Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The VICE Challenge - enter if you dare!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

If it's any consolation I feel really sh*t this morning :eek:

Need to find out why I had such compulsive cravings - salt levels dropping, sugar levels, higher than usual exercise loads?? I was feeling really cold yesterday all day, and on the bike last night was freezing even though it wasn't really that cold out (maybe 12C?). Hugged the space heater with the central heating on when I got home and still couldn't get warm.

Anyway, blowout for October done and dusted. 3 * -850 cal days over the next 9 days will sort out the injustice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Dreamt about cakes and pastries last night! :confused: But I didn't eat any!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Ahh sipping a hot chocolate and thanks to this challenge it tastes like a treat rather than a hot beverage I dunk biscuits in.

For the record. Approx 80 kcals counted towards my vice hence my balance is
    420 kcals

This isn't lent. Its about learning to enjoy your vice in moderation. It may seem weak to those going full abstinence but in the 3 days of this challenge I'd normally have consumed 1900 kcals or so of vice. So 80 kcals = moderation :)

Ahh sipping a hot chocolate and thanks to this challenge it tastes like a treat rather than a hot beverage I dunk biscuits in.

For the record. Approx 80 kcals counted towards my vice hence my balance is
    420 kcals

This isn't lent. Its about learning to enjoy your vice in moderation. It may seem weak to those going full abstinence but in the 3 days of this challenge I'd normally have consumed 1900 kcals or so of vice. So 80 kcals = moderation :)

Moderation. Not something all of us are good at.....hence, why I'll be practicing full abstinence. :o

By the way, what did you eat in 80 kcals?

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Moderation. Not something all of us are good at.....hence, why I'll be practicing full abstinence. :o

By the way, what did you eat in 80 kcals?
    See full abstinence is not a habit I can set. I enjoy my food too much. So Moderation it must be. When I go cold turkey for a while I usually go back on with a vengence. I do extremes usually.

80 kcals was approx 3 spoons of cadbury hot choc powder stirred into milk. Roughly 20g. At 400kcal per 100g, that's 80kcal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Day 4 no soda drinks...Have not missed them yet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Can of coke with my the lunchtime market. Wasn't worth losing 135(?) calories of the vice challenge!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

No crisps. No chocolate. No fizzy drinks either and they're not even banned.

#smug :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Total abstinence is the only way to go cold turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

I wish I had your discipline!! DD no wonder you look so fab (peek at the pics in an thread in A/R), Oryx, you do too....
    But, so far today, not bad!! Evening time at home it's the worse....and weekends too....

• Advertisement

Can of coke with my the lunchtime market. Wasn't worth losing 135(?) calories of the vice challenge!
    366 kcals away from a set of circuits...

Oh who is going to be the first to feel the hurt? It may even feel good to banish the guilt, feeling the kcals dripping from your forehead!

366 kcals away from a set of circuits...

Oh who is going to be the first to feel the hurt? It may even feel good to banish the guilt, feeling the kcals dripping from your forehead!

I think you're talking yourself into it. :)

AKW wrote: »
    Total abstinence is the only way to go cold turkey.

And...

Crumbled :(

End of a hectic week, house to myself, movie, fire and popcorn.

Advised I was over 500kcal, corrected when I said half packet, but damage done in for a penny in for a pound and all gone!!

I'm afraid to look at the punishment :(

2014-10-24.jpg

Ah yes approx 530 kcals

So for each 100 kcal over the 500 quota or part thereof, you win yourself the wonderful prize of a visit to post #46 to choose your penance!

To save you the journey just this once its

1 set of 20. No rest
    Squats
    Burpees
    Push ups
    Lunges (20 each leg)
    Chin up or tricep dips

Or

3x30 secs full gearing on turbo and spinning as fast as you can. All out Max effort. Straight off for 10 squat jumps after each rep. No rest.

Or

Find a hill that takes a minute to scale at a hard pace
    Do it 3 times with 10 squat jumps at the peak each time. Jog down. No rest.

Have fun and let us know what your v800 makes of it all :D

Your vice balance for the rest of this challenge (Nov 19) is
    0 kcals
    And...

