Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The VICE Challenge - enter if you dare!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Oh thank god! Even I wont travel that far for cakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I should hope so, it's only 12:20!!! who eats junk before lunch?! :eek:

Emmmmm!!!

Went in for a coffee 3 weeks ago and they had a "Yesterday's Bake 1/2 price"

I justified a slice of pavalova as pavalova = eggs = breakfast.

(it was 9:15 am :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well myself and my OH are trying to cut out chocolate, biscuits and cakes until mid-November anyway, and possibly kicking the drink for November...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Obviously I'm in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

I average 18-21 cans or bottles of liquid sugar a week (Lucozade,Coke ,Mtn Dew) Am heading straight for Type 2 diabetes. Im in starting now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I average 18-21 cans or bottles of liquid sugar a week (Lucozade,Coke ,Mtn Dew) Am heading straight for Type 2 diabetes. Im in starting now.

Jesus bloody christ!!! :eek:

At the risk of making this too tough, I reckon you need to be banned from sugar free fizz too. Aspartame is bad too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I'm in for crisps. I'll polish off a 6 pack in a single sitting. Recently ate 12 bags in one day (Hula Hoop multi pack with some Chicattees, Wheelies and Snax). Those big bags of Gluten Free crisps (O'Donnells, Tayto and Keoghs) don't last 10mins either.

^^^^my soulmate.

Did we nail down exactly how the penalty system works? And I may need someone to quantify kcals as approximate handfuls when it comes to crisps. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

OK folks: good luck and be honest. You are doing this for the right reasons so confess if you had a weak moment and gave in.

Caz just made tea and opened a box of maltesers :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

OK folks: good luck and be honest. You are doing this for the right reasons so confess if you had a weak moment and gave in.

Caz just made tea and opened a box of maltesers :(

I don't know what maltesers are, but keep telling yourself that they'll look better on her than they will on you!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I don't know what maltesers are, but keep telling yourself that they'll look better on her than they will on you!

think milk duds, without the caramel

or whoppers actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Oryx wrote: »
    At the risk of making this too tough, I reckon you need to be banned from sugar free fizz too. Aspartame is bad too!

No fear there i hate the diet stuff. Here is to many headaches on the way as I don't like coffee

They are small honeycomb balls coated in chocolate that melt when you eat them. A fun game is seeing how many you can fit in your mouth at one time*

*behave.

The penalty system

Circuits option

Per 100 calories (or part thereof) over your 500 allowance

1st offence
    20 reps of the following exercises
    Lunges
    Squat jumps
    Burpees
    Press ups
    Chin ups or Tricep dips

So 275 cals over = 3 sets of 20

2nd offence = 1 set of 30 reps per 100 cal over or part thereof
    3rd offence = 1 set of 40 per 100 etc
    4th = 1 set of 50 etc...

Or

Bike torture (Turbo only)

Per 100 cal over or part thereof

1st offence
    Your own warm up
    3x 30 sec Max gearing 120rpm & 10 squat jumps. So you burst straight into 120spm or as fast as you can spin your 53/12 or 50/11. Get off and do 10 squat jumps Immediately. Back on for another Max burst etc...
    Your own cool down

2nd offence = 4x40sec Max & 15 squat jumps
    3rd offence = 5x50sec & 20 squat jumps
    4th = 6x60sec & 25 etc...

So 275 cal over = 3x 3x30sec Max & 10 squat jumps or 9 total 30 Max efforts and 90 squat jumps. A 3rd offense of 700 cals of gluttony = 35 total 50sec sprints & 700 squat jumps

Caveat- advisable not to do squat jumps in bike shoes!!

Or

Run torture
    Minimum 15 min or 3km warm up

Per 100 cal over or part thereof

1st offence
    Find a hill that takes a minute to run up at pace
    3xhill & 10 squat jumps, jog down recovery, straight into next rep
    Your own cool down

2nd offence 4xhill &15 squat jumps
    3rd offence 5xhill & 20
    4th offence 6xhill & 25..etc...

