Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The VICE Challenge - enter if you dare!

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Akw, that pic you posted counts as a sin, trust me. Dory, your cream is now officially banned but vanilla icecream is ok for medicinal purposes only. I know you wont have a jurassic park blowout. Im counting the jellies so I'm estimating I'm 250kcal into my allowance.

I actually dreamt I ate crisps last night and woke up thinking I had to do circuits. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

So a recap 1 week in...

Vice kcals remaining

Shotgunmcos 0 - 1x set of penance due (3 more kimberlies*)
    Oryx 250
    DoryDory 500
    Tunney 500?
    Bryangiggsy 500
    AKW 0 - 1x set of penance due
    RaccoonQueen 365
    Solobally 250

*put me to 538 kcals total and wasn't even worth it..bloody kimberlies are not even dunkers :(

Offence 1 penance served :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

250 kcals of chocolate eaten :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Okay...no more whipped cream. :( But good god am I making up for the sweets with chicken pot pie and lasagne. :o Carb loading, I suppose. Let's just hope I can fit into my running pants!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Right so, I use chocolate nesquik as my recovery drink and I have a mile repeat session tomorrow...I have no other recovery strategy and I do not like the taste of chocolate nesquik...so does this count or not? :confused:

I say no...

edit: Also, I bought one of these the day before the challenge started. Tried desperately to get others to eat it but they wouldn't. 232 calories down...it's finished now though..gave most of it away. Temptation removed.

133 calories left...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Stupid idea doing running penance last night after a S&C session yesterday morning.

My ass hurts today!

I'm adding diet coke to my list. About time I kicked the habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

I should definitely join this challenge....but the list is just way to big!!! anything really, eating in general is my vice..maybe I should start with chocolate!!
    So, that's not hot chocolate when kids go to bed, no sweet bread with chocolate chips to dunk in the hot chocolate....let's see how long I last!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

3 squirts of whipped cream straight from the can and into my mouth. Defiance. And I haven't even eaten dinner yet. We'll call each squirt one serving (2 tablespoons), 15 calories each...so I am 45 calories down. And I have no regrets. :)

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    3 squirts of whipped cream straight from the can and into my mouth. Defiance. And I haven't even eaten dinner yet. We'll call each squirt one serving (2 tablespoons), 15 calories each...so I am 45 calories down. And I have no regrets. :)

You sound like a stroppy teenage boy. :)

Welcome, sinner!

All the chocolate lying around for the pesky trick or treater's. Resisted with the aid of a couple of pancakes with lemon and sugar. Yum :)

I came home to find out neighbour has dropped left over chocolate cake from her son's birthday party yesterday!!! arghhhh. I need to be strong, slice is so big it will probably be well over the 500 calories!!!! And today was one of those days, bad traffic in the morning, bad traffic in the evening (left an hour later than usual in the hope that it would be better...but no, people didn't get the memo, it's midterm break ffs, traffic should not be this bad this week!!)

So at least 500 calories less of sh*t a day and replaced with nothing really....and not a gram of weight lost. Though, I do *feel* better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Despite my ~3000cal blowout recently I am down 1.9kg over the fortnight. Not tracking it per se but interesting to note you will still lose weight if you have a plan and you stick to the plan 90% - means the odd blowout does not seem to register much.

I guess if you don't have plan then these blowouts can have more of an effect. Btw when I say 'plan', just something simple as an app on your phone that acts as a rolling nutrition log - 2 mins per day effort and good for keeping you honest (ish).

Can of coke with lunch.

Turbo it is for me (if I can set it up)...maybe I'll do circuits instead :p

Can of coke with lunch.

Turbo it is for me (if I can set it up)...maybe I'll do circuits instead :p

How many calories in a can of coke?? I though it was allowed up to 500 cals per period (a month?)

ToTriOrNot wrote: »
    How many calories in a can of coke?? I though it was allowed up to 500 cals per period (a month?)

2 x cans of coke + chocolate = 508 or something

2 x cans of coke + chocolate = 508 or something

Duh, after I posted I saw you had some before!!! Couldn't edit!!
    So far so good, almost 3 days with no chocolate. This evening it will be there real challenge...going Trick or Treat with the kiddies......last year I ended up eating most of their sweets...our neighbours were way to generous (some had bags ready and all!!)

ToTriOrNot wrote: »
    2 x cans of coke + chocolate = 508 or something[/QUO

Duh, after I posted I saw you had some before!!! Couldn't edit!!
    So far so good, almost 3 days with no chocolate. This evening it will be there real challenge...going Trick or Treat with the kiddies......last year I ended up eating most of their sweets...our neighbours were way to generous (some had bags ready and all!!)
    Ah but this year, youve got us lot, and the threat of a penalty breathing down your neck.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Ah but this year, youve got us lot, and the threat of a penalty breathing down your neck.

So far so good, it has worked. ToTriOrNot 1 - Chocolate 0!!

Tomorrow will be tough. Saturday around here is Farmers Market with Pizza and Hot Chocolate and / or the most delicious lime white chocolate brownies....arghhhh, I don't want to serve the penalty..so better be strong!!!

Post Halloween cheat sheet ;)

1932316_10153302944943989_2600941058667412357_n.jpg?oh=7e68bde8f0543b948e4bb928e55d66e9&oe=54E8B690&__gda__=1424485312_0e2bcc5854d1cd32ea55e69c908ca076

^^^^Im never eating a snickers

200 squat jumps or 50 burpees is epic but the real gem in there is the 4 min of tabata...ouch!

Transgressed again. Warm chocolate pudding with a chocolate sauce and a scoop of chocolate ice cream. It wasn't even that good :rolleyes: Complete alcohol blow out too but that's not a vice.

Major hangover today, I had forgotten how this feels. Don't have the brain cells to compute the kcals, but I'm going to opt for the circuit penance when my stomach is not doing backflips and I feel somewhat human. In the region of 6 or 7 sets I reckon...gulp.

That sounds like premeditated indulgence to me.

Double penance!! :D

I'm just about to indulge in all 3 of my listed vices. Can't wait :)

Oryx wrote: »
    ^^^^Im never eating a snickers

And that is just a snacksize snickers. A real snickers would be almost 3 times that!

AKW wrote: »
    That sounds like premeditated indulgence to me.

Double penance!! :D

No chance. 100 kcal premeditated maybe as a single set of circuits (150 total reps) is light. BUT an alcohol induced forgettful blowout definitely not. Worth 900-1,050 total reps and utter pain for days with DOMs... I'm not that masochistic!

Edit: sussed out the indulgence
    187 kcals for the ice cream
    140 kcals for the syrup
    167 kcals for the pudding

494 kcals total

Circuits penance due for 2nd offence = 1 set of 30 reps per 100 kcals or part thereof, no rest
    150 squat jumps, 150 press ups, 300 lunges, 150 chin ups (impossible) or dips, 150 burpees!

Good Jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

Ok is it 500 cals per week or per Month ? ?

• Advertisement

Ok is it 500 cals per week or per Month ? ?

Per month

Advertisement