Advised I was over 500kcal, corrected when I said half packet, but damage done in for a penny in for a pound and all gone!!

2014-10-24.jpg

And...

2014-10-24.jpg

What are those things on top of the popcorn. And more importantly, how good are they???

Ah, AKW, this sort of blows that you've let yourself go like this. No quitting, however!!! You pick yourself up, shake yourself off, and get yourself back on the sugary-crud total (gonna have to be now!) abstinence wagon again!!! YOU. CAN. DO IT!!

Can you bank the additional penance?

Ie do I get a buffer of the 70kcal balance?

What are those things on top of the popcorn. And more importantly, how good are they???

Ah, AKW, this sort of blows that you've let yourself go like this. No quitting, however!!! You pick yourself up, shake yourself off, and get yourself back on the sugary-crud total (gonna have to be now!) abstinence wagon again!!! YOU. CAN. DO IT!!

Aero bubbles and they are really good. :o

8831082430494.jpg

To save you the journey just this once its ....

You're too kind! ;)

Can you bank the additional penance?

Ie do I get a buffer of the 70kcal balance?

No banking sir. You sin, you hurt. Each time. That's it. Even if you were 501 kcals :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

No banking sir. You sin, you hurt. Each time. That's it. Even if you were 501 kcals :cool:
    Hehehe that's it Mike, lay down the law. Do you think we need video evidence of the punishment? :D

• Advertisement

Aero bubbles. Do you want us to send you some? :pac:

Harsh! :D
    Aero bubbles. Do you want us to send you some? :pac:

Well, it does say "Love to Share" on the package. ;) (this challenge won't go on forever, you know)

First proper craving today. Caz went for a walk while I took shotgun junior to rugby. Came back and there was a pack of kimberlies on the counter. Ignored at first but as hunger grew I picked the pack up a couple of times. Heading to in-laws for dinner, don't want to spoil appetite but hungry. Apple was crunchy and delicious but unsatisfying. A handful of nuts next. Still craving. Picked up biscuits again, only 67 kcals a biscuit. A couple wouldn't hurt! Managed to not open the pack. A couple of crackers with crunchy peanut butter, sliced banana and a drizzle of honey did the trick. Probably double the kcals though :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to have to set up the turbo...to warn myself what is coming at some point in the next week if I'm not careful...

Now, where is my turbo...

I think I'm going to have to set up the turbo...to warn myself what is coming at some point in the next week if I'm not careful...

Now, where is my turbo...

Me too :(

Sinned again. Had 3 kimberlies and a hot chocolate.

So another 67+67+67+80 kcals gone
    Total this time 281 kcals
    Total this challenge 361 kcals
    Remaining allowance 159 kcals

I ate one chocolate sweet at a kids party and also had popcorn, tho thats not on my banned list. I also ate jellies. Not sure if I should add them to the contraband list, cos they sure felt like cheating.

Does the chocolate on a bite of power bar, eaten while training count?

A chocolate bar taken on a 70K or longer spin should not count towards your vice challenge calorie count :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Me too :(

Sinned again. Had 3 kimberlies and a hot chocolate.

So another 67+67+67+80 kcals gone
    Total this time 281 kcals
    Total this challenge 361 kcals
    Remaining allowance 159 kcals

If I was you, I'd be having a good long think about which punishment is the most appealing :D

No sins as of yet, however I did squirt whipped cream right out of the can into my mouth tonight (not on my banned list, but the uneaten brownies the whipped cream came with are!!), and, like Oryx's jellies, it really did feel like I sinned. :D And I'm sort of wondering, I banned chocolate and all cakes, cookies and pies...but I did not ban ice cream. So, I'm sure I'll want a little celebratory dessert post NY City marathon at the weekend - vanilla ice cream would be okay, right??

• Advertisement

Hang on a second. I didn't put Aero bubbles and popcorn on any list, what's this all about?!

Going around the corner and having a different treat is cheating, no?

As for squirting cream from a can? Love it!! :D

Canned cream is brill for filling mince pies, squirt some under the 'lid' of the pie, yum, instant treat.

Advertisement