Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Youtube Sex Scandal

• 17-10-2014 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Have any of you been following the Youtube sex Scandal?

Apparently there are a number of "celebrity" youtubers who have been taking advantage of their young fans

The most prominent one being Sam Pepper

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Have any of you been following the Youtube sex Scandal?

Categorically No.

I prefer classic sex scandals like Yewtree not your new fangled internet ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

969765-chipmunk4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

josip wrote: »
    969765-chipmunk4.jpg

I don't get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

The Sam Pepper guy seems to be the only guy who was accused of a harassing fans, the others were not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Anyone who does.
    Those video edits.
    With loads of little breaks.
    Is a self important.
    Twat and.
    Needs to be.
    Kicked in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

Funny how she never mentioned the girls doing it:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Youtubers = attention whores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

UCDCritic wrote: »
    I don't get it

It means your one sounds like an annoying fcuker, presumably

BrokenHero wrote: »
    Funny how she never mentioned the girls doing it:

Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I can't tell if she's telling us something or if everything she's saying is a question...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sam Pepper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Who is Sam Pepper?

Who is Sam Pepper?

Son/daughter of the Doctor.

I should have know you were all too old for this :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I cant believe that there are such things as 'youtubers' and 'youtube community'

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

What?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

The noise!!!!!!! Will you keep down the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Who is Sam Pepper?

She's on tour apparently,and made a very annoying video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It means your one sounds like an annoying fcuker, presumably

I couldn't watch past 2 mins. Sounded like she was about to burst into tears at any moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Well I hope the police look into it, and if the guy is guilty, that he is shown the inside of a jail cell. As I assume anybody would agree.

I'm not exactly sure what the point of making a video is. Seems a bit like trying to start a witch hunt to me. That isn't to say that this sort of thing shouldn't be talked about, but when you name the people at least before the legal system gets involved, then I do think you've crossed a line. Maybe he deserves it.... but that isn't for me, or her, to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

People that comment on youtube videos are the biggest w**kers in the world

Nah, above it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Mumble mumble feminist mumble mumble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yes, it's our age that's at fault here. Meanwhile you're the one receiving a college education but yet still following the inane yammerings of twerps on youtube.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

No. It doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Birneybau wrote: »

The Doctor? Who?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

kneemos wrote: »
    She's on tour apparently,and made a very annoying video.
    Sam Pepper is the guy accused of the abuse, not the girl who made the video linked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Virtanen wrote: »
    Sam Pepper is the guy accused of the abuse, not the girl who made the video linked

Ah.

So who's your won?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Ah.

So who's your won?

Just your average man hating feminist

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Ah.

So who's your won?
    Just another YouTuber making a video about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Birneybau wrote: »

What's the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,318 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

All I saw in that video in the OP was some shameless self promotion by a young woman in front of a camera, complaining about young women being exploited by young men I'd never even heard of until I watched her video telling me not to watch their videos?

Now I'm confused - should I watch their videos to see for myself what she's talking about, or should I take her word for it?

I really couldn't care less about any YouTube "community" tbh, and if this young woman doesn't want to see these young men on YouTube, then she should practice what she preaches surely and avoid promoting them in her videos?

Barbara Streisand effect anyone? Or just narcissistic and shameless self promotion...

Nah, I still can't force myself to care about some YouTube "sex scandal".

Shame on you OP for getting my hopes up like that. It's no Bill Clinton / Monica Lewinsky, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

darkdubh wrote: »

They seem more interested in using what allegedly happened to get some cheap views rather than to having the guy held responsible for what they allege.

That video in particular stinks of attention seeking. She's like a first year drama student with her stupid hand gestures and head movements.

Inb4 I'm accused of 'victim blaming' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

With the amount of editing on the video, how did she not correct herself saying "viligant" in the last few seconds..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Meh, he's no Barry Pepper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Steppenwolfe

They seem more interested in using what allegedly happened to get some cheap views rather than to having the guy held responsible for what they allege.

That video in particular stinks of attention seeking. She's like a first year drama student with her stupid hand gestures and head movements.

Not that it excuses the doucebag behaviour of Pepper, but her naivety is breathtaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

If Sam Pepper is who I think it is Im more surprised he had sex with girls. I thought he was into the other gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

claimed she had felt uncomfortable during a date to the cinema with the YouTube star:"He tried to touch me around my chest area and I moved his hand away because I wasn't comfortable with that," she told Newsbeat.

She said they did kiss and were holding hands, but the 25-year-old went too far.

thats not sexual abuse, right?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭bennyl10

claimed she had felt uncomfortable during a date to the cinema with the YouTube star:"He tried to touch me around my chest area and I moved his hand away because I wasn't comfortable with that," she told Newsbeat.

She said they did kiss and were holding hands, but the 25-year-old went too far.

thats not sexual abuse, right?!

yes..
    , he continued after she explicitly told him no.

Sam Pepper is just a drop in the ocean, lots of the more prominent youtubers(like Alex Day and EdPlant) have also been caught up in it.. Sam Pepper only the most recent..

Of courser if you're never on youtube, or an active user.. those names mean nothing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

She cuddles everyone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What an age we live in. I can see every illiterate braying ass on the Internet acting the knobjockey right here on the electrical radiotelephone device! Huzzah!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

yeahhh when my housemate offered me to share his bed just to cuddle, I asked him to move out, she is either so naive or knowingly went along with it, is now regretting it and making up her own version of events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,318 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

bennyl10 wrote: »
    yes..
    , he continued after she explicitly told him no.

Sam Pepper is just a drop in the ocean, lots of the more prominent youtubers(like Alex Day and EdPlant) have also been caught up in it.. Sam Pepper only the most recent..

Of courser if you're never on youtube, or an active user.. those names mean nothing..

Do you have any concept of the sheer volume of videos on YouTube?

I regularly use YouTube, as many of us I suspect here do, and those names still mean squat, nothing. Perhaps it's because most people see YouTube as no different than any other digital medium and aren't so invested in the mediocre warbling and childish nonsense of a mere handful of self interested attention seekers.

Their videos are the modern equivalent of "Do you know who I am?", to which the usual response is "No, I don't, and I really don't care who you are either".

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

How do i get these minutes of my life back?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Who is Sam Pepper?

Someone who wanted his salt shakered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offences are considered especially heinous. On Youtube, the dedicated social justice warriors who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Attention Seeking Unit. These are their stories. DUN DUN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

So, YouTube vloggers used their YouTube "fame" to get dates with girls who commented on the videos then tried to sleep with the girls and some said no to the guys; now they are making their own videos talking about what creeps the guys were?

Advertisement