Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemoving upheaval for golden retriever

• 17-10-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi guys,
    I'm living in between houses at the minute and my poor dogs not the best for it! He's been living in our previous house since he was a pup and he's 9 now.
    We've just sold our house and bought a house in the country that needs renovation before we can live in it.
    We're staying with my mum at the moment which is such a tight squeeze. Her garden and house is tiny and he's used to a large garden but not only that's she has a jack Russell bitch that hates him and snaps at him all the time. He is terrified and looks so unhappy. What can I do to make his life a little easier. Hes afraid to come inside because the other dog is always around.
    It's so hard trying to make sure everyone is happy. We have two kids who are upset too!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Would your mum be prepared to have her little dog in a crate or somesuch so that your dog can feel a little safer in the house?
    There are some things you could do training-wise with her, but you'd have to be fairly sure of the reasons why she's having a go at him? Is she confident and brazen about it? Or does she hide from him and run out to snap at him if he comes too close?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shanry

No, she's very brazen about it. It's her home and she's letting him know in no uncertain terms!

Advertisement