Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS Vita - Cannot Remote Play??

Options
  • 17-10-2014 3:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, weird one for you guys. I have used remote play between the Vita and PS4 in my house no problem at all but I brought the Vita in to work today to see if it will work over the internet.

It goes to find the PS4 on the internet and gets as far as "Registering" then onto "Connecting to the PS4 system" and then it pops up with an error: "Could not connect to the PS4 system. The connection speed of this system might be too slow"

Now all relevant ports are open and I can play the Vita on the PSN but just not remote play. Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Ok, weird one for you guys. I have used remote play between the Vita and PS4 in my house no problem at all but I brought the Vita in to work today to see if it will work over the internet.

It goes to find the PS4 on the internet and gets as far as "Registering" then onto "Connecting to the PS4 system" and then it pops up with an error: "Could not connect to the PS4 system. The connection speed of this system might be too slow"

Now all relevant ports are open and I can play the Vita on the PSN but just not remote play. Any ideas??

I've never successfully got it to work over the net either, only the home network so would be interested if there is a solution for this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

RedXIV wrote: »
    I've never successfully got it to work over the net either, only the home network so would be interested if there is a solution for this?

What error were you getting?

Im going to try get a solution to this over the weekend and hopefully solves anyones issues :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

not knowing exactly how the remote play works - I can say from using my Nvidia Shield, I had to setup specific port forwarding rules on my router to enable remote play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

jonny24ie wrote: »
    What error were you getting?

Im going to try get a solution to this over the weekend and hopefully solves anyones issues :D

Same error as you :)

Might try this weekend as well if I have time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What is your upload speed on the home network your PS4 is connected to?

I was not able to remote play from work initially. I then upgraded to fibre broadband and my upload speed went up to 5-10Mbps. The work wi-fi stayed the same and I can now remote into my PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I remote play form work, have 100mb in work(but it's flakey) and at home. I have done portforwarding on my router at home for PSN, not sure if that's required though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I have mine working flawlessly over the meteor 4g network it's great cause I drive a taxi for a living:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is there a guide I can follow to enable this to work outside of the home network?
    I think I've got it configured for direct wi-fi at the moment so I'll need to change that. Would also like to know what ports to map in the router.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Is there a guide I can follow to enable this to work outside of the home network?
    I think I've got it configured for direct wi-fi at the moment so I'll need to change that. Would also like to know what ports to map in the router.

Thanks
    personally I didn't need to do anything it just worked. I'm on Meteor 4g and upc wifi at home. Although I couldn't get it to work when I was on O2 3G I used my phone as a hotspot. I never used it on another wifi network outside of my own so can't help there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah you shouldn't have to do any configuring really, just make sure you are using the same psn account on the ps4 and vita.

• Advertisement
Advertisement