Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bicycle cameras

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It is replaceable, but you have to take it apart to do that, which is handy enough, but not something to be doing while out cycling. Much handier to have a second one in a back pocket.

More for commuting and if it started to lose holding a full charge that it could be looked after. Not too fussed if it's a bit of work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've a Garmin Virb in a box that's never been used. Keep meaning to bring it out for insurance etc, but the very fact it doesn't come with a bike mount made me just let it gather dust.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've a Garmin Virb in a box that's never been used. Keep meaning to bring it out for insurance etc, but the very fact it doesn't come with a bike mount made me just let it gather dust.

As an aside, how much would it cost for someone to take it off your hands for cleaning, permanently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Weepsie wrote: »

I actually took mine out the box and used it a couple of times in Zurich for my commute and then found my mac was too old to make the most of the virb software (now it won't access any Garmin software at all). Back to Dublin commuting now so might give it another try. It was handy to pair it to my Edge for stops and starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

It's probably worth pointing out at this stage that the Virb (Original two, Standard and Elite) do not do continuous looping like a dash cam and a lot of other cameras. (As in the sd card never fills up, just keeps overwriting the oldest files)

When the card is full, you have to delete the data (or just format it using the camera itself)

It does do a weird "loop" recording that you can set to 5/10/20 mins BUT that just keeps overwriting the same "5/10/20" E.G. If you set if to a 20 minute loop and went cycling for two hours, when you get home you will have a 20 minute recording of the last 20 minutes.

You can however use a 64GB card, and that will take a lot of hours of filming before the card fills up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement