Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lightning connector on iPhone 6

• 17-10-2014 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Has anyone with the iPhone 6 had any issues with the lightning connector, mine keeps connecting/disconnecting when i move my phone when its connected to my macbook. So if I move the iPhone it opens iTunes and iPhoto again and starts to sync all over again. I've tried a couple of different lightning cables and it happens when plugged in the wall charger too, (makes the charging noise if moved).

I think the lightning connector on my phone may be dodgy, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Far more likely to be the cable than the connector on the phone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I have contacted apple by chat, they are sending me the parcel to send it away, i have tried different cables, it happens with a different cable i use at work, its annoying when it keeps restarting iTunes and iPhoto if i move my phone,

thanks everybody, I'll let you know how i get on...

I just blew out the connector slot, this seems to have fixed it, i'll keep an eye on it over the next couple of days, how would a bit of dust cause this problem, would it be enough to break the connection to the cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

Kagawa wrote: »
    I have contacted apple by chat, they are sending me the parcel to send it away, i have tried different cables, it happens with a different cable i use at work, its annoying when it keeps restarting iTunes and iPhoto if i move my phone,

thanks everybody, I'll let you know how i get on...

I just blew out the connector slot, this seems to have fixed it, i'll keep an eye on it over the next couple of days, how would a bit of dust cause this problem, would it be enough to break the connection to the cable?

Yes i had the same problem i send the phone back to apple and they send it back again saying there was no problem. Then i seen something in the slot used a paper clip and removed some fluf and the phone was perfect then.

• Advertisement

How come apple didn't find something in there, I would of thought that would of been part of the diagnostic checks, strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Kagawa wrote: »
    How come apple didn't find something in there, I would of thought that would of been part of the diagnostic checks, strange

Do you really think they diagnostically check every single phone they make?

I can't see it as they sell millions.

Also,sometimes things just go wrong. That's life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Also who are you to say the lint - if there is some there - hasn't come from yourself and not Apple?

Also who are you to say the lint - if there is some there - hasn't come from yourself and not Apple?

I meant when he sent the phone back, I know that they don't check each phone but when you send something back with a problem with that area that they would check for just that kind of thing

Advertisement