Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

One word, Activision. Change the story, cut out parts to make money and keep milking. That's basically it.

I dont accept that for the most part, a publisher makes an investment, i.e. fronts the money and expects a product in return within a given timeframe. they'll really only get involved when the project is dragging on and on and significant advances and deadlines are being missed. you cant reasonably expect any investor to continue to pour money into something with the vague idea that the end product might be good.

you can make comparisons to the MCC - they definitely could have done with a little more time squashing bugs, but the deadline was set in stone due to the (im assuming) need to have the game out before the thanksgiving / christmas rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Yeah, there is that and there is something about Cortana but I can't recall right now. (Edit)

""The final objective of "Halo: Reach" has your character, Noble 6, making a mad sprint to the Pillar of Autumn with a very important A.I. in tow. Yep, it's Cortana, and she's loaded down with valuable Forerunner data, which will be used throughout the rest of the "Halo" games. This makes Noble 6 an extremely important part of the "Halo" mythos. Arriving just in time, 6 hands Cortana over to Captain Keyes and sees the Autumn escape certain doom from a Covenant warship before making the fateful slip-space jump which will end at the first Halo installation.

In "Halo: The Fall of Reach," however, Cortana was chilling on the Autumn with Master Chief a full day before they had to escape from the Covenant, and her arrival had nothing to do with the heroic Noble Team members.""

Aah... OK.

Thing is though, smart AIs can fragment themselves & reside in multiple physical systems simultaneously.

(Unless that concept is a Mcguffin subsequently thought up to explain away cortana split locations?..... However I don't think so.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I dont accept that for the most part, a publisher makes an investment, i.e. .

It's been proven in Destiny, a former developer came out and explained how the story was chopped and changed. His posts and accounts were later deleted by higher ups.

Walk around Destiny and you can see the empty spaces and areas left closed off for DLC. The game is more complete than what we have access to. There is proof of that all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Every damn game there's always an extra people on the enemy team, because that's exactly what I want after waiting 20min for a match.

UGH!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only "problem" with Reach was this it's story messed with the cannon at bit.

The over the rop melodrama about characters I didn't care about would have made Final Fantasy blush in places. That was a big problem for me. However even as someone that thinks the whole Halo storyline and universe took a dive into ****sville from Halo 2 onwards caught on to the retconning.

• Advertisement

Got the game yesterday and played CE co-op on legendary with a friend online last night. Brilliant!

CE looks a lot better than I thought it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I played through mission 3 CE Co-Op Legendary last night with one of the lads and it was crazy difficult, it was very satisfying when we completed the mission though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CE is the hardest on Legendary I think. I remember playing it back in the day. I was fit to smash the Xbox it was so hard in spots.

For example, the 3rd mission when you go up into the Covenant ship where you have 6 stealth elites and loads of Grunts and Jackels. You manage to kill them after your 40th attempt only for 2 hunters to come out before you can get the next checkpoint...

• logik wrote: »
    CE is the hardest on Legendary I think. I remember playing it back in the day. I was fit to smash the Xbox it was so hard in spots.

For example, the 3rd mission when you go up into the Covenant ship where you have 6 stealth elites and loads of Grunts and Jackels. You manage to kill them after your 40th attempt only for 2 hunters to come out before you can get the next checkpoint...

Rage inducing! Somehow when I had my Xbox in 2002 I managed to complete it on Legendary.

Now it's best to do it in coop. At least when you die he can run away and let you respawn.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It makes dark souls look like a cake walk.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It makes dark souls look like a cake walk.

Ohh and when you do get killed after taking down 30 enemies, Bungie thought it would be funny to have the Grunt/Elite/Jackel laugh at your corpse...

Stylish...

logik wrote: »

yeah, the difficulty is insane, so bad that its making me question whether or not I ever played it on legendary the first time round.

yeah, the difficulty is insane, so bad that its making me question whether or not I ever played it on legendary the first time round.

I am playing it through at the moment on Heroic. I am not putting myself through Legendary again. I will complete all 4 games again on Heroic and then with hit the Legendary via Coop.

I remember at the time thinking the AI was great, but looking at it with fresh eyes, its easy to see through it. For example, on mission 2 when you get the warthog though the mountain and you're looking for survivors, you can see that the enemies wont engage unless you enter a particular area, then when you do, they just home in on your exact position, it makes it pretty impossible to reduce their numbers from a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Halo 2 - Second Mission

Getting through the streets with the Light Beam Rifle jackals who'll kill you as soon as you peek around a corner is tough enough, but then having to deal with crap marine AI either driving or gunning on your warthog is an absolute NIGHTMARE on Legendary solo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's actually pretty bad game design that the warthog is essentially useless if you're playing alone imo.

