Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with found dog

• 17-10-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have posted everywhere I can think of, but no owner has come forward. Cant hang on to him much longer as I have 3 rescue dogs (with their own issues) and they are going mad. I really don't want to send him to pound - esp here in Kildare as they have a very high kill rate. Any advice would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Can u post a pic please?A load of dogs going missing/stolen. Have you contacted your local garda station your local spca to see if any one is missing it,contact Lors Lost Dogs on facebook,she will be able to guide you.if u post a pic,I can put it up on FB for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 celbo75

Thanks guys. I cant post a pic here as am a new user and it wont allows pics or links - he is on Lors Dogs, 4th post down (found in Celbridge). Have contacted gardai, local shelters & pounds but nothing so far. He is very friendly and vet thinks he is very healthy, so am hoping that he wasnt just dumped - he really seems to be missing somebody :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

celbo75 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. ...he really seems to be missing somebody :(

Somebody clearly isn't missing him... I mean, fair dues for taking him in... And kudos for all that you're doing for him, but it flucking maddens me to hear of dogs with no collars, no tags and not chipped (assuming vet visit means there's none).

There's just no excuse for the numbers of dogs in pounds and rescues, unable to be reunited. No excuse!!!

And to make matters worse, Halloween is only around the corner. More scared dogs escaping.

Brutus back with his owner tonight x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

celbo75 wrote: »
    Brutus back with his owner tonight x

Great news OP!
    How did you find his owners? Or did they find you?:)

They found me :) via ad on lostandfound pets - had facebook swamped but they dont have fb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

well done!
    great news!
    MAJOR brownie points for you :)

Advertisement