Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GGG vs Marco Antonio Rubio

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭megadodge

Forgot to mention - it was nice to see classy respectful interviews from Walters, Donaire and Golovkin. Such a change from the usual sh*te we have to put up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Donaire and Walters' interviews were a credit to them and the sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

It's an awful pity that Dmitry Pirog couldn't stay fit, could have posed a threat to GGG. It would have been an intriguing fight either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

pac_man wrote: »
    I find the Golovkin interviews cringy. His english isn't the best and it's like he's answered questions from a phrasebook.But at least he's making an effort and try to connect with fans. I've a growing disliking towards Max Kellerman, thought he was fairly disrespectful to Donaire after the fight.

I know where you're coming from as regards GGG. He's so stiff and robotic in interviews. Bit like his boxing style;)

But that's because his English is so limited.
    You can tell he's a decent fella and not into spouting endless sh!te.
    That other stuff is just sooooooooooooooo boring.

qwabercd wrote: »
    It's an awful pity that Dmitry Pirog couldn't stay fit, could have posed a threat to GGG. It would have been an intriguing fight either way.

Completely forgot about him, he has been so inactive.
    He certainly would be a test if he stayed active and fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

pac_man wrote: »
    I find the Golovkin interviews cringy. His english isn't the best and it's like he's answered questions from a phrasebook.But at least he's making an effort and try to connect with fans. I've a growing disliking towards Max Kellerman, thought he was fairly disrespectful to Donaire after the fight.

It's helped massively with his promotion this though. Even the manner in which his 'good boy' comment became a catchphrase shows how effective even broken english is for connecting with the fans.

Agree on Kellerman. His lack of respect for the beaten fighter in the post-fight interviews infuriates me. He gets paid off the back of their work, someone needs to remind him of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

megadodge wrote: »
    Completely forgot about him, he has been so inactive.
    He certainly would be a test if he stayed active and fit.

Yeah he's had bad problems with the back, hard to see him making a proper return as he's not young.

Advertisement