Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Irish buying property - need advice

Options
  • 17-10-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

I need advices from everyone. Me and my husband sale agreed on an apartment on the Northside of Dublin and today I received call from EA that the bank has agreed to release the property deeds! which is a good news. We waited for 82 days.

The property we're buying is in negative equity. We are buying with cash and owner of the property will be under my husband's name, who is an Italian citizen.

Can anyone advice on the revenue aspect of purchasing property for a person who does not have any tax record in Ireland as he does not receive income from Ireland? He's got PPS number, but do we need to submit any application form to revenue?

Another one, I am renting at the moment in Dublin city, can anyone advice how soon/late I should serve my 1-month notice to the renting agency to move into the new place?

Thanks a mil...

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

kellyin wrote: »
    Hi all,

I need advices from everyone. Me and my husband sale agreed on an apartment on the Northside of Dublin and today I received call from EA that the bank has agreed to release the property deeds! which is a good news. We waited for 82 days.

The property we're buying is in negative equity. We are buying with cash and owner of the property will be under my husband's name, who is an Italian citizen.

Can anyone advice on the revenue aspect of purchasing property for a person who does not have any tax record in Ireland as he does not receive income from Ireland? He's got PPS number, but do we need to submit any application form to revenue?

Another one, I am renting at the moment in Dublin city, can anyone advice how soon/late I should serve my 1-month notice to the renting agency to move into the new place?

Thanks a mil...

Regards
    Do you have a solicitor to handle conveyancing, if so he should handle stamp duty

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kellyin

Ahh okay so the 1% stamp duty will go to the revenue which will be handled by solicitor then.
    so yes, our solicitor is ready and contacted the vendor's solicitor for draft contract.
    thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kellyin wrote: »
    can anyone advice how soon/late I should serve my 1-month notice to the renting agency to move into the new place?
    When you get the keys and move in, you give the months notice.

Until then, unexpected delays can happen, and if they do and you have given your months notice, you may find yourself in a tough situation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

As the_syco says, better to pay an extra month for security rather than being putvout on the street a week early

Advertisement