Example a second offence penance on a 490 cal indulgence
    = 20 hills total and 300 squat jumps!

General rules
    Whether you opt for circuits, bike or running, there is no rest. You hurt, that's it!
    If you do circuits on 1st offence you cannot do bike 1 or run 1 on 2nd offernse

If you offend more than 4 times then you have endured pure torture alreasdy and are either a sadist or a cheat (cause you didn't pay the price)

These are the punishments. You can always wimp out now or after your first gorge, it doesn't matter. You are only kidding yourself.

Remember, before you take a bite/sip. You must pay for it in sweat and maybe tears.

Call it cleansing :)

So who is going to the post DCM piss up? I was going to bring cake...chocolate biscuit cake with malteasers no less...

I've two of these sitting in my desk drawer...71 calories each... :(

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/KinderSchokolade.jpg

I've two of these sitting in my desk drawer...71 calories each... :(

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/KinderSchokolade.jpg

In the desk is dangerous. 142 cals would leave you with a balance of 358 until Nov 19

Chocolate chip muffin sitting in front of me. No danger though, cravings have not kicked in. I'm guzzling pints of water and eating a few nuts or grapes when I pass through the kitchen.

Day one of no crisps or chocolate. I survived without resorting to duct taping my mouth. But it was close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

My day was going well, keeping it on a flatline all day, headed out for 90 mins on the bike in the pitch dark in the Phoenix park and somewhere along the trip developed a massive craving for nachos and wine so duly dropped into Dunnes for a last minute smash 'n grab and got my fix: 1 x KP chilli nachos, 1 x Montepulciano 750ml, 1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk 200g, 1 x Wine Gums 130g. 2600 kcals. I'm ready for my punishment - where's the whip??

I'm not in this challenge because of nights like this every 3 weeks or so.

Nurofen first thing in the morning and 3K in the pool will banish the memories :D

• Advertisement

MojoMaker wrote: »
    My day was going well, keeping it on a flatline all day, headed out for 90 mins on the bike in the pitch dark in the Phoenix park and somewhere along the trip developed a massive craving for nachos and wine so duly dropped into Dunnes for a last minute smash 'n grab and got my fix: 1 x KP chilli nachos, 1 x Montepulciano 750ml, 1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk 200g, 1 x Wine Gums 130g. 2600 kcals. I'm ready for my punishment - where's the whip??

Nurofen first thing in the morning and 3K in the pool will banish the memories :D
    That kind of a blowout would have you doing circuits non stop for a week. Youre in another league altogether.

MojoMaker wrote: »

This could almost be taken as trolling you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Day one of no crisps or chocolate. I survived without resorting to duct taping my mouth. But it was close.

Day one or day two?? I think this is day two, isn't it??

No matter....all good in the land of Dory. Not even a second look at the rather large Cadbury Milk Chocolate bars I've got begging to be opened and enjoyed. 29 more days, my darlings....29 more days. :)

29 more days, my darlings....29 more days. :)

...to the next phase of the VICE challenge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

The punishments should be swim related, everyone dreads swimming...

speedyj wrote: »
    The punishments should be swim related, everyone dreads swimming...
    I dread burpees more than hypoxic drills.

In the desk is dangerous. 142 cals would leave you with a balance of 358 until Nov 19

Gave them away to the lads to avoid temptation. Successful on the cans of coke front so far too!!

I've had to add jellies to my vice list as I went to dunnes at lunch on Monday and thought to myself ''I can't get chocolate I'll go get a gigantic bag of jellies instead''

No RQ. No. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There is a giant bag of chocolate at the end of my row of desks in work at the moment, we have someone over from Canada at the moment who came bearing gifts. It would be so easy to go and dip in... Be strong kirby, be strong...

I know some of you are really struggling with cravings, so I thought I would leave this here:

recipe-image-legacy-id--364184_10.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I know some of you are really struggling with cravings, so I thought I would leave this here:

recipe-image-legacy-id--364184_10.jpg

Just in from a run, thanks!! :D

empty-plate.jpg

Advertisement