Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 8 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fowler87 wrote: »
    On course for 99 points with Falcao to play. Provided he doesn't get sent off should be making the century!

Congrats. Think my century dream is over. Need 8 from Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FHFC wrote: »
    Congrats. Think my century dream is over. Need 8 from Di Maria.

That's hardly in the realms of fantasy though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

49 with captain Angel and wisdom to come. wont be happy unless I make 70

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

What an unlucky week for me. Went from top 5000 in the world to God knows where now. Top of all my leagues to mid table thanks to one bad game week.

18 pts.

What an unlucky week for me. Went from top 5000 in the world to God knows where now. Top of all my leagues to mid table thanks to one bad game week.

18 pts.

Ouch, thats the thing about early in the season, rankings can be very volatile, even moreso this season with so many of the teams being so similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Need cap Falcao and ADM to run riot tomorrow. Diame as 3rd sub with 7 points aint good when 2 subs are getting brought in with a grand total of zero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    was anonymous after that . very poor

I just got a snippet of Charlie Adams post match interview, did I hear him say that they basically targeted Siggy?

They were certainly getting in his face a little, a lot revolves around him for Swansea, will be interesting to see if others start to target him.

2points, that'll do Sig, that'll do :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

51 with Pelle to switch to C and Boyd off the bench. ADM to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

57 points with 20 to sub in so 77 points with Di Maria left to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

78 with ADM to play tomorrow. As a Pool fan though I'd be happy enough with a nil all draw or a loss for UTD. Feels good seeing us just outside top 4 again even it was scrappy earlier. Can't see West Brom containing things tomorrow night though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

70 after Siggy and Sterling's 9 points today. Brings me up to 1111 overall. Starting to feel dizzy now. ADM to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

84 with Di Maria and Wisdom to play. Moved up another 1k places to 8,500 today. Would expect to drop when the auto subs and captaincy changes kick in, but not by too much hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sterling's 7 only pushed me back just over 1k to 3,432 and 78 for the week.

PVA's -2 coupled with the influx from other benches will be interesting tomorrow night. Di Maria and De Gea to go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

2 points today from a form player... Di Maria better fluke some more shots tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

http://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/gw-8-transfers-and-team-selection/comment-page-1/#comment-344

Looks like it won't be too terrible when the Costa(c)/Aguero(vc) come into play tomorrow. ADM(vc) could be bad even though I have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

started week at 590k
    up to 290k with falcao as captain and ADM to play
    come on FALCAO!!!!!!!

Last year's GW8 thread if anyone wants to compare:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057064408/1

Where I was at this stage last year:
    Lemlin wrote:
    72 with Shaw's 2 to come in. I've risen from 670k to 370k.

The 49k I'm sitting at this season, with 20 points yet to sub in, looks a whole lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

http://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/gw-8-transfers-and-team-selection/comment-page-1/#comment-344

Looks like it won't be too terrible when the Costa(c)/Aguero(vc) come into play tomorrow. ADM(vc) could be bad even though I have him.

The actual figures are here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92666723&postcount=806

However the top 10k figures for ADM as VC is a worry alright.

Better for my rank that he scores low, but I still want my ton!

The 9 from Sterling and Sig today moves me up about 4k to 68k with my 8 auto sub points to be added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Lemlin wrote: »

The 49k I'm sitting at this season, with 20 points yet to sub in, looks a whole lot better.

LOL
    What a disaster last season was. This was my last post in that GW8 thread:
    G1032 wrote: »
    Another week. Another nightmare. 46 points including the 3 from Ozil. More ground last in private league. I'll be 100+ points behind after this GW. Major captain fail with Lukaku.

Strangely enough I rose approx 1.5K places today to 23.5K despite only having Siggy and Sterling playing, 2 that supposedly 'everyone' has. Just shows that the 'everyone has them' line never really applies.
    Have 53 points with ADM and DDG to play tomorrow and 11 points coming off the bench courtesy of Obertan

Dropped 2 places to 10th in Ultimate, only ADM to play there tomorrow though. Will be doing very well to keep a top 20 place I'd say.

All told, a Utd clean sheet, ADM doing something and Falcoa doing nothing would be ideal tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

94 points this week, my best week so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

LOL

It was the week I bought and captained michu. Sold Ramsey having owned him for one fruitless week. Swansea score four with nothing from michu. Ramsey was supposed to be rested but finished with a double digit score I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

It was the week I bought and captained michu. Sold Ramsey having owned him for one fruitless week. Swansea score four with nothing from michu. Ramsey was supposed to be rested but finished with a double digit score I think.

What a bloody season. Total nightmare!

With Boyd on my bench & ADM yet to play, plus that fact that I've transferred him out.... It'd be very very sweet if he pulled a hammy in the warmup.

The way my week is going, he probably will.

Only dropped from 54k to 57k today which is a result as Sterling was my only player. Hoping to cling onto a top 100k spot after tomorrow's adjustments but I'd say 150k might be more realistic.

