Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending an iPod to Nigeria

Options
  • 17-10-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hope this is the right thread, if not please let me know and I'll remove it.

I've just sold an iPod online and it was bought by a woman here in Ireland but she wants me to post it directly to Nigeria (present for her son) and she's agreed to cover postage costs.

I thought I could post it with An Post but that's a no go so my question is what courier company is the best way of getting it iPod - in its original box to Nigeria?

When I saw 'best' I mean quick, cheap and hassle free.

If there are better options than a courier then please let me know - can't say I've shipped much to Africa before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

dmullins3 wrote: »

I've just sold an iPod online and it was bought by a woman here in Ireland but she wants me to post it directly to Nigeria (present for her son) and she's agreed to cover postage costs.

I thought I could post it with An Post but that's a no go so my question is what courier company is the best way of getting it iPod - in its original box to Nigeria?

If there are better options than a courier then please let me know - can't say I've shipped much to Africa before.

Hi, give me twenty quid and the iPod and I will make sure her son gets it.
    Yours ever so sincerely,
    The Prince of Nigeria.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

ya, as soon as i read that after typing it out i realised it was a scam. **** sake

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This sounds like a typical scam. How is she paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

How did she pay for the ipod?
    Major scam going recently where people were paid by cheque by the time the cheque bounced
    the product would already be on its way to nigeria.
    Unless you got hard cash dont send it.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

Do you actually hod the money in your hand? If not its a scam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Another scam I heard on a different forum.

The buyer said they would pay by paypal. Next thing seller recieves e-mail,claiming to be from paypal, saying they have the funds but can't be released until item is confirmed posted and details of the tacking number.

Needless to say a few e-mails later, Paypal know nothing about it - can't even put a claim in :(

im such a clown for not copping onto that. 'she' said she's pay the paypal so I was waiting for the money to come through. 'she' kept pressuring me into sending it without having gotten the money. been getting serious messages a day. lost it with her earlier and basically told her to **** off and wait until the money came through - at this stage i was still sure she was genuine but she was really pissing me off. i was getting constant emails at work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

If you give me your bank account details, I'll look into it for you.

Another scam I heard on a different forum.

The buyer said they would pay by paypal. Next thing seller recieves e-mail,claiming to be from paypal, saying they have the funds but can't be released until item is confirmed posted and details of the tacking number.

Needless to say a few e-mails later, Paypal know nothing about it - can't even put a claim in :(

thats my situation exactly. the email is there in spam and everything. never checked spam until now

im such a clown for not copping onto that. 'she' said she's pay the paypal so I was waiting for the money to come through. 'she' kept pressuring me into sending it without having gotten the money. been getting serious messages a day. lost it with her earlier and basically told her to **** off and wait until the money came through - at this stage i was still sure she was genuine but she was really pissing me off. i was getting constant emails at work

Don't feel bad. These feckers pray on people's good nature and you have one.

Good Luck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

1000% scam

thats my situation exactly. the email is there in spam and everything. never checked spam until now

Yep that won't be from Paypal

So really thank your lucky stars that AN Post are so $hoite ;)

so in related news i have an unused ipod classic 160gb to sell if anyone is interested

Don't feel bad. These feckers pray on people's good nature and you have one.

Good Luck ;)

im usually good at spotting this kinda stuff though. until now it's not usually that easy for the wool to be pulled over my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Put a massive turd in a box. Post it to her 'son'. Let her know its in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

im such a clown for not copping onto that. 'she' said she's pay the paypal so I was waiting for the money to come through.

Just be aware that the scam is two pronged. The first scam is a fake paypal mail to make you think you have the money (or asks for more details). The second part of the scam is phish for your paypal account.

Hobbes wrote: »
    The second part of the scam is phish for your paypal account.

how does that affect me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

how does that affect me?

If you logged into the fake site ......... scam central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

I've sold a few iphones and the like on ebay and always state in the listing that I won't be sending it to any cousins/brothers/sisters etc in Africa and not to bid on the item as they will be reported to ebay.
    AFAIK it's against ebay rules.
    Most people know it's usually a scam.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    If you logged into the fake site ......... scam central.

ok. cool. i didnt do that. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

You have the greatest chance in the world now to string her along and take the p1ss out of her.

Don't pass it up!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

good to hear you didn't get caught. Now, make sure you use the opportunity to mess her around a bit

Rabbo wrote: »
    good to hear you didn't get caught. Now, make sure you use the opportunity to mess her around a bit

earlier today when i was still guillible she was constantly emailing asking what the story was and why i wasnt replying. i replied and told her to **** off and stop emailing. she hasnt emailed since so think i scared her off. pity. id love to have a bit of fun first :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Do you have an address in Nigeria? :)

If you're unsure change your login details. I haven't had any of them try to scam me recently. I love giving them the run around.

Advertisement