on how to safely store my controllers in the living room so my kids don't use them as hammers and my better half isn't constantly reminded how much I've spent on them. I've a pretty small living room and with the systems In place I've 9 controllers that are floating around the room and "cluttering up the place" :D

Any tips on clever storage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Looking for any suggestions on how to safely store my controllers in the living room so my kids don't use them as hammers and my better half isn't constantly reminded how much I've spent on them. I've a pretty small living room and with the systems In place I've 9 controllers that are floating around the room and "cluttering up the place" :D

Storage wont remove the problem here my friend, unless you're talking about cold storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

May I suggest a different approach?

play-safe-playpen-offers-a-secure-surrounded-playground-for-your-kids1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Draws sealed with clear tape on the top/bottom.

Kid tries to open draw. Does not open. Doesn't know why, jogs on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sounds like what you actually need is a Man-Cave... :pac:

Failing that, an Ottoman/Pouf with a padlock or a really high shelf the kids can't reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Why do you have 9 controllers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Why do you have 9 controllers?

2 for the PS4
    2 for the 360
    4 for the N64
    1 for the Xbox

Or any other of a billion combinations. The real question is, why don't you have 9 controllers?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If only I had 9 :( It's controller spaghetti junction in my place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Retro you need to get more organised in life and show some controller love....... controllers need loving too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hey guys,

Welcome to parenthood, it gets worse later when they start hogging the consoles. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I evidently need more TVs :(

I already have two dedicated gaming zone, Current and last gen in the sitting room and retro upstairs. If I had them all in the same area, I wouldn't be able to move for consoles!

The house I'm in doesn't allow really for a man cave, But when I win the lotto, I'll rectify that. Until then, a nice inexpensive, and inoffensive container should do the job :)

P.S. 9 controllers are:
    4 PS3
    2 PS4
    1 WiiU
    2 360

The house I'm in doesn't allow really for a man cave, But when I win the lotto, I'll rectify that. Until then, a nice inexpensive, and inoffensive container should do the job :)

Dude, buy a steel shed, lay it out with carpet etc and you have yourself a good ould mancave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Dude, buy a steel shed, lay it out with carpet etc and you have yourself a good ould mancave :D

I'd love that I'd I could figure out electricity and heating issues. That'd be awesome!

I'd love that I'd I could figure out electricity and heating issues. That'd be awesome!

Well an electrician will run the cable out from your house and just put in a small log burner for heat :D

Wouldnt cost all that much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Hah! Indeed. controllers are the bane of my console collecting habit.

I basically have one big transparent container packed with 1-2 of each console controller. Fits about 30 or so nicely. That's what I access most.

I then keep extra controllers in another container in the attic. Extra Gamecube controllers for 4 player, Dreamcast, XBox etc.

Arcade sticks and lightguns are another pain in the arse. I think I've about 10 sticks and 6 or 7 light guns. Not to mention that damn Steel Battalion controller.

Need to start downsizing before the house implodes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Well an electrician will run the cable out from your house and just put in a small log burner for heat :D

Wouldnt cost all that much :D

Alternatively, disable all the fans on your hardware and that'll heat things up real quick :p I used to heat my small bedroom by playing games at max detail for 30 mins and let my old 8800GTX work overtime and pump loads of warmth into the room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

2 360s
    2 wiimote and nunchuk
    Wii classic
    Wii u pro
    2 ps3
    Xbox one
    ps4
    Wii u gamepad

all reside in an IKEA tub that slides in and out from under my couch whenever needed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You need something classy:

wclp-allwall-big.jpg

I'm sure your better half would be in to them. Better than having silly family photos cluttering up your living room walls.

http://www.laboratory424.com/project/wall-clip

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Give the kids their own controllers and tell them the rest are "daddies"

I have 2 controllers Xbox wired and Hori fighting stick both connected to PC. Kids all grown up tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Unplugged controllers mean they can play too...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I give my kid a cheap controller, or old scart leads whenever he's making his way to were cables and controllers are.

All I have to do now is give him a small tv now to stop him from climbing up to the one in the sitting room :pac:

Advertisement