Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm upgrade query

Options
  • 17-10-2014 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

I have an HKC alarm, about 10yrs old. Was considering an upgrade and want to see what best options are to keep cost down. Would like remote access if possible.

Question:

- If I changed panel to Risco or Siemens would I have to buy new sensors, bells, etc also?

If above is not possible I'll look at changing panel to the 1070, just not keen on recurring charge for an app.

thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could change to Siemens ,Risco or GSD & keep your existing wired sensors and bells etc and still have no fees for apps or remote connections. Note the update for notifications via Siemens is still pending, but it will be a free upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

Will wired inertia sensors work with the latest Siemens, Risco and GSD panels? do they have zone analysers and a way to adjust the sensitivity of the inertia sensors at the keypad?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes,all Siemens zones are analysed. If using an expander you need to check its analysed. Risco is slightly different with a pulse setting but we tested them and they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

grand thanks

Advertisement