Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ft order of 40 odd euro will it get stopped by customs??

Options
  • 17-10-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

As above I ordered 40 odd quid of stuff from fast tech and now from reading a thread I see that some people's packages get stopped. Any idea if this is common and also how much customs will charge me if they do? Order hasnt shipped yet so should I cancel it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭emmisaro

emmisaro wrote: »
    As above I ordered 40 odd quid of stuff from fast tech and now from reading a thread I see that some people's packages get stopped. Any idea if this is common and also how much customs will charge me if they do? Order hasnt shipped yet so should I cancel it?

Ok I panicked and cancelled the whole lot !

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Just split the next order in 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I have ordered 80€ of stuff & no problems with Customs,they are only interested in electrical or electronic stuff,as Tickityboo says,split up your order,I normally order up to 10 or 20€ but sometimes more on one item,also keep the items that says ships next day & in stock together,the items that take 3,5 or 7 business days to ship,keep these separate from eachother,doing all this sometimes improves the shipping time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

I have ordered 80€ of stuff & no problems with Customs,they are only interested in electrical or electronic stuff,as Tickityboo says,split up your order,I normally order up to 10 or 20€ but sometimes more on one item,also keep the items that says ships next day & in stock together,the items that take 3,5 or 7 business days to ship,keep these separate from eachother,doing all this sometimes improves the shipping time.
    By law, everything over €22 should be taxed and customs duty applies to goods over€150.
    22 includes postage, but not everything is stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I have lost count of how many orders i have had from china now, everything from liters of nicotine , even 990mg nicotine etc by all manner of delivery and not one has ever been pulled touch wood

Thanks I panicked when I saw people had been charged. I'll order from them soon and try to break it down

Thanks I panicked when I saw people had been charged. I'll order from them soon and try to break it down

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I just looked at my order from FT and they really are sneaky little bastards!

* Ticked gift instead of commercial item.
    * Put value of $5.31 instead of $47.00.
    * Put 'electrical component' as contents.

Brilliant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Dont get me wrong , i try to keep orders as close to the 22 euro limit , free/cheap shipping is a life saver but very few seem to get pulled , fingers crossed your parcel sails through , just keep them low if you can , and if you cant its well worth the risk

• Advertisement
Advertisement