Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't played much MP since the patch, the two times I did try I got BTB matches pretty quickly and no issues

There does still seem to be a lot of issues though going by the forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

maximoose wrote: »
    Haven't played much MP since the patch, the two times I did try I got BTB matches pretty quickly and no issues

There does still seem to be a lot of issues though going by the forums!

I've been trying to play MM the last few days and it's not working for me. When I do eventually find people I get the match incomplete error. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's a real whiff of the Battlefield 4 launch about this whole thing. Two weeks since launch and it's still pretty much unplayable online. Wish I bought the physical version so I could trade it in at this stage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's a real whiff of the Battlefield 4 launch about this whole thing. Two weeks since launch and it's still pretty much unplayable online. Wish I bought the physical version so I could trade it in at this stage.

Going by reddit a few managed to get refunds through XBL support. A few were refused too though, but might be worth chancing your arm.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Going by reddit a few managed to get refunds through XBL support. A few were refused too though, but might be worth chancing your arm.

Yep, saw a few on trueachievements posting proof of refunds too

Two days in a row my checkpoint has magically disappeared when resuming campaig . Ugggggh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Two days in a row my checkpoint has magically disappeared when resuming campaig . Ugggggh.

Happened to me there today while playing halo 2 like I know from the halo games before you allways have to save a quite from when ever you get a checkpoint.

I have halo 1 over and done with and 1/2 done of halo 2 now. But I can't believe even with the remaster how poor a game halo 1 was as I found halo 1 just used the same areas over and over like there is a few lvs that where just the same lv done back words. I used to love it when I was younger but it has not held up well at all. But halo 2 remastered is just something else I forgot how good halo 2 was on to I starterd the remaster :O.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

cloud493 wrote: »

well, thats his own opinion, theres no solid facts about losing momentum.

personally, I hope that there is a significant financial backlash against the entire industry as a whole. the reason a lot of us chose consoles was part of the "one system, one set of specs, less potential for bugs".

Theres significant knowledge of the issue (amongst people like ourselves - people who actively seek out info on games etc). but its hard to know how much your average punter on the street knows about it.

• Advertisement

500mb Patch live today, notes here

Basically says the same things as the last one :pac:
    Matchmaking

Made improvements to the way the matchmaking system handles player matching
    Made improvements to the team selection process to improve team balancing
    Made an update to the party system to improve searching with parties (2+ players)
    Made further improvements to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player
    Made an update to ensure that players do not enter a non-joinable state after searching for a match
    Made an update to ensure that the “Game Session” UI does not persist after leaving a matchmaking lobby
    Resolved a variety of incorrectly displayed matchmaking prompts
    Improved matchmaking roster presentation during team creation phase to remove roster flickering
    Corrected a “connecting to host” message that incorrectly displayed during the matchmaking searching phase
    Made an update to ensure that FFA players do not appear as if they are on the red team in the pre-game lobby
    Party, Lobby, and Custom Games

Made an update to ensure that custom game settings persist between matches
    Made an update to ensure that player’s player emblems load correctly when returning to lobby
    Made an update to improve nameplate and emblem display
    Improved the display of emblems in the “Games Session Details” screen
    Made improvements to parties to ensure that parties are merged when the host joins another player and “brings party”
    Made an update to improve party stability after completing a matchmaking game
    Made an update to ensure that players are joinable after playing a matchmaking game

Stability

Made a variety of updates to improve UI stability
    Resolved stability issues that occurred while viewing medals in “Player Details”
    Made an update to prevent stability issues caused by controller disconnects
    Made an update to improve post-game-carnage-report stability
    Made an update to address in-game stability for Halo 2
    Improved matchmaking stability while searching with parties (2+ players)
    Addressed a crash that could occur after searching in the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist
    Resolved a variety of miscellaneous stability issues to improve overall performance

Achievements

Made an update to ensure that the “Zealot” achievement is unlockable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

This one needs to work... If not, I will finish Halo 4 and trade it against Dragon Age.

