Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QPR vs Liverpool - 19 Oct 13:30 - SS1

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Knew liverpool would get the 3 points but didn't think they would look as bad doing so

When Rodgers had his meltdown last year after the Chelsea game he said anyone can set up a team to defend like them, yet he has one of the worst defences in the league after spending massive money
    CSF wrote: »
    In the interest of balance I do need to point out that United have a VERY similar goals conceded per game ratio despite having only played 2 teams from the current top 12 in the table, and only 2 teams from last season's top 12 (only 1 from last season's top 10).

Both of these posts are correct though!

Its as if they just don't bother with any defending coaching at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Both of these posts are correct though!

Its as if they just don't bother with any defending coaching at all.
    Why were Moreno and Manquillo not playing? Real? I do think both of them are a big step up from Johnson and Enrique.

Yep both were being held back for a game LFC have no chance of winning! Its a bit odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yep both were being held back for a game LFC have no chance of winning! Its a bit odd.
    Liverpool badly need some sort of result out of that game, so I can see why he went that way to an extent. If you think Liverpool have no chance of getting a result than there is hundreds of euros to be made on Real at 4/5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Why were Moreno and Manquillo not playing? Real? I do think both of them are a big step up from Johnson and Enrique.

I used to love Enrique, and he was great, but he's made glaring errors in every game he's played this season.

Liverpool badly need some sort of result out of that game, so I can see why he went that way to an extent. If you think Liverpool have no chance of getting a result than there is hundreds of euros to be made on Real at 4/5.

I know the pricing of that game is based on reputation not form or even who will be fit to play (ie no Studge). I'm thinking of going big on -1 at HT for Real at 5/1! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

In the interest of balance I do need to point out that United have a VERY similar goals conceded per game ratio despite having only played 2 teams from the current top 12 in the table, and only 2 teams from last season's top 12 (only 1 from last season's top 10).

United lost 3 of their starting back 4 in the summer and have had fairly mediocre centre backs (so far in their career) getting injured and playing games randomly without a real run to gain any confidence, not to mention the new formations

I think it's a bit different to Rodgers who has had over 2 full seasons now to create a decent defence with a lot of money and has seemingly failed to do so despite him discrediting Mourinho by saying it's an easy thing to do :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What balance? He made a comment about Liverpool's defence and Brendan Rodgers, what have United's defence got to do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I know the pricing of that game is based on reputation not form or even who will be fit to play (ie no Studge). I'm thinking of going big on -1 at HT for Real at 5/1! :D

It's not based off anything but who the bookies think most likely to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What balance? He made a comment about Liverpool's defence and Brendan Rodgers, what have United's defence got to do with it?

Both teams are challenging for similar positions this year I would think so it's perfectly reasonable to compare both teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rodgers had a meltdown last year did he?? LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I remember the days not that long ago that liverpool would play teams off the field, hit the post and crossbar 4 times and draw 1-1 or lose the game. Rodgers does seen like a lucky manager as well a very good manager.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Both teams are challenging for similar positions this year I would think so it's perfectly reasonable to compare both teams.

Meh, don't see what United's defence has to do with what Rayne said.

I don't see you giving out about him mentioning Chelsea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I did some shouting at the tv earlier today.

Mignolet did a good job for most of the game.

The more I see Balotelli play the more I hate him he annoys me so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

MagicIRL wrote: »
    hahahahahahaha quality commentating
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol balo
    oh my ****ing days
    Omg lol
    Christ almighty
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    Unbelievable!! :D
    Get out of jail card unreal stuff

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be fair three points are three points at the end of the day, but you barely eeked out a win against a QPR side that many Liverpool fans spent most of the last 6 weeks or so trying to talk down as incredibly awful at every opportunity, and you needed 2 OGs and a deflection to do it. I wouldn't be bragging. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

mada999 wrote: »
    Coutinho made huge difference since he came on, actually took players on....
    Said it weeks ago. He needs to be starting for you. Too good to be on the bench .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

K4t wrote: »
    Said it weeks ago. He needs to be starting for you. Too good to be on the bench .

I'd agree with that.
    He looked like he made the difference after coming on, he might of been late back after the internationals, plus the fact that Lalanna has been good in his last couple of appearances. Its just trying to fit him, Lalanna and Sterling in the same system.