• maximoose wrote: »
    Halo 2 - Second Mission

Getting through the streets with the Light Beam Rifle jackals who'll kill you as soon as you peek around a corner is tough enough, but then having to deal with crap marine AI either driving or gunning on your warthog is an absolute NIGHTMARE on Legendary solo.
    Oh god...there one hit kill jackel snipers also! I can feel the burn even talking about it.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's actually pretty bad game design that the warthog is essentially useless if you're playing alone imo.

If you driving them it's not too bad once you get a marine on the turret. They have great accuracy with the railgun turret in particular.
    If you let them drive then your fooked on Legendary.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

If you driving them it's not too bad once you get a marine on the turret. They have great accuracy with the railgun turret in particular.
    If you let them drive then your fooked on Legendary.

Yeah there's a part in halo 4 where you get a gauss hog and have to take out a load of wraiths. I managed to do it on legendary by driving in circles for ages until the marine had taken them all out.

I'd rather have control of the turret and steering at the same time though.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh god...there one hit kill jackel snipers also! I can feel the burn even talking about it.

If you driving them it's not too bad once you get a marine on the turret. If you let them drive then your fooked on Legendary.

my problem is that my gunner is dead :mad: so i drive my warthog to a position where I can use the turret, but then the enemies all hide. but the second I step out of the gunner position, they all pop out again. incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Why is it that the enemy Ai is so much smarter then the human Ai
    My support always ends up getting killed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Is anyone still waiting for there game from Amazon ?. As i am nearly positive that my house mate has taking my game as she has notting better to be doing then taking my post.

• dunworth1 wrote: »
    Why is it that the enemy Ai is so much smarter then the human Ai
    My support always ends up getting killed

Give the marines rocket launchers in Halo 2 / 3
    They have unlimited ammo and just go mental with it :D:D

Oh and in Halo 2
    When you get to play the arbiter, give the AI elites the blade sword, one hit kill against the flood. you can always pick up another

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always loved driving around with a sniper in the front seat in Halo. Still stupidly accurate while you pull off some handbrake turns.

Down to 51.99 in argos for anyone still looking to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

im still waiting on my delivery, sickened i didnt just buy it from a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

IvoryTower wrote: »
    im still waiting on my delivery, sickened i didnt just buy it from a shop

What did you go for, the free option? I went for the next day option via PM and I had it on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

looks like a patch is schedule for Wednesday
    ’d like to provide the latest on Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and what the team is working on to address the issues you’re experiencing.

Looking at our data logs, server-side adjustments that we have made over the past 24 hours have shown a 20% increase in server connectivity. However, we are well aware that performance is not where it needs to be. Resolving Matchmaking issues also requires client-side fixes, which require a content update. The client side update, which focuses on Matchmaking performance, non-matchmaking bugs, and a variety of title-specific issues, has been completed and is going through testing and certification. We are currently targeting a release of Wednesday 11/19 for this content update. We know the current Matchmaking experience is frustrating, and we continue to have various teams working 24/7 to isolate and resolve the issues to provide the best experience as soon as possible. We are going to continue to optimize the matchmaking experience after next week's content update, and make further adjustments as needed. We thank you for your continued patience.

Dan Ayoub
    Executive Producer

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/11-15-update/21e7e215-7795-4568-9437-9a6dcacfb654/posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

This is what happens when you don't actually put your matchmaking live until mere hours before the game launches. There's no way they were able to stress test anything

Just completed the Halo CE campaign again and loved it! Just starting Halo 2 now but one thing I have noticed is that the achievements for Halo 2 are not working? I have completed the first 4 missions now and have not unlocked any achievements yet it says 4/15 complete.

Anyone else having issues with the achievements not popping? Not a big deal but annoying to be honest.

• Advertisement

logik wrote: »
    Just completed the Halo CE campaign again and loved it! Just starting Halo 2 now but one thing I have noticed is that the achievements for Halo 2 are not working? I have completed the first 4 missions now and have not unlocked any achievements yet it says 4/15 complete.

Anyone else having issues with the achievements not popping? Not a big deal but annoying to be honest.

achievements on xbox one seem to be very hit and miss. I have 2 achievements on Advanced warfare that say "progress 100% - unlocking....."

they've been that way for 3 days now:confused:

Advertisement