Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Concord 60-840-43 engineer code

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

Have you used the outputs(relays) on your panel for an external bell etc? If not you need to wire one of them into one of the Smart Guards inputs and program the panel to trip it when the alarm goes off.

I thought that might be the case. The output on the panel needs to be connected to the input on the GSM module in order to trigger an alarm. Would that be correct.

I thought that might be the case. The output on the panel needs to be connected to the input on the GSM module in order to trigger an alarm. Would that be correct.

Looks like your suggestion solved that problem. The Smartguard is now sending an SMS on alarm activation. That's a call from the panel and an SMS arriving to my phone on activation. Nice one.

Looking at how the Smartguard and the Concord communicate I was wondering if I could send an SMS to the panel using DTMF tones embedded in the SMS to arm/disarm the alarm, control x10 lights and any other commands. I suppose using the 12 ring method, I could compose an SMS to dial the number and embed DTMF tones in the message as if I was calling the panel via a voice call. Just wonder what you think.

Btw thanks for all your help. As a result the land line is gone now and new life has been breathed into an old horse, the Concord.

Looks like your suggestion solved that problem. The Smartguard is now sending an SMS on alarm activation. That's a call from the panel and an SMS arriving to my phone on activation. Nice one.

Looking at how the Smartguard and the Concord communicate I was wondering if I could send an SMS to the panel using DTMF tones embedded in the SMS to arm/disarm the alarm, control x10 lights and any other commands. I suppose using the 12 ring method, I could compose an SMS to dial the number and embed DTMF tones in the message as if I was calling the panel via a voice call. Just wonder what you think.

Btw thanks for all your help. As a result the land line is gone now and new life has been breathed into an old horse, the Concord.

I was clearing a few faults from the control panel and I selected the wrong option. I ended up clearing the memory and boy was that a mistake. Everything back to factory default.

Spent most of the day reconfiguring the system. I've managed to restore most of the settings prior to the reset. The only problem I'm having now is remote access. I've enabled Remote Access On on the Phone Options but I cannot seem to get the panel to accept my access codes from the remote phone. Local access works fine so the system is recognising DTMF tones.

I wonder is this some sort of permissions issue. I've tried as many options as I can think of but still no luck. Does anyone with knowledge of the GE Concord International panel(Phonewatch branded) have any ideas how I might solve this one.

I was clearing a few faults from the control panel and I selected the wrong option. I ended up clearing the memory and boy was that a mistake. Everything back to factory default.

Spent most of the day reconfiguring the system. I've managed to restore most of the settings prior to the reset. The only problem I'm having now is remote access. I've enabled Remote Access On on the Phone Options but I cannot seem to get the panel to accept my access codes from the remote phone. Local access works fine so the system is recognising DTMF tones.

I wonder is this some sort of permissions issue. I've tried as many options as I can think of but still no luck. Does anyone with knowledge of the GE Concord International panel(Phonewatch branded) have any ideas how I might solve this one.

Had another go at resolving the Remote Phone Access issue today but no luck. The situation as it stands at the moment is

1) The Smartguard module is sending an SMS to my mobile when the alarm is triggered.

2) The Concord is sending the Smartguard a trigger via it's Output to call my mobile.

3) When I answer the phone I receive the usual Hello from the panel. I press # and my code but get no response from the panel and it hangs up It's exactly the same when I dial in to the panel with the 2ring/hang/ring. The panel answers and requests a code. I enter # and my code and the panel justs hangs up.

4) Local Phone Access works fine. #* and my code and the panel replies "system ok".

The Remote Access is set On so and I had everything working fine before the Clear Memory so I'm convinced it's something to do with Code Attributes or permissions. I tried using the Master Code, Instalker Code, Dealer Code and a User Code but still no joy.

I was wondering as you've worked on this particular panel if you may see something obvious I'm overlooking. I set out to solve one problem and created another.

Had another go at resolving the Remote Phone Access issue today but no luck. The situation as it stands at the moment is

1) The Smartguard module is sending an SMS to my mobile when the alarm is triggered.

2) The Concord is sending the Smartguard a trigger via it's Output to call my mobile.

3) When I answer the phone I receive the usual Hello from the panel. I press # and my code but get no response from the panel and it hangs up It's exactly the same when I dial in to the panel with the 2ring/hang/ring. The panel answers and requests a code. I enter # and my code and the panel justs hangs up.

4) Local Phone Access works fine. #* and my code and the panel replies "system ok".

The Remote Access is set On so and I had everything working fine before the Clear Memory so I'm convinced it's something to do with Code Attributes or permissions. I tried using the Master Code, Instalker Code, Dealer Code and a User Code but still no joy.

I was wondering as you've worked on this particular panel if you may see something obvious I'm overlooking. I set out to solve one problem and created another.

As I suspected. It was a code issue. After the Memory Clear was pressed the default settings leaves Remote Access off by default. I reconfigured that option so all is back normal and GSM gateway working a treat. I'll remember not to press Memory Clear in future.

Thanks Dave for all your help.

• Advertisement

As I suspected. It was a code issue. After the Memory Clear was pressed the default settings leaves Remote Access off by default. I reconfigured that option so all is back normal and GSM gateway working a treat. I'll remember not to press Memory Clear in future.

Thanks Dave for all your help.

