Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 8 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Moreno siggy costa and falcao with 4 points between them. Lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

anyone know about the bps????

Currently:

Blind 32
    Berahino 31
    Sessegnon 30

Tight enough, not sure if it'll change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

HighClass wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Falcao is on the bench and comes on for 1 point, my team feels a bit cursed this week :pac:

Yep.

Happy enough with my 30 points, it's just the build up to next weeks dramatic resurgence :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Defo looked like Lescott played it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

well feck everything, I'd have actually gotten more points if Falcao hadn't played even though the guy coming on for him would have given me -2 points! I know it's trying on everyone at times but this week is really seriously testing my patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Should finish on 73, all in, if my maths is right. That's okay. Definitely need to ship Ivan and Ulloa out and get Pelle in and [defender] in. Just gotta decide what my transfers will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Going to end with 85. Happy with that.
    Got my captain right.
    Wanyama and Welbeck with their late goals made a good week out of it in the end.
    Despite the sensational start to the week with Aguero it looked for a while on Saturday afternoon that it was going to be somewhat of a disaster week.
    Now I just need Baines, Tadic, Eriksen and Sterling not to move too much in price until I decide what I'm going to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »
    I forgot that I've the mighty Hutton to come in for Blackett. 103 :)

Boyd sitting on the bench... This game can be sooooo frustrating sometimes :);)

Seriously. Out the back door. This crowd could turn ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

70 points (no hits) once Obertan subs in, acceptable but really should have been better considering I had Aguero capt. Special word of appreciation has to go to my 3 defenders and goalkeeper who contributed a combined total of -2 to the cause :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

76 all in after Wisdom comes in, softens the blow of having Boyd 3rd sub a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Thank fcuk DiMaria was kept quiet regardless of the idiot decision not to start Falcao.. Exactly 100 for the GW.. Tadic you legend!

Note up on the site saying no assist for 2nd United goal

CSF wrote: »

Sweet!

72. Happy with that with Welbeck having been captained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »

Important information

• No assist was given for the second Man Utd goal as the ball fell to Blind via an interception from Lescott.
    Last updated: 20 Oct 22:07

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Well mister Van Gaal, benching Falcao worked a treat :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I forgot that I've the mighty Hutton to come in for Blackett. 103 :)

Boyd sitting on the bench... This game can be sooooo frustrating sometimes :);)

Also have hutton coming in, with wisdom and boyd sitting this one out :D

Gonna finish on 85, but still hate all the gloating from Fantasy Football Grand Master Parlance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

80 all in. A bit gutted I didn't get just one more point. Would have taken the lead in all my leagues. Ah well. Next week I'll take it.

Rikand wrote: »
    Also have hutton coming in, with wisdom and boyd sitting this one out :D

Gonna finish on 85, but still hate all the gloating from Fantasy Football Grand Master Parlance.

Think we have to give credit where it's due. A magnificent and audacious treble transfer ending up in a 100plus haul has to deserve a tip of the cap.

It's been great entertainment too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

62 with 20 to be added so 82 for the week. I'll take that.

• Advertisement

I should have had an emoticon after the 2nd sentence :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

79 all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ESP added. Blind 3, Fellaini 2, Wisdom 1. Now to wait for the very interesting auto sub, VC switches

58 with 1 to come from the bench and 19 from Agüero :cool:. Ulloa the big letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Think we have to give credit where it's due. A magnificent and audacious treble transfer ending up in a 100plus haul has to deserve a tip of the cap.

Ye pretty much the only poster to sell costa fair play. Just seen mourinho's interview on SSN when asked about costa infuriating stuff for us FF players.

Big time, he beat me in our h2h match and I'm not even mad!

ESP added. Blind 3, Fellaini 2, Wisdom 1. Now to wait for the very interesting auto sub, VC switches

Sigh at wisdom point

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sigh at wisdom point
    Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Cheers FHFC,

And in one final twist... I forget to include my (-4) so down to 99 points :(:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

84 points.

That was one of the madddest gameweeks I can remember. All those with Ageuro and/or Tadic made great gains, all those without will be considering ending their FF for the year I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sigh at wisdom point

At least playing PvA over him stopped you from losing to me by a heartbreaking point :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll end on 82 when PVA subs in. Good hustle for the week but now to play the waiting game and see just how Costa's absence skews things.

More importantly if I'm no longer seen as the crazy, free spirited, devil may care but damn it he gets results member of the forum then what am I? :eek:

*passes the torch to PARlance as a single tear rolls down my cheek*

iroced wrote: »
    Why?

Cause I would have preferred him getting less points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

61 for the week, not too bad. Annoying to have wisdom on the bench but win some you lose some. Role on next weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

iroced wrote: »
    Why?
    A lot of people will have him as first sub coming in for Costa. Second sub for me, PvA first of course. :rolleyes:

And in one final twist... I forget to include my (-4) so down to 99 points :(:)

Lol. Literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ye pretty much the only poster to sell costa fair play. Just seen mourinho's interview on SSN when asked about costa infuriating stuff for us FF players.

Selling Costa (hat-trick) and captaining Mario (1point) seems a distant memory now.
    That move resulted in a sh1t storm for a few weeks after. Hopefully these transfers pay off over the next month.
    Swings and roundabouts!

And I promised myself that I'd play it conservative this year.....

Now to start my living without Costa, ADM & Siggy crusade. There may be tears.

Cause I would have preferred him getting less points

Makes sense. :pac:.

Was asking as didn't know if you were questioning the BP or sighing at points left on your bench or at pts "given" to rivals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    62 with 20 to be added so 82 for the week. I'll take that.

Exactly the same here. A very good week. On to the next one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

85 all done.

Finished the gameweek in 12th place overall in Ultimate, early days of course but can start dreaming of the £25K first prize

Short term wise though, I am top of the FFS league on Ultimate, should get an auld mention on the Scoutcast, oh the fame!

86, happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

75 (-2), will definitely fall from 1111 overall, the question is how much..?

Will probably take my first hit of the season in the next few days, need rid of Azpilicueta and need Southampton attacking cover.

Wonder when it'll be updated. Usually pretty late on a Monday.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    All those with Ageuro and/or Tadic made great gains, all those without will be considering ending their FF for the year I reckon.

No. Still early days. Only 8 GWs played. Even the hectic Christmas period is in a far enough future. Then there's the January WC. Maybe a couple of DGWs (though there should be less this year since PL changed some rules about PL games being played at the same time than European competitions games if I'm not mistaken). I haven't mentionned weather disruptions which could mess things up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Wonder when it'll be updated. Usually pretty late on a Monday.

I am sure some of us will stay up and wait:D

Just came back from work so can wait another hour or so...

I will end up on 91 anyway. Great weekend.

what time are final scores calculated ? Same as price changes ?

Wondering when I should decide to wait up and see or when I go to bed, lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

The subs and captaincy changes have been added. Not sure about leagues/overall standings.

I'll give it until the end of the American Football Show on C4, then I'm off to bed!

Auto subs etc added now.

Usually a few hours after the matches. For a single Monday night match a bit quicker but still late due to late ko.

I'd say it'll be in next hour max.

bleh, too late. I'll bed and give myself a nice surprise or painful disappointment in the morning ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement