Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    I hopped on last night and it found two matches very quickly but then it went half an hour without finding anything at all.

Was this idle wait or did you try and drop out and then search again?

I had one game of King of the hill last night and it was class. So much fun to be had if the bloody game would let you.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Was this idle wait or did you try and drop out and then search again?

I had one game of King of the hill last night and it was class. So much fun to be had if the bloody game would let you.

Was waiting 5 minutes or so then restarting the searches. The same thing happened to me with the last patch too, worked great for 10 minutes then reverted back to not working at all. With the Destiny DLC coming out next week it's looking more and more like I'm done with this game for the foreseeable future :(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Big team still isnt working for me, managed to get one game in the anniversary playlist and then back to its same old self and not finding anybody.

:( such a damn shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They made such a **** up of this. I haven't bothered turning the Xbox on since a few days after the game came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

They made such a **** up of this. I haven't bothered turning the Xbox on since a few days after the game came out.

But but but, why punish the xbox... Worms Battleground is FREE on gold atm. So much fun :pac:;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

logik wrote: »
    But but but, why punish the xbox... Worms Battleground is FREE on gold atm. So much fun :pac:;)

I'm mostly a PC Gamer, just bought the Xbox for the Master Chief Collection. Load of friends coming home for Christmas and the plan was to spend a lot of time playing it online.

We'll be playing Halo Reach on the 360 instead though by the looks of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

That bloody IWHBYD skull in Halo 2 is doing my head in! I've hit the checkpoints perfectly no less than 10 times and it isn't showing up

• maximoose wrote: »
    That bloody IWHBYD skull in Halo 2 is doing my head in! I've hit the checkpoints perfectly no less than 10 times and it isn't showing up

Same here; I followed this guide but to no avail :(

• On the topic of multiplayer. I had no issues last night playing online (Halo 2 re-master Rumble playlist I think)
    Had some great games of Juggernaut, Slayer BR, King of the Hill & the mode that you have to hold the skull (can't think of the name but it's a pure thrill fest :P)
    When the multiplayer is working it's a different beast. Just pure skill, no BS perks just pure exhilarating gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

ill be on tonight so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

On the topic of multiplayer. I had no issues last night playing online (Halo 2 re-master Rumble playlist I think)
    Had some great games of Juggernaut, Slayer BR, King of the Hill & the mode that you have to hold the skull (can't think of the name but it's a pure thrill fest :P)
    When the multiplayer is working it's a different beast. Just pure skill, no BS perks just pure exhilarating gold.

oddball?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

oddball?

That's the one. I hope they bring in a Ricochet playlist, one of the best game modes I've ever played. It's like Oddball but instead of holding on to the ball each team has a net you have to get it into. Basically american football with spartans and guns :P i think it was an option in the Halo 4 playlist before they took it down.

I still wasn't able to get games last night though, will give it another go today.

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's the one. I hope they bring in a Ricochet playlist, one of the best game modes I've ever played. It's like Oddball but instead of holding on to the ball each team has a net you have to get it into. Basically american football with spartans and guns :P i think it was an option in the Halo 4 playlist before they took it down.

I still wasn't able to get games last night though, will give it another go today.

It's easier to get into a game if your grouped from what I'm reading? Have you an Open Nat?

The host of the party carries out the initial comms with the match making service from what I understand.

Let me know if your on tonight, same with Stone Deaf and the guy above. (don't know his gamertag)

gunnerdrog

im not sure if ive a headset, ill have a look when i get home

I won't be around to night have stuff on with the OH but would be good if we can get a party going one of the nights. I'll add IvoryTower, think I already have Stone Deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Mickeroo wrote: »

Oddball is my fave mode but the Ricochet idea would be amazing.

getting into team slayer no bother at the moment, maybe a few min to wait for game but better than usual. not going to try a different mode until my run of luck stops!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wow, played my first Halo multiplayer game in 10 years.

In 1 round I racked up an amazing kill, that's right, just the the one :o

Haha! You're not the only one! In one game last my team won 50-7,I didn't get a kill and was about 6 of them deaths though!

I had no problem getting games at all last night. Next step for them is to keep teams together after a game and we'll be laughing

• Wow, played my first Halo multiplayer game in 10 years.

In 1 round I racked up an amazing kill, that's right, just the the one :o

Some of the teams at the moment are hardcore, steer clear of halo2 team playlist, looks like a lot of the veterans are gathering there

Rumble pit is where the fun is at fail ;)
    I'll be online today

• Advertisement

Yeah it seems to be working a lot better now, apart from Big Team which I couldn't get a game in at all yesterday.

Bombed through H3 at weekend and have 2 missions left in H4, I forgot how much I liked the campaign in 4!

Have a feeling the cheevo for legendary soloing every campaign is going to glitch on me when I finally get to the end.

KDYLkKs.jpg

OH can now breathe a sigh of relief :pac:

Matchmaking was much much quicker for me lastnight, but only in H2A playlist. Got a few games in a row quickly, nice even teams and zero lag. BTB still appears to be completely broken.

maximoose wrote: »
    KDYLkKs.jpg

Matchmaking was much much quicker for me lastnight, but only in H2A playlist. Got a few games in a row quickly, nice even teams and zero lag. BTB still appears to be completely broken.

Well done mate, I am about half way through Halo 4 myself but lately The Walking Dead has my attention. I will go back and finish Halo 4 for the achievement.

Of the 4 games Halo 2 was still the best, amazing game.

KDYLkKs.jpg

Well done!

Halo 2 is on the verge of making me break a controller....

Yeah I think 2 was my favourite (probably the hardest), with 4 surprisingly not far behind.

Which part are you stuck on Mick?

Think I'm Halo-ed out now for a while, might start the AC games and come back to this when MP is where it should be!

Yeah I think 2 was my favourite (probably the hardest), with 4 surprisingly not far behind.

Which part are you stuck on Mick?

Think I'm Halo-ed out now for a while, might start the AC games and come back to this when MP is where it should be!

I'll be honest I'm not really playing the levels in sequence on my legendary run. I'm picking levels at random. One I'm stuck on at the moment is the gravemind. I cannot for the life of me get through it, and I'm still trying to remember how I did it on the original Xbox. I'll pinpoint the specific part when I resume tonight.

I'll be honest I'm not really playing the levels in sequence on my legendary run. I'm picking levels at random. One I'm stuck on at the moment is the gravemind. I cannot for the life of me get through it, and I'm still trying to remember how I did it on the original Xbox. I'll pinpoint the specific part when I resume tonight.

Gravemind is the hardest mission in any Halo game on Legendary in my opinion. No wonder you are close to smashing the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Had my first game last night:

Battle rifles only slayer.

0 Kills 18 Deaths.

W. T. F.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Had my first game last night:

Battle rifles only slayer.

0 Kills 18 Deaths.

W. T. F.

You bastard, thats 2 deaths less than me :o

• Advertisement