First thing to note from that thread last year is that I miss Moreau. Always had interesting options and opinions :)

Also quite a different start to this season sitting in and about 3k compared to this time last year...
    50 points for the week, bang on average and seeing more of the scores here around the same as myself is reassuring. Up from 980k last night to 867k tonight....

borat_great_success.jpg

:eek: :pac: :o

Ramsey came on for Flamini and scored a goal and got an assist! Just had a read of the thread there.

My team had Suarez and Sturridge and Ramsey, Ozil and Giroud - 5 of my seven attackers from two teams!!

KevIRL wrote: »
    Strangely enough I rose approx 1.5K places today to 23.5K despite only having Siggy and Sterling playing, 2 that supposedly 'everyone' has. Just shows that the 'everyone has them' line never really applies.
    Have 53 points with ADM and DDG to play tomorrow and 11 points coming off the bench courtesy of Obertant

I got 10 points from Siggy, Taylor and Sterling and moved up 6k places from 49k last night to 43k today.

20 points still to sub in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Wasn't here GW8 last year:o. Came in GW12 and won the GW12 league:cool:

Now I'm on 58 with Aguero's extra 19 to come, as well as -2 from PVA and 1 from Moore (Boyd as 3rd sub:o).

Di Maria to come tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I got 10 points from Siggy, Taylor and Sterling and moved up 6k places from 49k last night to 43k today.

20 points still to sub in too.

picked up 2 points today (siggy) - went from 33k to 48k :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

72 before Boyd comes in, plus ADM plays tomorrow.

up 3k from yesterday to 17k after Naylor, Siggy and Sterling today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

On 77 points with Boyd's 8 to sub in so really 85 with Di Maria left. Gained a further 2k places to move up to 15.6k so things are looking good. Even though I have Di Maria I would be happy if he only gets an assist tomorrow as a lot of people have him either captained or vice captained with Costa captained so if he manages a big points haul I will almost certainly drop back a good bit. Added to that numerous lads in my private league have him captained so just the 5 tomorrow Angel and we'll be rocking. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Have jumped 120k places after tonight to 8k. Falcao hat trick to add to the madness tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dizzy heights of 9300 for me,lifetime high but expect to drop back after sub's etc. If i hold Top 15k I'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

12 points from Sterling, Siggy, Wilson and Taylor bring me to 41, with 6 to come off the bench and Captain ADM still to play. Still not a great week, but I've gone back up to 12k from 17k today and hopefully points aplenty tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Di Maria scares me. I really hope he is quiet tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

HighClass wrote: »
    16 :o

Everything just went completely tits up, season ended by week 8. GW ranking of 3,216,887, new record for me :pac:

My H2H opponent has 13
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1603777/event-history/8/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

11 points today brings me up 67 for the week. Have moved from 238k to 87k. Thrilled with that.

Still have ADM to play, as well as Boyd to come in, and Agueros captaincy points. So take another good jump tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

LOL

I had 63 this week last season. Now I am on 86 with DiMaria left to play.
    I am so much better than last year:D

wonski wrote: »
    I had 63 this week last season. Now I am on 86 with DiMaria left to play.
    I am so much better than last year:D

I gave up looking for a post from myself... But Ramsey & Yaya did the business so I was probably in a dark corner :)

PARlance wrote: »
    I gave up looking for a post from myself... But Ramsey & Yaya did the business so I was probably in a dark corner :)

So much needless self-punishment last season. The days of the Anti-Ramsey Brigade were some of the greatest times in the FSA though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

So much needless self-punishment last season. The days of the Anti-Ramsey Brigade were some of the greatest times in the FSA though :)

usually with FPL it's the bad times you remember but those rare nights when Ramsey blanked and we were settling down with our 25 year old single malts were very satisfying:P
    Watching Arsenal from behind the couch or crapping my pants every time Jeff went over to Tommo or Le Tiss were tough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Within striking distance of the top of my money league now. 75 for the week with ADM to play. Before tonight I'm on 435 with the leader of the league on 441. He has none left to play. Need ADM to do the business tonight to take the top spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

68 points with Wisdom and Di Maria left to play. Up from 167,000 to 57,500 but have (-2) for Van Aanholt to come in for Diego Costs to hurt me :(

West Brom clean sheet, or a Wisdom part in a goal they score would be lovely. Expect to stay within the top 100k either way at the end of the week after auto-subs/captain changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

87 points so far with De Gea and Di Maria to play. Also have Zamora (lol) to come in for Costa. Had Aguero as captain, Tadic, Fab, Bertrand, and Sterling on my team, so delighted! 1k overall :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Steve bates chief football writer for Sunday people " hearing whispers from mufc camp that januzaj MAY start with falcao dropping to bench. uncomfirmed"
    this will make me angry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Steve bates chief football writer for Sunday people " hearing whispers from mufc camp that januzaj MAY start with falcao dropping to bench. uncomfirmed"
    this will make me angry

have Falcao captain :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

this will make me angry

Just cant be true. Falcao is now my captain :mad:

Any team news yet?

Think he banged in 3 (or 4) a recent reserve game. Would still be a shock to see Falcao dropped.

Evo2000 won't be too happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

I wouldn't be surprised if Falcao is on the bench and comes on for 1 point, my team feels a bit cursed this week :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement