Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Cheltenham / Ascot

Options
  • 17-10-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Lets get the ball rolling.

Really fancy Gordon Lord Byron at Ascot. Everything in his favour, including jockey. Serious chance.

Might give Chiqcuita a chance to bounce back in the fillies race, no idea why they ran her in the Arc, maybe it was to bring her fitness on for this!! Forget that run and she has a big chance, as does Seal of Approval.

Hard to oppose CDA in the Champion.

Over at Cheltenham i like:
    In the Rough in the first will take some stopping. The Nicholls horse making him a decent price.

Calipto should have the beating of this lot, esp getting weight from Tiger Roll. Though Elliotts horses are flying.

And gonna chance the hobbs second string Roalco Des Farges . Plenty of ability but worried he might need the run so i'll wait till close the off and see how he fares in the betting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

baccarat @ 20/1 looks a great e/w bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Heavy ground might produce a few shocks at ascot and it is bit early in the season for getting stuck in at chel with many form choices out for the first time and fitness has to be taken on trust.
    I am backing Estimate ew in the 1 45 and Noble Mission ew in the 4 05 Ascot,2 ew singles and an ew double.
    Both go on the ground and may be capable of causing a minor upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Good man Slattsy. Kicking us into debate. Tough week in the office. Shaking it off with a few pints and cocktails. Time to make a few quid. No interest in Ascot. I said it yesterday. Ground gone and late season is punters graveyard. Cheltenham on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Ya Newmarket yesterday was a minefield. Don't think any of those winners will go near to winning a classic next year. Conditions even worse today but its hard to not get involved! I like Chicquita aswell today and Integral must have a big chance.Both older horses but both lightly raced career wise and could still be progressive

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Im surprised Weld is running Free Eagle, really thought he's be pulled.
    He might just win this.

• Advertisement

Some great racing at Cheltenham, disappointing c4 are not showing any live.they could of easily fitted in a couple between ascot races.anyway, calipto for me to turn over tiger roll,very unlucky in the triumph and a lump job today. Apart from an e/w on baccarat at ascot,I will be leaving it alone,though looking forward to watching.

Another lump job is the mighty hammers away to Burnley @ 13/8.

Is Cheltenhqm not live on de telly??

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is Cheltenhqm not live on de telly??

Don't think so,c4 just doing 6 live races from ascot.i will have to watch Cheltenham and catterick on ruk on my trusty tablet.

balls

Impressive enough. LL no good on that ground.

• Advertisement

Impressive enough. LL no good on that ground.

Yeah was impressive but I wouldn't be rushing to back it for next years gold cup,horse is very ground Dependant and the chances are against him getting soft for next years gold cup.

I concur. Weld running Free Eagle.

BOOM GLB :D
    What a ride.

Great ride!! Well done Slattsy

And In the Rough won at Cheltenham at 9 to ****ing 4 lol BOOM again

And In the Rough won at Cheltenham at 9 to ****ing 4 lol BOOM again

Well done me ol mucker!

All the money for Seal of Approval here. Went for Chicquita, who's on a serious drift.
    Looks like i went for the wrong one!!

WTF happened there :(

That was shocking, looked to be going really well. Thank f^ck she held on for the place!

Good looking finale at Cheltenham. Going for How about it ew 4/1. Curtis won this last year with a decent one. Fav too short imo.

• Advertisement

If she stayed straight she wins, gutted :(

She's done it before, headcase lol

STD done again close home :(
    Getting his fractions all wrong.

She's done it before, headcase lol

Jesus she sold for 6M after doing that??

Its laughable how bad STD is

She could well be a decent mare though, 6 million to coolmore is peanuts!

Today could have been a great day. On another day both Calipto and Chicquita would have one, small details.

Backed Roalco De Faeges, got 12s. backed in.

BOOM :D

Lets get the ball rolling.

Really fancy Gordon Lord Byron at Ascot. Everything in his favour, including jockey. Serious chance.

Might give Chiqcuita a chance to bounce back in the fillies race, no idea why they ran her in the Arc, maybe it was to bring her fitness on for this!! Forget that run and she has a big chance, as does Seal of Approval.

Hard to oppose CDA in the Champion.

Over at Cheltenham i like:
    In the Rough in the first will take some stopping. The Nicholls horse making him a decent price.

Calipto should have the beating of this lot, esp getting weight from Tiger Roll. Though Elliotts horses are flying.

And gonna chance the hobbs second string Roalco Des Farges . Plenty of ability but worried he might need the run so i'll wait till close the off and see how he fares in the betting.

Jaysis lads 3/5 won, and the other 2 you could call unlucky... could have been some day, but i wont turm my nose up at 11/2, 9/4 and 12/1 winners.

You want to win money, this is the place to be! :P

Some shooting tex

• Advertisement

small bet on ROTW here.

Advertisement