Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 8 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Not a good week for me so far but I have Dummett coming on for Costa, which should give me at least 30 with 3 to play including my captain so could still work out okay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Will be on 44 after bps are added, 4 to play but 11 to come off the bench from Obertan

Acceptable but was really hoping for higher after Aguero's flying start today. No Southampton players and a total of -2 from 4 players really hurt me this afternoon.

Might just about thread water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

51 so far, captaincy yet to be put on Aguero, George Boyd to come in for Diego Costa & 12 BPS to be added.

Looking at 86 when all that is accounted for

Di Maria & Sigurdsson left to play.

Wildcard is having a spectacular return so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    Apologies, I recommend PvA over Boyd.

Not your fault at all mate, absolutely no need to apologies. I had van Aanholt in as my first substitute all week and if I played the gameweek again, 9 times out of 10 I'd stick with the same decision.

I was thinking along the similar lines of you with van Aanholt possibly grabbing an assist or perhaps 6 for a clean sheet, whereas Boyd had done nothing thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

with bps included im on 66 with moreno, wilson, siggy, sterling and di maria to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

47 from 7 with 6 bps to come.
    Annoyed I didnt set vc to Aguero. (Was sure it was on him). :( Boyd autosubbing for Costa is sweet. :D

Di Maria (vc), Falcao, Shawcross and Siggurdson to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

On 67 points with Sterling, Sigurdsson, Taylor and Di Maria left and that man George Boyd's lovely 8 points to come in for Costa. Very pleased with my team after playing the wildcard in gameweek 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Some seriously high scores here. Will be interesting to see what the GW average is.

Intermediate analysis

http://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/

Including expected bonus but not including vc moves from Costa...Average score 32.2, Average for the top 10K 39.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

50pts with 5 to play, decent considering I have neither Pelle nor Tadic plus Mannone's minus 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Siggy sterling and Di Maria (c) to play, curently on 33 and another poor armband decision to rue for a week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

57 pts after bps with 5 to play, only real disappointment is Silva not picking up anything even though he had a great game. A Stoke CS would be beautiful this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭internet_user

77 with taylor,siggy and di maria to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

74 with Taylor, Siggy, Di Maria, Sterling, and Wisdom (my auto sub for Costa, stupidly ahead of Boyd). Really hope tomorrow is half as crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Seriously tempted to Change Sterling & Welbeck to Tadic & Pelle... is that too much of a knee jerk reaction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

70 points with 4 to play : Foster, Sig, Di Maria, Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I wouldn't rush out to get Pelle and Tadic. I know they both did unreal today--Tadic, particularly--but Southampton are not gonna score 8 every week. Certainly, I presume.

Before today, Tadic's record was okay but he was by no means a must-have. That's wont to change, of course, but I'll be waiting to see how he shapes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Had Aguero as VC and points are now added and confirmed but haven't had any captain points added or Costas replacement points(Matic) not added. Are they left till game week over or should they have been added?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Wildcarded this week...

Got rid of Fab and Tadic... :mad: Sitting on 38 points with Aguero captaincy to come in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Antibac wrote:
    Had Aguero as VC and points are now added and confirmed but haven't had any captain points added or Costas replacement points(Matic) not added. Are they left till game week over or should they have been added?

Autosubs and VC come into play after all matches have been played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

90 points (-4) with Blackett, Sterling and DiMaria left to play.

Boyd first sub but he'll only come in if either of the above mids don't play.

Best week I can remember and may kick start my season.
    Now I just need to hope Costa does very little in his next 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

spock. wrote: »

Cheers new to the game so wasn't sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

spock. wrote: »

Nobody is going to have a clue how they are actually doing this week until late Monday night or even Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

My B-team languishing at 855k overall is sitting on 90 before bonuses...a mighty effort for a team made up for leagues run by sites etc...

Went up to 106 with 3 to play.

Jumped 855k to 37k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

dahat wrote: »
    My B-team languishing at 855k overall is sitting on 90 before bonuses...a mighty effort for a team made up for leagues run by sites etc...

B teams suck:mad:

B teams suck:mad:

I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What I want to see tomorrow:

Stoke 0-0 Swansea

QPR 0, with some involvement from Sterling at the other end.