Its probably why Rodgers keeps going with Mario up top on his own because he's so many attacking midfielders too choose from.

What exactly are you trying to do there? Just gathering up a few random posts from opposition fans?
    Weird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What exactly are you trying to do there? Just gathering up a few random posts from opposition fans?
    Weird...

Its ok I'm sure none of the white knights will be in the United match thread tomorrow with inflammatory comments.

'We're just watching Wisdom on loan'. 'United fans do it in our threads'. Etc. etc.

Liam O wrote: »
    Its ok I'm sure none of the white knights will be in the United match thread tomorrow with inflammatory comments.

'We're just watching Wisdom on loan'. 'United fans do it in our threads'. Etc. etc.

I've no problem with anyone gathering a body of posts to prove something or whatever, even gathering all the posts that laughed at 2-2, me included... but just picking random posts commenting on different incidents is a bit odd.
    It basically boils down to nothing more than this - "Look, United fans posted here but Liverpool won"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Liam O wrote: »

Utd fans post in Liverpool match thread when Liverpool are conceding for fun. Lols the order of the posts.
    If West Brom look like getting a result tonight expect Liverpool fans to do the exact same in the Utd thread.

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

K4t wrote: »

He started the first few games and was poor. It's going to make more than a good impact performance against QPR to earn back his place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've no problem with anyone gathering a body of posts to prove something or whatever, even gathering all the posts that laughed at 2-2, me included... but just picking random posts commenting on different incidents is a bit odd.
    It basically boils down to nothing more than this - "Look, United fans posted here but Liverpool won"

The odd thing is when the shoe is on the other foot you will make no comment on it. So in reality you don't find it odd at all which is what's probably the oddest thing of all.

The odd thing is when the shoe is on the other foot you will make no comment on it. So in reality you don't find it odd at all which is what's probably the oddest thing of all.

What are you on about? I've never seen anybody gather up a load of random posts like that with no purpose attached to it. Those posts were chosen by username, he probably doesn't even know what some of them are referring to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

he probably doesn't even know what some of them are referring to...

Clearly not, since the first quoted post (mine) is referring to the little girl squeal that yer man commentating let out when Balotelli missed one of his chances.

But I'm a United fan, so I must be the devil!

Clearly not, since the first quoted post (mine) is referring to the little girl squeal that yer man commentating let out when Balotelli missed one of his chances.

But I'm a United fan, so I must be the devil!

And mine was about QPR's inability to defend the winning goal but yeah, I'm a United fan too so...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Oh yay soccer forum willy waving, of sorts, between utd and lfc fans.

I don't care if utd fans post in lfc threads or vice versa. It's a forum. What I don't understand is the upset it seems to cause some people when the opposition fans do it. Clearly 1 or 2 fans here don't like that some of you utd fans have been in lolling. I understand. The performance from LFC today was beyond pathetic. However even you lads will admit, should some LFC fans go into the utd match thread, there will be similar enough things said about it as well by some UTD fans.

Best thing to do is either enjoy the banter or ignore. Unless it's obvious baiting / trolling then just report them and let the mods deal with it.

• Advertisement

Complaining that someone has called out your LOL post is the best thing I've read on here in years. Real schoolboy stuff! You'd swear a LOL post added a lot!

It's a bit of crack lads. Men in their 30s complaining about such need to seriously step away from the Internet! Imagine a work colleague slagging you at work and then running to your manager?

If you can give a slagging and digs you should be able to take it. We all know one person(in real life) that can give plenty of slagging but cannot take it for a second. I know a few. Usually they are the only ones I target :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

rarnes1 wrote: »

It's a bit of crack lads. Men in their 30s complaining about such need to seriously step away from the Internet! Imagine a work colleague slagging you at work and then running to your manager?

A man in his 30s partaking in any kind of fanboy point scoring game on here should really take a step back and examine their lives at this point. You occasionally come across some of the main offenders in other forums posting about the 80s or their kids etc, and its like "Christ they're not just bored college kids"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It was actually very difficult to pick who was lolling or wohooing or yesssssing at which incident in the last 8 minutes of that game, far too much going on in too short a time. Great fun.

Advertisement