Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after hours - appeal

Options
  • 17-10-2014 3:36pm

Been banned from after hours and I would like to make an appeal.

In a post that was made today I said;

Your some clown if you think that's a counter argument.

Apparently the term " Your some clown if" is considered personal abuse.

I consider the term to be in the same category as

"your having a laugh if"

But according to the mod its personal abuse!

I would like to clarify that the term clown is banned and is indeed considered personal abuse.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi irishfreeview,

The term "clown" isn't banned.

Using it to direct personal abuse at someone though, is personal abuse, and that can be a bannable offence. Without getting bogged down in semantics, "You're some clown if you believe X" said to someone who believes X is another way of saying "You're some clown". It is quite clearly personal abuse, as you're attacking the poster, not the post.

Ban upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Penn wrote: »
    Hi irishfreeview,

The term "clown" isn't banned.

Using it to direct personal abuse at someone though, is personal abuse, and that can be a bannable offence. Without getting bogged down in semantics, "You're some clown if you believe X" said to someone who believes X is another way of saying "You're some clown". It is quite clearly personal abuse, as you're attacking the poster, not the post.

Ban upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Thanks for the prompt reply,

I have to say I'm really bemused that the term is considered personal abuse, as stated I would have thought it was no worse that saying "you`re having a laugh".

Eitherway if thats your rules then fair enough.

I wont bother with any further appeal, as if that is your understanding of the word "clown" then i will have to accept it no matter how laughable it would seem. I certainly don't think anyone has ever fallen over at the thought of being called a clown!:D

Once again, thanks for the prompt reply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement