Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close PTSB bank account

Options
  • 17-10-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys, I'm moving to USA. Any idea how do I close PTSB bank account? So far I made sure there is 0 money on it and I have no standing orders/direct debits/etc.
    Do I just go to the branch saying 'I want to close'? I want to avoid going there more times, since it collides with my work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yeah, just pop in, with ID and say you want to close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Also bring you current debit card and any unused cheques with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,521 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi guys, I'm moving to USA. Any idea how do I close PTSB bank account? So far I made sure there is 0 money on it and I have no standing orders/direct debits/etc.
    Do I just go to the branch saying 'I want to close'? I want to avoid going there more times, since it collides with my work.

As there's no fees you might find it handy to keep open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

ted1 wrote: »
    As there's no fees you might find it handy to keep open.

The OP is about to become a non-resident.

Probably best to close it while the OP is in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I would think you could always write in - put a copy of your ID with letter - although the should have a copy of your sig on file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Keep it open you never know when you need it and it is becoming increasingly difficult to open one. It will cost you nothing to leave it open

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Are there only "no fees" if a salary is lodged in every month?

Advertisement