Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QPR vs Liverpool - 19 Oct 13:30 - SS1

• 17-10-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

cW6rKJNI.jpeg vs Grad_LFC_Crest_twitter_400x400.jpg

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2014-2015/epl.match-preview.html/qpr-vs-liverpool
    Brendan Rodgers will be hoping Liverpool can record their back-to-back victories in the Barclays Premier League when they travel to Queens Park Rangers on Sunday.
    The Merseyside club beat West Brom before the international break and they will be eager to build on that against bottom side Rangers at Loftus Road. Rodgers knows there is more to come from his new-look side, who sit ninth in the table after winning only three of their first seven top-flight games.
    "I'm quite relaxed on it all and we will look at it after 10 games to see how we're set," he said. "There's no crisis - we lost a world-class player [Luis Suarez to Barcelona] and brought a number in.
    "The players here are magnificent and the attitude and effort they show gives me the hope we can push on.
    “At this point in time, it's just about looking at our performance level and looking to improve that. We know we'll get better as the season goes on.”
    Rodgers was pleased with the return from injury of Adam Lallana, who scored his first goal for the club in the win over West Brom, and believes the midfielder is getting to closer to the form that Liverpool signed him from Southampton for.
    “His fitness is growing all the time,” Rodgers said. “I see him in training and he's showing real signs of getting back to the top of his game. He's going to be an exceptional player for us and he will get better as the season goes on."
    Rodgers will assess the fitness of striker Daniel Sturridge, who has not featured for Liverpool since August after suffering a thigh injury on international duty. Dejan Lovren (abdominal) and Mamadou Sakho (thigh) are concerns in defence, although the Croat is thought to have a better chance of returning from the issue picked up on international duty. Midfielders Emre Can (ankle) and Joe Allen (knee) are set to return to the squad.
    QPR manager Harry Redknapp has dismissed talk of him being under pressure after the London club's struggling start to the season. A defiant Redknapp said he needed no assurances over his future from chairman Tony Fernandes and is backing his side to turn the corner.
    "It was never going to be easy this season," he said. "There's been a big upheaval. The lads haven't hit the ground running.
    "Our best players haven't been fit. There's still so much time left this season. There's still so many games to play. I'm confident we'll be fine.
    “I'm not feeling under pressure. I'm just looking forward to the game on Sunday against a big club.”
    Midfield duo Joey Barton and Jordon Mutch will play no part against Liverpool due to hamstring injuries, but Nico Kranjcar is expected to feature despite suffering a broken toe. Chilean pair Eduardo Vargas and Mauricio Isla will be assessed after returning from international duty, but Redknapp expects both players to be available for selection.
    QPR (from): Green, McCarthy, Murphy, Caulker, Dunne, Ehmer, Ferdinand, Hill, Isla, Onuoha, Traore, Yun, Fer, Henry, Hoilett, Kranjcar, Phillips, Sandro, Wright-Phillips, Austin, Taarabt, Vargas, Zamora.
    Liverpool (from): Jones, Mignolet,  Johnson, Jose Enrique, Lovren, Manquillo, Moreno, Skrtel, Toure, Allen, Can, Coutinho, Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Lucas, Markovic, Suso, Balotelli, Borini, Lambert, Sterling, Sturridge.
    Match Appointments
    Referee:
    Phil Dowd Assistants: S Ledger, R West Fourth Official: N Swarbrick

Liverpool to win in a fairly clumsy display.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

0-3 Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

PAGING EL WEIRDO....PAGING EL WEIRDO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We've been so sh!te, sooner or later we're going to respond and this looks as good as game as any. 3-1 Liverpool with Balotelli getting two and Skrtel the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ffs even united hammered this lot. Nothing but a convincing win for me, hoping Danny makes his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Why are liverpool playing this on the Sunday when they have Champions League midweek against Real Madrid??

Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal all on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Qpr to get a result.

They are woeful, and pool should beat them handily. So they wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Has to be a Liverpool win. If they don't keep a clean sheet against QPR...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If Sturridge isn't fit I could see qpr getting a result.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Rio with a hat trick. QPR 6-3 Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

If Sturridge isn't fit I could see qpr getting a result.

Reports he's broken down in training and is out for another month!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why are liverpool playing this on the Sunday when they have Champions League midweek against Real Madrid??

Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal all on Saturday.

Teams very often play on Sunday and Wednesday. The day less rest won't be the reason we get hammered vs Real if we do though.