Up to 8th overall and first in Ireland in ultimate FPL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

KevIRL wrote: »
    Up to 8th overall and first in Ireland in ultimate FPL!

superb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

including BPs, and Boyd coming off the bench, it's 80 with Naylor, Siggy, Sterling and ADM to play.

happy out, although Naismith's failure is a little annoying considering their 3-0 win, but you can't have it all.

65-4 with 8 to sub in.

Sterling,Di Maria and Siggy to play tmrw. Really need Siggy to deliver a goal at least tomorrow.

Also need Pool to concede with Moreno to do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

08719bb4ac40f47962a3c8373fafee8e.png
    Down to 12k with no Aguero, I wont complain,

George Boyd's points must be added to that too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Really taught today would be the day augero ran roit. In the end giving him the arm band wasn't that bad, better late than never and he should of had a hat trick tbh.

It will come though the ageuro show will come !.
    Go the extra mile for aguero, the only city striker who's not at risk of rotation and imo is due a high scoring gw soon
    with jeovitic back tonight dzeko could be at risk of rotation, I have aguero for this reason alone and he's due a brace or hat trick pretty soon i reckon

I've been a broken record the last few weeks but its happened sergio has well and truly run riot and yes i did captain him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

55 points good for 292k but very hard to tell how autosubs (I have 9 coming in) and VCs will affect that. I'll enjoy top 30k overall until then though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I've been a broken record the last few weeks but its happened sergio has well and truly run riot and yes i did captain him :)

Bet you have a conflict of interest though what with your username and all. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If Blackett was not to play on Monday it would be great, on 2 fronts, one Cork would come on for 8 points :). and two might persuade me to bring in Baines,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

In the top 1.3k overall

Boyd's points still to come in

plus 4 to play ( 3 of the template 4 midfielders)

Let's hope the template fires tomorrow :)

Wow just checked the Top 20 and their is guys in it who before the start of this week where 6 points ahead of me but are now in the top 20 with the same template midfield 3 players stil to play than me..

The difference between them in Top 20 and me in 1.3k is

I've Fab they have Tadic
    I've Welbeck they have Pelle!!!

It's the small margins for a place up so high!!

I'd retire from the game if I ever hit those heights :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Top 10k overall! Vice captains will change that though..

Dropped 5K places to 24K. Disappointing considered I did capt Aguero and a bit concerning considering the Costa VC changes still have to be made :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Sitting in 26k position. Delighted. I know I'll drop again tomorrow when the vice captain is switched to Aguero.

I'm going to enjoy these heights while I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll enjoy it while it lasts but VC's and subs are going to probably cut into this massively...

But up from 533k to 54k for the time being.

A Blackett hattrick is needed to offset all the other adjustments on Monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

75 points with De Gea, Bardsley, Siggy and Di Maria to come. Also PVA's -2 so I guess it's really 73.

Puts me up to 2k for now but I'll dropping down again from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

61 with Di Maria, Siggy & Taylor to go. Praise the lord for Aguero VC & Costa not in the squad... feeling blessed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

08719bb4ac40f47962a3c8373fafee8e.png
    Down to 12k with no Aguero, I wont complain,

George Boyd's points must be added to that too :P
    What app/site is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

AdMMM wrote: »
    What app/site is that?

fantasyfootballfix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

65 with adm siggy sterling to play. Thanks Sergio

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

42 with 5 still to play (though 2 defenders - Stoke-Swansea 0-0 would be just absolute perfection) and 19 pts added (:D). Up to just outside 200k. Wow :eek:. Just checked, Aguero's (C) points would place me now inside 80k. That's some jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

94 with Di Maria, Hendo and Siggy to go. That includes -2 for Azpilicueta!

Overall Rank of 600, my highest ever :)

It won't last after all the auto subs and Aguero VCs kick in, but it makes for a good Saturday night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

81 with 6 still to play. Jumped 110k to just inside 11k. Cracking GW so far. Jagielka being my ft worked wonders but Tadic head and shoulders stand out performer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

83 with the three template mids left.

That includes the 8 for Boyd to come Monday night.

My 75 so far leaps me up 353k from 425 to 72!!! I know that auto subs and Aguero vcs will eat into that but given I've a decent auto sub my self and Aguero not massive ownership I hope not to drop too far.

Hard to predict but staying in top 100k would be amazing. Reflecting on my poor start heading into this gw I had figured if I could crack the top 100k by Xmas I'd be happy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement