Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't watched any yet, is it any good?

• maximoose wrote: »
    Haven't watched any yet, is it any good?

Hard tell from 30 minutes, it was really only laying out the plot. Characters seem a bit wooden in the first episode. The CGI effects are poor also considering this is being financed by MS.

Ridley Scott is the producer believe it or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Still waiting on my copy from Amazon. Ridiculous ****e!

Might give it a watch later, OH's sister did a lot of extra work for it so don't even need to try and convince her to watch.. score! :pac:

Might be something to do with this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I found the first episode OKish, but only because it's Halo - as an actual production, it's disappointingly poor. Cheap effects, bad acting.....

If only they could make someone on par with this!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it's as dreadful as forward on to dawn or whatever then steer well clear.

maximoose wrote: »
    Might be something to do with this?

Ahhhh, that might be it so.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If it's as dreadful as forward on to dawn or whatever then steer well clear.

Again, too early to judge fully but first impressions are not so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Matchmaking was a lot better for me last night. Not perfect of course some match incomplete errors and occasional wait between games.

Can't wait for non stop battle rifle action! All will be forgotten then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CorEire

Mine was from Amazon too and was supposed to arrive last week. It turned up Tuesday morning and the same with a friends copy. Very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Smegball wrote: »
    Matchmaking was a lot better for me last night. Not perfect of course some match incomplete errors and occasional wait between games.

Can't wait for non stop battle rifle action! All will be forgotten then.

Yeah, mine seemed to run a good bit better to last night. There was also no delay with achievements, they all popped within 5 seconds. Suppose Bungie may have done another server side update.

Also, Nightfall Ep 2 still says "Coming Soon". I thought it was due for release last night?

Patch due today guys. Fingers crossed that this solves alot of the major issues.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/11-20-14-halo-the-master-chief-collection-content-update-notes

Had issues lastnight in CE campaign. About half way through the 'Keyes' level and my scoring stopped registering points, just showed a red zero for every kill instead. No achievements popping for the terminal or Keye's pipe, bugger.

Hope patch today does the business.

Edit: was just browsing smartglass and noticed these have unlocked now

maximoose wrote: »
    Had issues lastnight in CE campaign. About half way through the 'Keyes' level and my scoring stopped registering points, just showed a red zero for every kill instead. No achievements popping for the terminal or Keye's pipe, bugger.

Hope patch today does the business.

Yeah I had awful trouble last night on Halo 2 with the terminals. They just would not pop. I even restarted the xbox and began the level from the start again with no joy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Does Halo 3 get any sort of graphical makeover? Or is it standard Halo 3?

Just wondering if the jump from updated graphics in 1 and 2 makes 3 look particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Kiith wrote: »
    Does Halo 3 get any sort of graphical makeover? Or is it standard Halo 3?

Just wondering if the jump from updated graphics in 1 and 2 makes 3 look particularly bad.

Halo 3 got true 1080p textures as far as I know and not the 576 interlaced ones it had on the 360. Other than that it's the same, it didn't get a makeover like 1 and 2 did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Halo 3 is higher resolution and has a better framerate but not hugely different. Halo 4 looks surprisingly good - almost next gen quality!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah Halo 4 plays ridiculously well. Managed to get a game of Big team CTF on Halo 4 last week and it was brilliant.

Managed to get three or four mp games going last night and absolutely loved it. Can't wait for that patch to be released later.
    Is there anywhere in this thread about leaving your Gamertag to hook up with other Boards members to play it??

• Advertisement

Managed to get three or four mp games going last night and absolutely loved it. Can't wait for that patch to be released later.
    Is there anywhere in this thread about leaving your Gamertag to hook up with other Boards members to play it??

Put your GT as your signature and say you want to play Halo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's a halo foruim:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=854

Pretty quiet but hopefully once MM is patched and working we can get a few games going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

After nearly 2 weeks my copy of halo shows up in the post and now i have 2 copies as amazon sent out a replacement. Just downloading the update now for it

So going to trade in one to get GTA 5 for the xbox one

If anyone wants a game of halo with me add me TrustedWinter58

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

The Patch is finally live

1.4GB, just downloaded it this morning so haven't tried it out yet

Finished CE on legendary last night.. One down, three to go. After how frustating some of that was I don't know if I'm happy or sad about that :pac:

Played a few games this morning after the patch. Definitely improves things but still a bit of a wait.
    I am absolutely rubbish at it. Can't seem to get the drop on anyone.

Big Team still broken, smaller playlists seem to have improved a little, but only a little. Not where it needs to be yet unfortunately. Back to Destiny for another while it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Big Team still broken, smaller playlists seem to have improved a little, but only a little. Not where it needs to be yet unfortunately. Back to Destiny for another while it seems :(

Yeah it's quite disappointing

• Will be on fore some games this evening, any after patch feedback??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Will be on fore some games this evening, any after patch feedback??

Still not working right me a and a friend where trying to play a few games online there friday we got into 3 multiplayer games during the hour we where playing it witch is quite bad.

Then we ware playing co op of Halo 1 before that and i got kicked from a game for no reason :eek:

Also had a problem with join each other witch took us a good 10mins before we where in the same playlist

Advertisement