Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel with adjoining room for break away with 2yr old

Options
  • 17-10-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the right place, but Im looking for recommendations for hotels with a 2 year old which have adjoining rooms so that the 3 of us can head away for a few nights. Was looking at Westport but will head anywhere really :)
    No point in having her in our room as we want to relax and chat, but know she's just be a door away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Did you try googling for hotels with 2 bed family rooms ..... just an example below
    http://www.themaritime.ie/en/family-accommodation-bantry/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I stayed in Seafield Ballymoney gorey with adjoining rooms.

Also stayed in tullamore court hotel adjoining rooms.

Seafield is lovely.

Would a family room suit.
    My friend stayed in stillorgan park hotel. Family room she said it was massive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Unfortunately, being first time parents, we tip toed around our little one when she slept as she had colic so the sleep was precious!! She's a light sleeper even now so an adjoining room would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Unfortunately, being first time parents, we tip toed around our little one when she slept as she had colic so the sleep was precious!! She's a light sleeper even now so an adjoining room would be better.

I know the feeling.!! We had one of those!
    Seafield is grand there's a lovely walk which you could bring a buggy down to the beach.
    Also the spa is top class!
    Food lovely too.

Enjoy wherever you go

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

The Westport plaza is good and even have two bed suites with a kitchenette

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Markree Castle in sligo has some rooms like this. It's lovely place and heaps to do around sligo area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

A lot of hotels have houses or apartments on their grounds and would have 2/3 bedrooms. They can work out a little more than the hotel itself but for people with kids their much handier. You still get to use the hotels full facilities in them so their the best of both worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the right place, but Im looking for recommendations for hotels with a 2 year old which have adjoining rooms so that the 3 of us can head away for a few nights. Was looking at Westport but will head anywhere really :)
    No point in having her in our room as we want to relax and chat, but know she's just be a door away.
    Would you try a B&B? Some of them have chalets out the back with two rooms which have an adjoining door. Not only do you get two rooms but you also have the privacy and quite of not being inside the main house.

EDIT Just to add op, I know of such a B&B in Galway. If you would be interested pm me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Crover House Hotel in Cavan have a couple of gorgeous suites, four poster bed and two bathrooms - one with a jacuzzi. The suite was bigger than my apartment! We had the most amazing time there in July for €85 a night! We booked through booking.com as it was cheaper than the hotel directly.
    It's a very quiet area with not much to do but nice if you want to chill out for a couple of days.

Mulranny Park Hotel in Mayo is gorgeous too, they have self catering houses attached to the hotel, I often find the self catering apts are more expensive than staying in the hotel which makes no sense to me.

Advertisement