Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iTunes 12 - how do you refresh podcasts?

• 17-10-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭

Have updated to iTunes 12 (red logo) and have attached an iPod but can't for the life of me see where I can refresh the podcasts.

Not talking about syncing, I want to update (refresh) the list of episodes in each subscribed podcast. Can't see any refresh button.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

coylemj wrote: »
    Have updated to iTunes 12 (red logo) and have attached an iPod but can't for the life of me see where I can refresh the podcasts.

Not talking about syncing, I want to update (refresh) the list of episodes in each subscribed podcast. Can't see any refresh button.

It's there in "Bring Back The List View In iTunes 12":

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-fix-os-x-yosemites-biggest-annoyances-1646746016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

iniall wrote: »
    It's there in "Bring Back The List View In iTunes 12":

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-fix-os-x-yosemites-biggest-annoyances-1646746016

Cheers, below is the work around from that article, the function is no longer there in a single button

Apple always manage to fcuk up the user interface in every iTunes refresh, last time it was the apps refresh function which they decide to relocate to the (diagonally) opposite part of the screen and as a tiny reload/refresh arrow button when there used to be an easy to spot rectangular button in the lower-right marked (in text) 'Refresh'. They seem to go out of their way to progressively hide (and now eliminate completely) frequently used functions. End of rant.

Similarly annoying, iTunes no longer has a update podcasts button. Instead, you have to highlight all of them, right-click, and select refresh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Never understood the hate for iTunes until version 11 came along with its approach to podcasts. Now, version 12, similar to 11 at one point will no longer all you to group edit/select all and bump up the volume.

Advertisement