Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 download problem

• 17-10-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hello.

Every time I download software onto C Drive, windows says it's "unable to find named software".
    Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Try changing the directory that downloads go to and see if you can access them there

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭65535

What browser you use could determine where the downloads are stored.
    If its chrome go into settings and in the advanced settings you will see where that browser stores its downloads.
    It is not always the default downloads folder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭shortlegs

Thanks for the replies, but what I'm finding with this task and something else that I'm trying to do is that the Administrator is a problem.

So, I logged in as Admin but Windows won't let me - saying this profile logon failed - User Profile not allowed. (Password is correct)

I wonder what's going on?

The Admin account could be 'broken', files missing for it.
    You might have to re-create it or fix it.
    However you should still be able to download and find files.
    What browser are you using ?

I'm using Google Chrome.

But how can I recreate/fix Admin acc, when I have to be able to access it first in order to fix it?

• Advertisement

Well your original problem states that every time you download software you are unable to find it.
    Because you are using Chrome go into the settings (3 horizontal bars top right hand side)
    In that menu click on 'settings'
    Then scroll to the bottom and click on 'show advanced settings'
    Scroll down again to 'Downloads'
    The current download location is shown there and you can change it if required.

Also in Chrome you can just click on the 3 horizontal bars for settings and in that menu again is 'Downloads'
    You can click on 'open downloads folder' from there.

As for the Admin account I don't know your situation fully to help you with that.
    You could try a restore to an earlier time when that account was working.
    Maybe your own account has admin rights already?

so, I have decided to restore to an earlier time, but how can I do this without Admin access?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Can you go into the bios/cmos settings and press f2 or whatever the key is for your system make/model at startup and reset the bios to default and then try your system again.

What is the make and model of your system ?.

Or just put in your windows 7 operating disc, then left click my computer, then right click Local disc C, then click properties down the bottom, then click 'TOOLS' on the top tab and click Check now - Check drive for errors and the check-box that says automatically fix file system errors. it will take affect when you restart the computer.

It might fix your problem.

Advertisement