Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get offcuts of Teflon (PTFE) and plate Copper

Options
  • 17-10-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I need a solid ring of PTFE (or similar material that can withstand ~ 200 degC for extended periods) [iD = 50mm, oD = 80mm, Thickness ~ 50mm] for my final year physics project.

The best I can find is radionics but the smallest size they do is a 30cm bar and though I have the capabilities to machine it my budget won't stretch to the asking price of over €200.

Also if anyone could direct me to where I could get 5mm thick plate copper (I need to make a ring with an outer diameter of 90mm that would be fantastic.

So far, I have tried; Amari, Hevac, Heitons, Chadwicks, Fischer, Polymetaal, Sigma Aldrich and ebay. I can spend about €100- 120 of both of these together.

Any help at all in finding these would be fantastic

Advertisement