Early indications are that this one is WORKING. Reports from Eurogamer and IGN from players saying, at last they can play.

EDIT - May have been a bit premature. Patch has helped alot of players but there are still a number that are having issues.

I am reading the Official Halo Forums. I would say the split if about 60/40 or 70/30.

Going to give it a go on my lunch break. Will report back after 2pm.

• logik wrote: »
    Early indications are that this one is WORKING. Reports from Eurogamer and IGN from players saying, at last they can play.

Good news; link to the report?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm actually getting matches in btb :O although some boot me out right after we vote :s

Waypoint forums seem to be generally reporting a great improvement anyway

Yeah seems to be vastly improved for me too, checked it at lunch.

@ maxi, how is your Legendary campaign going, i see you are running it most evenings, as I am myself :)

I'm halfway through H2, really enjoying it! Kinda glad the MP was broken or I wouldn't have played it as much :pac:

When I started CE I was finding it tougher than I remember it being, but after getting used to the controls again and re-mastering the noob combo it's not too bad. Truth and Reconciliation has been by far the hardest level so far, Library was a breeze compared to it.

• maximoose wrote: »

Great will give a good go this evening, any boardsies fancy partying up for some games?

I'm halfway through H2, really enjoying it! Kinda glad the MP was broken or I wouldn't have played it as much :pac:

When I started CE I was finding it tougher than I remember it being, but after getting used to the controls again and re-mastering the noob combo it's not too bad. Truth and Reconciliation has been by far the hardest level so far, Library was a breeze compared to it.

Yeah, I had forgotten myself how hard Halo CE was on Legendary... The OH had to have a few words with me on a few occasions, to calm the **** down :pac:

Halo 2 is a masterpiece, oh such a great game and the remastered FMV sequences are amazing.

Almost finished Halo 3, I am on Gravemind... :(

Then Halo 4 and I am done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

logik wrote: »
    Yeah seems to be vastly improved for me too, checked it at lunch.

@ maxi, how is your Legendary campaign going, i see you are running it most evenings, as I am myself :)

Big improvement here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Great will give a good go this evening, any boardsies fancy partying up for some games?

GT is WoolliestVirus

Anyone feel free to add me for some Halo action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Downloading update gonna give it a go and see how it goes

Downloading update now. Hopefully there will be some improvement. Will post findings later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

A little improvement at lest I can find players now but have not been able to have a match yet after 10 minutes of matchmaking

Got into a game of plant the bomb really quickly on halo2 anniversary playlist. Unfortunately got booted out of lobby after game finished but the match did finish properly (none of that match incomplete craic).

Overall there is a definite improvement but more needs to be done .

Patch 3 (?) is now live, 103mb. Notes:
    Made a change to allow for matches to start once minimum player counts are met, allowing for faster matching times.

Made an update to resolve issues that caused false matches to be created, which resulted in a variety of matchmaking issues, including slow matchmaking and bad session starts.
    Streamlined the process for maintaining party continuity through the matchmaking process.
    Made an update to the high-level matchmaking flow that will reset lobbies after each match. Moving forward, players and party leaders need to press "B" after the post-game-carnage report, and select a playlist for their next match. This flow is consistent with previous Halo titles.

Improved user experience through removal of non-actionable error messages. This will allow for a more seamless matchmaking flow with less interruption and confusion.

Improved the post-game experience to fix an issue that could result in a player getting sent to another player’s lobby, rather than returning to the matchmaking screen.

There seems to be issues with Xbox Live that are affecting the game still, or else they're just saying that to mask another ineffective patch :)

Finished Halo 2 last night, Tartarus is some bollix.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I hopped on last night and it found two matches very quickly but then it went half an hour without finding anything at all.

Yes Tartarus was a right pain in the ass. Waiting for his shield to drop while running around in circles!!! I did over jump a number of times and fall off the edge... grrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I hopped on last night and it found two matches very quickly but then it went half an hour without finding anything at all.

that seems to be the case for me all the time, i always get 2-3 games followed by nothingness

so much potential...

Advertisement