Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Compare that to those of us who bought the game in November for €60 and couldn't even play it until very recently.
    Most of the copies that people will be getting for Christmas will also be those same copies that were purchased in November for €60 and still can't play it until the 25th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Most of the copies that people will be getting for Christmas will also be those same copies that were purchased in November for €60 and still can't play it until the 25th.

:confused:

How are you not getting this? Those people who don't play until the 25th were never affected by any issues.

Not sure what the logic is here! Just because they bought the game yet never played it, they should qualify?

It was people that wanted to play online multiplayer between the release date and last week that were badly affected.

Someone who was bought a copy of the game and will not play it on the 25th did not suffer any of those issues and never would have!

:confused:

How are you not getting this? Those people who don't play until the 25th were never affected by any issues.

Not sure what the logic is here! Just because they bought the game yet never played it, they should qualify?

It was people that wanted to play online multiplayer between the release date and last week that were badly affected.

Someone who was bought a copy of the game and will not play it on the 25th did not suffer any of those issues and never would have!

Any other time of the year and I would agree with you, I just think it's a bit of a dick move having the cut off 5 days before Christmas when Microsoft, whom have sold a lot of copies of Halo with Xbox One consoles in the Christmas rush have excluded those Christmas purchases from this.

Look at Assassins Creed Unity, ALL people who have bought it and will buy it will now get the first dlc for free and season pass holders were given a free Ubisoft game because of what a mess that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Haha, what a silly argument you're making. You didn't suffer through roughly 10-15 minutes of matchmaking every time you'd want online multiplayer (that could've just kicked you to the home screen once the game was starting). I bought the broken game at full price five weeks ago and had a feeling they'd compensate with free ODST or Reach. Don't know why you'd expect to have the same entitlement as me and other gamers.

TL;DR: The actual people playing the game for the last five weeks were the ones screwed. This is a welcome attempt to make up for it.

• Yup, cut off just in time to screw any new owners of the Xbox One at Christmas that are getting MCC. Just picked it up yesterday and didn't get a chance to install it last night. P***ed that I missed the cut off for free ODST by hours:mad:.

This is bs to he honest. A lot of us have still got alot of play out of hmcc...but we were there from the start for the match making issues. This is a great response from 343 to remburse the people who stuck with it

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This is bs to he honest. A lot of us have still got alot of play out of hmcc...but we were there from the start for the match making issues. This is a great response from 343 to remburse the people who stuck with it

I am not arguing against the response from 343, I wish more companies would feel this way when they release nigh on unplayable games such as how MCC was at launch, what I am arguing is that its crappy having the cut off for this 5 days before Christmas. I also wouldn't have a problem with it if the cut off was back dated, to say the November 30th when the game was still in dire straits, but cutting it off 5 days before Christmas seems like a bit of a bah humbug from Microsoft, especially with how well the Xbox One has sold the last two months due to Christmas shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The proximity to Xmas is irrelevant. The cut off date is for when 343 figure the game started performing as it should. It's only to make it up to those ACTUALLY affected by the problems. Only people who played the game online before it was fixed were affected by the issues. If you bought it as an Xmas gift the issue an didn't affect you even if it was bought on launch day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

COYVB wrote: »
    The proximity to Xmas is irrelevant. The cut off date is for when 343 figure the game started performing as it should. It's only to make it up to those ACTUALLY affected by the problems. Only people who played the game online before it was fixed were affected by the issues. If you bought it as an Xmas gift the issue an didn't affect you even if it was bought on launch day

Same could be said for Assassins Creed surely ? But Ubisoft did not impose cutoffs the on the free DLC, it remains free to all when it's released, the free game was restricted to season pass holders which was fair enough as those are ones who gambled and rolled double sixes in that case.

calex71 wrote: »
    Same could be said for Assassins Creed surely ? But Ubisoft did not impose cutoffs the on the free DLC, it remains free to all when it's released, the free game was restricted to season pass holders which was fair enough as those are ones who gambled and rolled double sixes in that case.

Indeed, although there is no season pass for Halo to gate this kind of offer. The fairest way I can see is to have a cut off for the free month, nameplate and avatar and attach ODST to code redemption of the Halo 5 beta. This way it would prevent people who have purchased a second hand copy or has rented the game(ie people whom haven't generated revenue for Microsoft) from the most significant part of the apology package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

calex71 wrote: »
    The difference is that Ubisoft pulled the entire season pass and decided to give the content to users free. You can't get the SP any more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

spent 20 minutes trying to get a game there and gave up, head wrecking. its far from "fixed" imo

I've been playing it a good bit recently, no problem finding any games except Big Team Battle, which is a shame as that's by far my favourite playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

dont get me wrong im playing it loads, i still think its a good bit away from being fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Shred

So as someone who's never played Halo and will be mostly interested in the single player campaigns, is it safe to buy this now? If so where's the cheapest place to buy it digitally also?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Having a blast playing this, as someone who had the original Xbox close to launch I've played every Halo title on release day, gonna start online when I've completed all the campaign's.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Completed all the campaigns last night in coop with my son, really enjoyed them although 4 not as much as the others.

It was interesting to play all the stories back to back and very nostalgic too as I had an original xbox and Halo has the only game I had for a long time.

My son also grew up on Halo when he wouldn't sleep at night he would lie on my lap and watch now he is better then me.

Playing Big Team Battle a good bit the last few nights, but the playlists are all Halo 1 and 2? Not even the anniversary maps - the classics.

Now, bit of nostalgia is great, but....

We played for about 3 hours, every single map on BTB was either Halo 1 or 2.

Played Team slayer then, and although we got one or two Halo 3 maps, the vast majority were Halo 2 classic. Really irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

So I've been playing it a lot since Christmas and am totally lost in the nostalgia trip of playing the old games again, particularly Halo 2, which I lost a long time ago and never got a replacement copy of. It's awesome.

BUT, on a slightly unrelated note, can we take a moment to appreciate how totally awful Nightfall was? It was one of my most anticipated features of the MCC and it was just. So. Bad.

How did everyone else find it?

game not working again, could not find a game in forty minutes trying. got to voting twice, game loaded then ended instantly. was working fine before the update

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Heads up, you can pre-load the Halo 5 multiplayer beta now, just go into MCC and to the extras tab. Roughly 10GB.

If you already got it through the dashboard preview program then you won't need to of course.

Advertisement