Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yeah odd decision to not have 2 discs, as I am sure the people buying the disc, maybe doing so, because they have internet caps etc.

Will be getting via the Xbox store, but I can imagine for those buying the disc, just how annoying this will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

my broadband is crap, i may bring it over to a friends house to download it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will probably pickup an Xbox for this. Love all the games, and look forward to being able to play them again.

Any chance of getting Reach or ODST on the One?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kiith wrote: »
    Any chance of getting Reach or ODST on the One?

Yeah, 343 have confirmed that they're thinking about it.

I love Reach myself, think it's by far the best single player campaign that Bungie ever came up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

My internet would take about 2 days for that to download:(
    Looks like il have to go abuse somebody elses internet on the 11th.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

A 20gb patch to used multiplayer?

Are MS even trying any more? The One is an utter joke at this stage.

Really? You must find PC gaming hilarious so.

I mean you do realise that this package includes four complete games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

You are a bit too quick here :rolleyes: the 20gb is extra content NOT a fix. Problem was there wasnt enough space on the BD disk (I think around 45gb) to hold all the approx 100 mp maps and the remastered 4 halo games so they decided to let people download the MP content on day one.

Maybe they should and the previous posters said put it on two disks, so that is the problem not a MS f*** up

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Awh yeah :cool: can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,752 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Eh, Titanfall on PC from EA, that was 40GB Wasn't it? For 12 maps? I recall MCC should have well over a hundred maps MP incl maps only seen on PC for Halo 1 and 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Overheal wrote: »
    Eh, Titanfall on PC from EA, that was 40GB Wasn't it? For 12 maps? I recall MCC should have well over a hundred maps MP incl maps only seen on PC for Halo 1 and 2.

Nah, it had a HDD footprint that big due to the game running with uncompressed audio but the DL itself was like 16-20 gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I've been fairly interested in this from the get go as I'm a big Halo nut, but I played all these games to death 10 years ago and of course more recently, I don't think it's worth buying a machine for one game, alas that I've already played!

I said the same with the PS3 and MGS V and regretted it initially, but after discovering so many other exclusives that I missed in the 2 years I didn't have a PS3 and beyond the PS3 payed for itself by the end of the machine's cycle....

I don't really feel that for the Xbone exclusives so far though....

But the MCC is so shiney.... :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fieldog wrote: »
    I've been fairly interested in this from the get go as I'm a big Halo nut, but I played all these games to death 10 years ago and of course more recently, I don't think it's worth buying a machine for one game, alas that I've already played!

I said the same with the PS3 and MGS V and regretted it initially, but after discovering so many other exclusives that I missed in the 2 years I didn't have a PS3 and beyond the PS3 payed for itself by the end of the machine's cycle....

I don't really feel that for the Xbone exclusives so far though....

But the MCC is so shiney.... :)

The multiplayer sounds epic though. I can see myself still dipping in and out of it 4 or 5 years down the line.

They released the playlists there the other day:
    Team Halo 2: Anniversary
    Play a mix of Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 4v4.

Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble
    Challenge seven other opponents on re-mastered maps. This is your fight and yours alone. 8 player Free-For-All.

Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social
    Play with a team in unranked Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 5v5.

Team Slayer
    Eliminate the enemy team across four Halo games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Nothing but Team Slayer, 24/7. 4v4.

Big Team Battle
    Battle it out in 16-player warfare with vehicles across Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. 8v8.

Halo: Combat Evolved
    The game that started it all. Play a mix of Slayer and objective game types in Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time on Xbox Live. 4v4.

Halo 2 Classic
    It’s back. A mix of the most popular Team Slayer and objective game types from the original Halo 2. 4v4.

Halo 3
    A selection of fan-favorite Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 3. 4v4.

Halo 4
    A mix of Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 4, on a selection of small to medium-sized maps. 5v5.

Team Hardcore
    A collection of tournament-approved game types from Halo 2 and Halo 3. The Battle Rifle is your primary weapon. 4v4.