On this game I'm far less confident than I should be considering how bad QPR have looked so far.

Sturridge out. Pile on QPR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

No Sturridge,Balo up front by him self can only see a score less draw at best :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

QPR will be too busy on the twitter machine, writing informative newspaper lines and putting their mugs on the TV, so can only see a Liverpool win.

Borini to score and Balotelli also.

Markovic to have an absolute stormer of a display (sooner or later he will).

Season begins again on Sunday and we will be singing we are liverpool in our hearts afterwards with stars in our eyes and cans in our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

1-3

Liverpool should and will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

2-1 LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

5-0 LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

if we don't beat QPR if fear for us big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Gerard Henderson Coutinho
    Lalanna Balotelli Sterling(up front)

Have sterling as a front man and we will be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Did Markovic get injured playing during the international break??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Gerard Henderson Coutinho
    Lalanna Balotelli Sterling(up front)

Have sterling as a front man and we will be alright

Switch Coithinho and Lallana I'd say would be closer to a potential line up.

Although it would be good to see Moreno and Lallana linking up on the left. Thought they complimented each other very well V West Brom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

delw wrote: »
    No Sturridge,Balo up front by him self can only see a score less draw at best :(

Save that comment for Wednesday, it's QPf*ckingR, how could a scoreless draw be the best you could hope for?
    Comfortable away win, QPR are awful...really, really awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

As much as it would amuse me to see the Rodgers and Liverpool meltdown should they lose I think it's a bit silly thinking QPR could beat them considering how bad they have been/are

A Liverpool win by one or two goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Balotelli needs to step up to the plate today and deliver for us, which I think he will :)
    2-0 pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'd be surprised with a clean sheet .... QPR 1-2 Liverpool ... with plenty of hearts in mouths moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

turtle.gif

Even though QPR are awful I'll still be watching like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Balotelli to get a hattrick today, you heard it hear first. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I know many dont rate him ( borini) but i think borini would be a good foil for balo
    Balo on his own is toooo static while borini puts himself about and can shoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Any early team news? Heading out and wont be back til 2 so will miss the start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

No excuses please, we have to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Expect QPR to get at least a draw.

Hopefully Liverpool won't be already thinking about Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Liverpool v QPR: Mignolet, Johnson, Loveren, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Hendo, Sterling, Lallana, Can, Balotelli

Hopefully Balotelli doesn't become too isolated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

retalivity wrote: »
    Any early team news? Heading out and wont be back til 2 so will miss the start

Sterling starts.

as does Can.

Johnson starts.

Allen on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Plain as day Balotelli is useless as a lone striker yet Rodgers insists on using this formation.

I'll take a draw now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Assuming we'll be sticking to the 4231, it'll be interesting to see either Henderson or Gerrard playing in the 10, closer to Balotelli. Very excited to see Can start too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Liverpool v QPR: Mignolet, Johnson, Toure, Skrtel, Moreno, Gerrard, Hendo, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Balotelli

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That is a terrible starting 11.

This is the starting 11, and its a bit better! :p

B0TncaWIAAAOnCJ.jpg

QPR

McCarthy; Isla, Onuoha, Dunne, Caulker, Suk-young; Sandro, Fer, Henry; Austin, Zamora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

kfallon wrote: »
    :confused:
    B0ToCOcIUAAkt6r.jpg:large

Is that better:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That is a terrible starting 11.

Surely it's better than QPR's 11?

Liverpool need to get things going today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Glen Johnson back in the team. Surprised at that decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

B0TncaWIAAAOnCJ.jpg

B0TnyKUCQAIO0mI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

What's the story with Moreno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Where does Gerrard play. That'll be interesting.

Hopefully it's Gerrard playing further forward with Allen coming on for him around the 65 mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

QPR starting XI: McCarthy, Isla, Onuoha, Dunne, Caulker, Suk-Young, Henry, Fer, Sandro, Austin, Zamora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Had to take a second glance at Henry in that picture above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Henderson is wasted if he is playing deep.

Watch McCarthy deny us of anything again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mosstin wrote: »
    What's the story with Moreno?

Keeping him to run with who plays out right for Real on Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

mav79 wrote: »
    Henderson is wasted if he is playing deep.
    Can and Gerrard will be playing deeper roles, so I would expect Henderson to get licence to be more advanced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement