Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing Surface Piercing

• 17-10-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I just got a new surface piercing on the side of my face (anti-treagus, curved 16g barbell, not a dermal) and it seems to be pretty swollen still after about a week. My question is, the skin around the balls seems to be surrounding the jewelry, like my skin is swallowing it up, is this normal? It's been 6 days today. And I don't want the sling to completely surround it, any suggestions? I'm definitely not ready to ditch it.

Ps I use salt water soaks or antibacterial hand soap in the shower to wash it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Kgood913 wrote: »
    Hi, I just got a new surface piercing on the side of my face (anti-treagus, curved 16g barbell, not a dermal) and it seems to be pretty swollen still after about a week. My question is, the skin around the balls seems to be surrounding the jewelry, like my skin is swallowing it up, is this normal? It's been 6 days today. And I don't want the sling to completely surround it, any suggestions? I'm definitely not ready to ditch it.

Ps I use salt water soaks or antibacterial hand soap in the shower to wash it.

Go see your piercer. But if your piercer used a curved barbell in a surface piercing instead of a staple bar I would recommend going to see a different piercer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kgood913

Adiboo wrote: »
    Go see your piercer. But if your piercer used a curved barbell in a surface piercing instead of a staple bar I would recommend going to see a different piercer.

It's like an anti eyebrow, staple bars are not used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Kgood913 wrote: »
    It's like an anti eyebrow, staple bars are not used.

Nope, staple bars should be used in all surface piercings, even surface tragus'.

kef7ls.jpg

Anyway, go see your piercer because without seeing it you won't get the advice you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It sounds like it could be infected or rejecting, I would second the suggestion to get a different piercer to take a look at it.

Also, this is an anti-tragus piercing?
    52c67f520cc94cc06faf25b9460474e9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭jeanrose770

Maybe you need a longer bar or piercing? Move it around a bit more to keep the skin from covering the end. No hydrogen peroxide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement