Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• dunworth1 wrote: »

Thanks dunny..Rant over..problem solved :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Its an issue for me because my bandwidth is limited. If I can still play the game when its downloading I don't care but this hasn't been confirmed. When I'm forced to pay extra for retail blue ray then the least I expect is to be able to play the game out of the box.

No issue for me have 150MB in my house and if i head to the mother and fathers i have 15MB so no problems my way for downloading. But just lucky to where i am for internet i fell sorry for people who cant get at lest 8 in this day and age :/

Ya i think you can play the game while its downloading was able to do that with Forza Horizon 2 while it was downloading the update.

Only paying about €40 euros for my copy and its a retail so i think i am doing extremely well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i have 0.5mb :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i have 0.5mb :/

Ouch....

You got a friend with faster internet you can bring it over to?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why not make the Halo 2 campaign downloadable and put multiplayer on the disc. It's not like anyone wants to play that games single player :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I do :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Why not make the Halo 2 campaign downloadable and put multiplayer on the disc. It's not like anyone wants to play that games single player :P

Classic Retr0gamer i loved the Halo 2 single player when it came out back in 2004 :O i was only 12 at the time and i give it so much more time then GTA SA as they came out within 2 weeks of each other and i got both at the same time. I was a lucky child had a xbox, gamecube and a PS2.

Cant wait to play the remake of it now and the remake of halo 1 as i never got to play it on the Xbox 360.

Cant believe only like a month to go now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought Halo 2 started great with a fantastic opening section then got really poor after it. The developers have said themselves it was a total rush job. The story was just utter crap as well. Can't really fault this package though, it's a bit of a bargain. I'd have preferred Reach instead of Halo 4. Despite the crappy story Reach was a huge amount of fun and definitely my favourite of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

dunworth1 wrote: »
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/halo-the-master-chief-collection-limited-edition-only-at-game-304670/?merchname=hubHaloMCC-_-editions-_-HaloMCCLE

• Halo Master Chief Collection Steel Tin
    • Physical Map book featuring all the maps available in the game
    • Grunt Funeral Skull Downloadable Content.

HALO_MCC_BeautyShot.jpg

So nothing really worth the extra cash. Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Liamalone wrote: »
    So nothing really worth the extra cash. Ta

its 65 quid so still cheaper then buying the standard edition from Gamestop.

the map book would be handy with the 100 maps though

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Ouch....

You got a friend with faster internet you can bring it over to?

yeah it wont be a problem, just hassle

I rarely have problems playing online surprisingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sooo..... how exactly has it "Gone Gold"? I'm confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cormac... wrote: »

"Going gold" means that all testing is done and game is certified ready for release

I cannot wait to get this

Must give Halo 4 a blast to brush up again, haven't played it in ages

It's developer speak for the game is finished. In the good old days when a game is finished the final game was burned to a gold master disc which was then used to create all the retail copies. Hence the game had 'gone gold'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

maximoose wrote: »
    "Going gold" means that all testing is done and game is certified ready for release
    It's developer speak for the game is finished. In the good old days when a game is finished the final game was burned to a gold master disc which was then used to create all the retail copies. Hence the game had 'gone gold'.

Ah ok, I thought it was like when a game was already out and was really popular and sold a shed load of copies. Like when PS1 games went platinum.

Were cartridge games also burned to a "gold" disc? I'm guessing no :o

Still won't convince me to fork out for a X-Box One (despite my enjoyment of Destiny and Halo 2 at launch) having recently got the PS4, maybe in a year.... when it's cheap.... and has some more games that appeal specifically to me

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

If Reach and ODST were in this I would happily grab an XBone for this. Hell if it was just Reach and ODST I might. Oh well. Im sure there will be another collection released in a year or two.

Were cartridge games also burned to a "gold" disc? I'm guessing no :o

Back then games were just done :)

Also games going platinum was just the name of Sony's budget label. Apparently games needed to sell 500,000 copies to get on it but they played a bit hard and fast with that since stuff like Symphony of the Night ended up on it, mostly because of the demand after it became rare, I doubt it sold any where near half a million on it's first print run.

Collection with reach, ODST, and wars, then gears collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nah, it had a HDD footprint that big due to the game running with uncompressed audio but the DL itself was like 16-20 gb.

which ultimately is fine with me, ill trade disk space for cycle time, especially while fragging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The game isn't actually finished yet.

All that's working 100% is the single player, the coop campaign is kinda working, and the MP is still pretty much off the table

• Advertisement

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    You are a bit too quick here :rolleyes: the 20gb is extra content NOT a fix. Problem was there wasnt enough space on the BD disk (I think around 45gb) to hold all the approx 100 mp maps and the remastered 4 halo games so they decided to let people download the MP content on day one.

Maybe they should and the previous posters said put it on two disks, so that is the problem not a MS f*** up

See above. MP isn't finished yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

COYVB wrote: »
    The game isn't actually finished yet.

All that's working 100% is the single player, the coop campaign is kinda working, and the MP is still pretty much off the table

That would seem a bit strange considered they moved the release date forward to a bit over 2 weeks from now?

That would seem a bit strange considered they moved the release date forward to a bit over 2 weeks from now?

Not really, it's the massive day one patch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Halo 2 Anniversary Launch trailer is out, the cinematic look good at least.

ah jaysus i cant wait ha

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

*drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Playthrough vid of Halo 2 Gravemind level here

Can't wait

I'm fairly hyped for this now, I must admit.

Can any of the 4 campaigns be played co-op online does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Can any of the 4 campaigns be played co-op online does anyone know?

All of them can, but that's part of the 20Gb day one patch.

Halo 1 & 2 are two player co-op, including local split screen.

Halo 3 & 4 are four player co-op, including 2 player local split screen.

Advertisement