Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice Period Question

Options
  • 17-10-2014 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Apologies for possibly really silly question but I find these things outside my comprehension sometimes. :/ I am just wondering does it matter which week you give your Landlord Notice so long as it's the required amount of time or does it have to be when your Rent would be due...... What I mean is, I'm required to give 2 weeks Notice here, - next Month's Rent is due this day week, if I gave her 2 Week's Notice Today that I would be moving out in 2 week's time on Friday October 31st am I doing that right?!? :confused: Next week is already paid for like, soooo I think that would mean I'd just have to pay for the following week then, ie: the last week before I move. I'd still be giving the required Notification time by notifying today but not sure if that is the right way??

Or, do I have to wait until this coming Friday when the Rent is due and then notify of moving out which would be November 07th. But that would be 3 weeks away though and only 2 is needed. I am all confuzzled now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

You can give notice whenever you want, it does not have to coincide with the day your rent is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

agree with the above - if you need to give 2 weeks notice and do so today and your rent is due in 1 weeks time you should just pay for 1 more week.

Advertisement