Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The VICE Challenge - enter if you dare!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Oryx wrote: »
    Per month
    16 days left on this challenge.

If everyone (but me :rolleyes:) are easily avoiding their vice, thus missing out on squat jumps, I must find a way to make it tougher for the pre Christmas challenge.

PS- anyone any sins to confess? :)

Post your kcal balance/status to confirm you are still in?

0 kcals
    5 sets of 30 reps circuits due

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

If everyone (but me :rolleyes:) are easily avoiding their vice, thus missing out on squat jumps, I must find a way to make it tougher for the pre Christmas challenge.

should mind my own business as i'm not doing it. but......

if the aim is to avoid vices, why make it harder? Surely the fact that people are not giving in means the punishment is severe enough to be working? is the aim to avoid vices or just to get people doing squats?

knowing mike i know the answer, but if people end up doing the squats anyway there is no reason to avoid the vices...:)

mossym wrote: »
    should mind my own business as i'm not doing it. but......

if the aim is to avoid vices, why make it harder? Surely the fact that people are not giving in means the punishment is severe enough to be working? is the aim to avoid vices or just to get people doing squats?

knowing mike i know the answer, but if people end up doing the squats anyway there is no reason to avoid the vices...:)
    Good question. The point is to avoid vices. Just saying that if 30 days was easy for most to give up one or two vices, perhaps we need to up the ante. Its just a bit of hardish 'core' craic for the winter. We had a winter mini challenges thread somewhere a while back that was fun and worked on core :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

Almost a week for me in this challenge, and the fear of the penance have me avoiding chocolate (my real vice) despite my husband and girls eating it from time to time!!
    I have also stop eating any sweets and crisps...and that with Halloween in the middle of it!!
    I did a circuits class for the first time in 7 years (pre kids) and it's enough motivation to keep me off!!! Bring on the xmas challenge!!!

(my balance is still 500 cal, as I only stated Chocolate as my vice, I have cut on other crap, but I must confess I eat a slice of apple cake with custard!)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm still off crisps, sweets and chocolate (even though the petrol station today had large bars for e1.50) and I feel better for it. The cravings are gone. I have been eating cake (homemade) as its not my vice and tbh, I don't want to cut that out. I'm not trying to lose weight. I think I'm still at 250?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've yet to do my penance. I plan to fit it in on Thursday. An extra set of reps for every day is my added penance if I don't to it on Thursday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Forgive me Father Mike for I have sinned. While at the New York train terminal today I threw caution to the wind and indulged in a chocolate topped glazed doughnut from Krispy Kreme. I haven't had one of those in YEARS, and my post-marathon body was craving something having no redeeming value other than pure selfish pleasure. 240 calories. So I'm now at 285 vice-ilicious calories. As my dear old dad would say, I wonder what the poor folks are doing? ;):)

Bought a Terrys Chocolate Orange egg. Figured I'd leave it in the fridge to test the motivation and will power. Nearly caved when Caz opened it. Its a whopping 920 kcals. I have yet to do my 5 sets of 30 (dreading it). 10 sets of 40 would be insane and was quite enough thought for me to resist! Then I realised 2 whole weeks left in this challenge..

Arms and abs hurt today...thats actually a good strength and conditioning programme you've set up there shotgun. Throw in some proper squatting, med ball deadlifts and planks and you've a good set :p

Why oh why

To do
    5 sets of 30
    4 sets of 40
    2 sets of 50
    2 sets of 60

Sleepless nights killing the will power..

• Advertisement

Why oh why

To do
    5 sets of 30
    4 sets of 40
    2 sets of 50
    2 sets of 60

:eek:

Why oh why

To do
    5 sets of 30
    4 sets of 40
    2 sets of 50
    2 sets of 60

Jesus christ...I'm never binging again after doing my sets. Had one celebration sweet on Friday. It was horrid..why do we eat that crap?!

Bad Oryx. BAD ORYX! We had our club social on Saturday, and I had two fistfuls of Pringles. The devils food. By my reckoning Im 50kcal away from a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

Going to Start this Next Monday having way to much Chocolate over the winter and Soft Drinks need to get back in shape

Two Hershey chocolate nuggets last night while watching ice hockey and sipping on a Straw-ber-Rita Margarita. 100 stinkin' calories. :eek: I had no idea each of those tiny cubes had 50 calories!!! That puts me to 385 calories.

I believe round one ends the 20th??? At midnight?? (or midnight of the 19th?) And then what?? :)

So, when am I free to make a pig of myself (without penalty) on some Cadbury chocolate I've been hoarding?

Dory Dory wrote: »
    So, when am I free to make a pig of myself (without penalty) on some Cadbury chocolate I've been hoarding?
    Challenge over... Happy munching :). I still owe some sets of circuits which I will do

Don't want chocolate or coke or jellies. Mike, you broke me. :(

I don't want chocolate either. This is going to save me a fortune.

New challenge ideas? Maybe run it as a pretty Xmas dinner challenge. Nov 22 to Dec 21?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

New challenge ideas? Maybe run it as a pretty Xmas dinner challenge. Nov 22 to Dec 21?

Don't forget there is the annual runstreak challenge for December. I'll pop up a post in a wee while. Did like the 'challenge a boardsie' thing from 2012.

Don't want chocolate or coke or jellies. Mike, you broke me. :(
    Oryx wrote: »
    I don't want chocolate either. This is going to save me a fortune.

Girls, it's temporary.

Yay. Two days to get a good chocolate fix...and then I'll be ready to go again, so count me in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Personally I can't wait for some crisps. Holding off until after my dental visit thought :pac:

Surprised I lasted, especially when having a sandwich at lunch when it comes with crisps. Felt weird having the plate taken away with the crisps still on there.

I think Ill do a test. Buy some chocolate and see if the cravings come back!

Ate half a Cadbury bar at lunch - the 110g size, I believe. Unfortunately, this WAS lunch. This is what I do. :o

4 bourbon creams
    4 digestives
    2 chocolate hob nobs
    9 mikado
    1 cup of tea

#sick

Ideas for new challenge folks?

For anyone who drinks, a dry run till Christmas would be tough. :)

Or pick whatever happens to be your 'bad-but-not-quite-sinful food choice (any food that comes a box? ordered in?mostly bread? )

We had roses in here yesterday. Took 2, thought ''these are gross'' - had one more and left the rest for the rest of the savages. Dunnes had boxed of orchard fruit jellies (my favourite) earlier in the week so I popped round at lunch and searched out a bag of them as it gave me minor cravings...had 3 and thought ''these are gross'' - gave the rest away.

Thanks Mike. You and your fancy challenge broke me completely. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We had roses in here yesterday. Took 2, thought ''these are gross'' - had one more and left the rest for the rest of the savages
    Roses are crap anyway. Get some real chocolate into you and you'll be cured. :cool:

• Advertisement

I don't think there is any hope for me. Not if I couldn't eat jellies. Save yourselves...I'll be ok :(

Advertisement