Halo eSports
    The official Halo eSports playlist. 4v4.

SWAT
    Aim for the head! A collection of SWAT game types on our favorite maps from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Players have no shields and are equipped with rifles. 4v4.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The multiplayer sounds epic though. I can see myself still dipping in and out of it 4 or 5 years down the line.

They released the playlists there the other day:

I loved SWAT on Halo 2.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I love my achievements. 400 achievements, 4000g on offer. The amount of content is just unreal. Never played Halo 2, so I have something new to look forward to too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I also cannot wait for this

i'm still debating whether to go digital with this one or order the limited edition
    from game.co.uk (since thats the only place it can be got)

Have to be physical for me. Don't think I could handle all that space, and a 20gb patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm buying the One just for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I'm buying the One just for this.

I bought it 6 months ago just for halo, glad to see some games coming out for it now.

Shadow of Mordor is brilliant and this will be the 2nd game for the system im really looking forward to.

Will also probably get DA3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I also cannot wait for this

i'm still debating whether to go digital with this one or order the limited edition
    from game.co.uk (since thats the only place it can be got)

What's the limited edition got extra?

• Advertisement

• 20gb day one patch. **** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    20gb day one patch. **** sake

Not a patch. Content.

• rizzla wrote: »
    Not a patch. Content.

Still a 20gb download even when you buy retail

But its glorious, glorious content.

rizzla wrote: »
    Not a patch. Content.

Multiplayer content - the best type of content... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

20gb day one patch. **** sake

20GB is notting considering where getting over 100 Maps or so on that :eek:. Like we will never get sick of maps as there is going to be so many to play and it will take some time to get good at some as it might be months before you see some of the maps again.

Got this for £33 pound on Amazon and to me its one of the biggest bargains in video game history. 100 + maps and 4 single player games. Who cares about a 20GB download when you getting all that.

Then Sunset overdrive post to be great and froze horizon 2 fantastic MS really distorted Sony this Xmess with 1st party games.

Liamalone wrote: »
    What's the limited edition got extra?

http://www.game.co.uk/en/halo-the-master-chief-collection-limited-edition-only-at-game-304670/?merchname=hubHaloMCC-_-editions-_-HaloMCCLE

• Halo Master Chief Collection Steel Tin
    • Physical Map book featuring all the maps available in the game
    • Grunt Funeral Skull Downloadable Content.

HALO_MCC_BeautyShot.jpg

• 20GB is notting considering where getting over 100 Maps or so on that :eek:. Like we will never get sick of maps as there is going to be so many to play and it will take some time to get good at some as it might be months before you see some of the maps again.

Got this for £33 pound on Amazon and to me its one of the biggest bargains in video game history. 100 + maps and 4 single player games. Who cares about a 20GB download when you getting all that.

Then Sunset overdrive post to be great and froze horizon 2 fantastic MS really distorted Sony this Xmess with 1st party games.

Its an issue for me because my bandwidth is limited. If I can still play the game when its downloading I don't care but this hasn't been confirmed. When I'm forced to pay extra for retail blue ray then the least I expect is to be able to play the game out of the box.

If I can still play the game when its downloading I don't care but this hasn't been confirmed. When I'm forced to pay extra for retail blue ray then the least I expect is to be able to play the game out of the box.

You can play any of the four single player games out of the box while you install the multiplayer.

• Advertisement

Its an issue for me because my bandwidth is limited. If I can still play the game when its downloading I don't care but this hasn't been confirmed. When I'm forced to pay extra for retail blue ray then the least I expect is to be able to play the game out of the box.

has been confirmed
    To help matters, those who buy the game digitally will be able to preload this content along with the base game. He also reassured players that they'll be able to play through all four campaigns (and watch their respective cutscenes) and play "a good chunk of MP custom games" without getting the update.

Link:http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-boss-addresses-master-chief-collections-huge-/1100-6423067/

Advertisement