Would it be possible to wire one of the outputs on the Smartguard to an input on the Concord alarm panel to use it as a key switch to alarm the panel by SMS. I've been looking at the possibilities but it's not obvious to see what input could be used on the Concord alarm panel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Would it be possible to wire one of the outputs on the Smartguard to an input on the Concord alarm panel to use it as a key switch to alarm the panel by SMS. I've been looking at the possibilities but it's not obvious to see what input could be used on the Concord alarm panel

Have you got a input card for the concord?

altor wrote: »
    Have you got a input card for the concord?

The only input I see on the panel is Bus A/B

The only input I see on the panel is Bus A/B

No, that is the keypad Bus.

There is one input on the board I have used to tamper a bell or external gsm off the system.
    I have never set up that zone for the purpose you propose.

You must be nearly the king of the Concord at this stage, just reading back over the thread :D

• Advertisement

No, that is the keypad Bus.

There is one input on the board I have used to tamper a bell or external gsm off the system.
    I have never set up that zone for the purpose you propose.

Yes there's two outputs marked Output 1 and Output 2. They attach to a SAB or a piezo siren. I've one attached to a siren and the other to the GSM gateway to call me on alarm activation. Got rid of the landline as a result. It also texts me now which is a bonus.

If the Concord had an input that could act as a keyswitch I could text the alarm to arm//disarm. I think the problem is that the Concord is purely an analogue panel so it gives very little scope to play with. They never included an option for serial input/output like they did with the American Concord 4. A Phonewatch Concord hybrid.

Yes there's two outputs marked Output 1 and Output 2. They attach to a SAB or a piezo siren. I've one attached to a siren and the other to the GSM gateway to call me on alarm activation. Got rid of the landline as a result. It also texts me now which is a bonus.

If the Concord had an input that could act as a keyswitch I could text the alarm to arm//disarm. I think the problem is that the Concord is purely an analogue panel so it gives very little scope to play with. They never included an option for serial input/output like they did with the American Concord 4. A Phonewatch Concord hybrid.

Yes that is correct, P.W. used the European version which has less features.
    Output 7 is the strobe - (output programmed to 00403)
    Output 8 is the siren - (output programmed as 00402)
    BHO to ground
    Zone 1 tamper return (programmed as 08)
    Handy for triggering an external dialer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 conorking

Sent you a P.M.
    Ok I need to bring this thread back from the dead.

My PhoneWatch Concord International alarm (no longer subscribed to monitoring service) recently started giving a regular (and annoying) "System Phone Trouble" with beeps. I rang PW and they said they don't have the engineer code to get into the system menu to reprogram/cancel the dial settings.

How can that be? And what can I do if that engineer code is unavailable?

(I'm not sure why this error only started recently. Would something have happened to the landline into the house? I don't use landline so not sure if that changed recently. Do Eir still own those lines? I tried contacting them but they look for account number which I obviously don't have. Please help.)

conorking wrote: »

My PhoneWatch Concord International alarm (no longer subscribed to monitoring service) recently started giving a regular (and annoying) "System Phone Trouble" with beeps. I rang PW and they said they don't have the engineer code to get into the system menu to reprogram/cancel the dial settings.

(I'm not sure why this error only started recently. Would something have happened to the landline into the house? I don't use landline so not sure if that changed recently. Do Eir still own those lines? I tried contacting them but they look for account number which I obviously don't have. Please help.)

I assume you don’t have a monitoring account with them. You’re alarm is trying to call into their monitoring station which is not being acknowledged so that would account for Phone Trouble error.

Knowing the form of Phonewatch, or whatever they call themselves these days, I doubt they would want to give you that information. They want to sell you something they can make a few quid from.

They should have records of that installation with the person they signed a contract with. If you are not that person you could try and contact the previous owner and see if they can supply an engineering code.

If you were the person they entered into a contract with they are obliged to supply the engineering code to you as you now own that panel. They usually ask you to sign a waiver first. By the way you’re looking for an Installer Code. Send them an email requesting one and reference the contract number.

Unfortunately engineering codes can’t be discussed here as per forum rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 conorking

I assume you don’t have a monitoring account with them. You’re alarm is trying to call into their monitoring station which is not being acknowledged so that would account for Phone Trouble error.

Knowing the form of Phonewatch, or whatever they call themselves these days, I doubt they would want to give you that information. They want to sell you something they can make a few quid from.

They should have records of that installation with the person they signed a contract with. If you are not that person you could try and contact the previous owner and see if they can supply an engineering code.

If you were the person they entered into a contract with they are obliged to supply the engineering code to you as you now own that panel. They usually ask you to sign a waiver first. By the way you’re looking for an Installer Code. Send them an email requesting one and reference the contract number.

Unfortunately engineering codes can’t be discussed here as per forum rules.

Yeah, the contract was with the previous owners as I never had an account or active monitoring with them.

In fairness, they did try to give me the code but I think it was down to incompetence that they couldn’t find it. (They did try to get me to sign up to monitoring though :))

By the way, don’t mean to break any forum rules but what’s the difference in installer code and engineer code?

Yeah, the contract was with the previous owners as I never had an account or active monitoring with them.

In fairness, they did try to give me the code but I think it was down to incompetence that they couldn’t find it. (They did try to get me to sign up to monitoring though :))

By the way, don’t mean to break any forum rules but what’s the difference in installer code and engineer code?

The Installer Code allows you to Program the Panel. Are you using the alarm

More than likely the voltage to the line has been removed.
    Panel is only looking for this voltage so once removed the line fault kicks in.

If you cant get the engineer code you could have the system defaulted and reprogrammed.

Advertisement