Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is multiplayer working yet? Would have got rid of this long ago if I hadn't bought the digital version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

it kind of works, you get disbanded after every game, it takes a while to get into a game(but you do get into games) and every now and again a game is about to start and it just crashes. few other things like that. still no btb

sorry whoever Dr Siamang is, i was just finishing up when i got invite yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I wasnt even angry, more bewildered.

Yes, I must agree with that. It went far beyond the realm of rage :D

What was most embarrassing was people on my team where giving out about about 1 person on their team that wasn't playing. I realised it was me they were referring to when one guy said "Yeah, he's playing, hes just not killing anyone" :o

i was just thinking yesterday how i missed the amount of chat that used to be on back in the day, then i played a game where some lad spent nearly the whole time calling me a retard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yes, I must agree with that. It went far beyond the realm of rage :D

What was most embarrassing was people on my team where giving out about about 1 person on their team that wasn't playing. I realised it was me they were referring to when one guy said "Yeah, he's playing, hes just not killing anyone" :o

Lol, you should have said you were doing a tutorial, getting to grips with the movement first.

I didnt know what was happening, Id get a fellas shields down, then he'd turn around and I'd be dead in no time. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is multiplayer working yet? Would have got rid of this long ago if I hadn't bought the digital version.

It's still not working correctly?

That sucks - I thought MS would have been well on top of this release considering Halo is the bread and butter of the console....

i assume they just wanted it out before christmas, deal with the fallout afterwards

• I wasnt even angry, more bewildered.

Need to get into parties, in fairness I have noticed the Halo 2 veterans from the original xbox are back big time. I should be online Friday for a good few games. Round up failsafe and the lads

I'm having no issues getting into games and this was last week. Only issue is the disbanding games after-match.
    But not sure how it work's if your in an Xbox live party.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Need to get into parties, in fairness I have noticed the Halo 2 veterans from the original xbox are back big time. I should be online Friday for a good few games. Round up failsafe and the lads

I'm having no issues getting into games and this was last week. Only issue is the disbanding games after-match.
    But not sure how it work's if your in an Xbox live party.

Iron banner is back in Destiny this week. Depending on how that goes i might be up for another brutalizing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

More mixed success stories on the forums. Seems to have really improved the game for some, no difference for others.

Enjoying Shadow of Mordor at the minute but will try to get some MP in this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

this is being sent to those on the preview dash
    Coming soon for Xbox Preview Program Members: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta early access! This weekend, help us get ready for the public beta, and be among the first Spartans on the battlefield. Check out the Preview Dashboard for details!

I don't even own or like Halo. Based on this thread god knows what kind of mess it will be.

Edit : This starts 19th and runs for 3 days and is limited to week one content, they go on to say the full beta will have 7 maps and 3 game types and claims its a true "working beta" /insert rolly eyes

I'd offer my codes to those who might actually have an interest but they go on to say " Please note these codes are intended solely for your personal use as a preview participant. Any attempt to sell, give away or trade these tokens will have consequences" :eek:

Halo 4 ran perfectly so i imagine halo 5 will be similar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just got my Halo 5 code, downloading now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Guardians feels as generic as it gets and is nowhere near as pretty as I expected it to look. I know, I know "it's beta" but it's certainly not Destiny pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So it looks like we're getting an updated ODST campaign for free, also a remastered version of the halo 2 map Relic :D

• wexdevil wrote: »
    So it looks like we're getting an updated ODST campaign for free, also a remastered version of the halo 2 map Relic :D

This is great news! Free month of Xbox live gold also.

Thats more like it. Now if they could just hurry up and fix the mcc!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Wait, they released this game early and it was competely broken when they did? Weird.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wexdevil wrote: »

Wat? Where? How? :-o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty sweet giveaway actually, to be fair. More than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wexdevil wrote: »

Yup, cut off just in time to screw any new owners of the Xbox One at Christmas that are getting MCC. Just picked it up yesterday and didn't get a chance to install it last night. P***ed that I missed the cut off for free ODST by hours:mad:.

Yup, cut off just in time to screw any new owners of the Xbox One at Christmas that are getting MCC. Just picked it up yesterday and didn't get a chance to install it last night. P***ed that I missed the cut off for free ODST by hours:mad:.

How are they screwing them?

People who bought it on release had to endure a game that didn't actually work.

Someone who bought it new after that date would have not experienced any of the issues that made the game virtually unplayable for purchasers in November.

The package is an offering to those people who were actually screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I bought the game on release day but never tried the online, partly due to all the bad reviews. Ah well

How are they screwing them?

People who bought it on release had to endure a game that didn't actually work.

Someone who bought it new after that date would have not experienced any of the issues that made the game virtually unplayable for purchasers in November.

The package is an offering to those people who were actually screwed.

Most of those copies of MCC were purchased during the eligibility window, but due to being Christmas gifts won't be used for the first time until the big day. Yes the game is broken and people should be compensated as it wasn't fit for use, but Microsoft decided to cut it off now instead of say the 26th after the big uptick in users that will occur on the 25th and I doubt there will be another patch between now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's a great offer but not extending it past today is brutal, you would think they would do it to Xmas day or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd bet they originally intended to sell ODST and Reach as DLC.

I'd bet they originally intended to sell ODST and Reach as DLC.

Seems likely considering ODSTs Spring 2015 release schedule.

• Advertisement

Most of those copies of MCC were purchased during the eligibility window, but due to being Christmas gifts won't be used for the first time until the big day. Yes the game is broken and people should be compensated as it wasn't fit for use, but Microsoft decided to cut it off now instead of say the 26th after the big uptick in users that will occur on the 25th and I doubt there will be another patch between now and then.

But regardless of when you bought it, the game works for the most part as it should now, so if you weren't going to play it until after December 19th, what difference does it make? It's not the disc that's faulty, it's the service. Anyone who started playing on or after the 19th isn't really affected at all.

Compare that to those of us who bought the game in November for €60 and couldn't even play it until very recently.

Still don't see how anyone is getting screwed in the slightest. I get that it's annoying, but it was always intended to be compensation for those gamers who bought a broken game they couldn't use?

Advertisement