Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can a non DCU student join a society?

• 18-10-2014 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I'm very interested in joining some societies in dcu but i'm not a student there.any ideas about this?
    I'm a UCD student btw who happen to live near dcu ( tough life i know :( )

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

La Mer wrote: »
    I'm very interested in joining some societies in dcu but i'm not a student there.any ideas about this?
    I'm a UCD student btw who happen to live near dcu ( tough life i know :( )

cheers

Could you argue dyslexia?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I seriously doubt it. They all ask for your student number on Clubs and Socs Day and if you go upstairs to the C&S office, they'll either ask for your student number or your card.

Considering how universities are granting them large sums of money every year, I don't think they'd be happy if societies started letting non-students in.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Tesco TripleChicken

I'm pretty sure past (DCU) students are allowed to be in socs, not sure about non-students though

Advertisement