Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 8 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

In 18000ish position with Burnley Jones to sub in which will bring me to 75 total. Will be interesting to see where I'll end up when everyone elses Costa replacements and VCs are added

Captaining Aguero was a good decision, Azpi's red was unfortunate. Overall I'm happy with this week especially with 2 FTs going into GW9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

i wasnt too dishearted about costa being left out, i found out on sunday morning and knew i had erikson in first sub spot! 60 (-1) ill take it but not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

GW rank updated. ADM, Boyd's autosub and no C switch actually moved me up 100k places to 166k. Thought I would go down for sure. Now to wait for the effect on the OR
    Wooo, up to 23k overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Down to 2285 from 1111 with 73. Disappointed, it all looked so promising on Saturday morning.

Could be worse though, would have taken that at the start.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Up to 30k, quite happy with that so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Moved from 238k to 27k. Absolutely thrilled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There she blows...

Actually rose as well after getting boyds autosub points.

Up around 3k to 65k. Up from 425k last week. Probably the biggest jump i ever made.

97 pts
    GW rank 13,874. Possibly my best ever too.

Goodnight folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thats unreal. up ever so slightly to 35k. vice captain change c*ck up hurt me. things gonna get interesting from now on with teams starting to become more differentiated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Big jump from 534k to 82k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Great jump. How many points you got this week?
    Was also around 238k. 78 pts brought me up to 92k. First time in the 5 digits club this year. Hopefully there's no way back to the 6 digits one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

iroced wrote: »
    Great jump. How many points you got this week? Was also around 238k. 78 pts brought me up to 92k. First time in the 5 digits club this year. Hopefully there's no way back to the 6 digits one.

99. One of those weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I can't believe it. Such a good start. I don't know what to do next tbh.

Play it safe i guess...

325930.jpg

The wildcard worked. Best GW points and OR ever. It is a second full season, though so i do know how quickly i can go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jumped up over 400k places, hopefully the good run will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've settled at 6k now all is said and done :)

Only fell 3k from autosubs etc from yesterday but an actual GW rise of 11k.

It's nice to see such great scores and jumps up the rankings in here this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Up to 28k. In 8 years playing, thats the best ive ever been :)

PARlance wrote: »
    Big jump from 534k to 82k.

I admire your courage. I bet the whole forum does.

If there was a Manager of the week award...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

wonski wrote: »
    I can't believe it. Such a good start. I don't know what to do next tbh.

Play it safe i guess...

The wildcard worked. Best GW points and OR ever. It is a second full season, though so i do know how quickly i can go down.

Yeah, you're in a driving seat position so you don't have to gamble.

Last year I also had my best ever start (though not as good as yours). Was around 15k at GW6 then had a bad run which brought me down to 75k 3 GWs later but tried not to panick, kept it the safest possible (particularly with captain choices - the FFS poll worked a treat -), trusted the "balance" of my team and slowly made my way back up again into top 10k and even into top 1k a few times for a final finish of 1663.
    So if I could give you 1 advice that's to play it safe yeah :cool:.

Yeah, you're in a driving seat position so you don't have to gamble.

Last year I also had my best ever start (though not as good as yours). Was around 15k at GW6 then had a bad run which brought me down to 75k 3 GWs later but tried not to panick, kept it the safest possible (particularly with captain choices - the FFS poll worked a treat -), trusted the "balance" of my team and slowly made my way back up again into top 10k and even into top 1k a few times for a final finish of 1663.
    So if I could give you 1 advice that's to play it safe yeah :cool:.

I have to admit that this forum did at least half of the work, and I watched more games / highlights this season, too.

Early days anyway but it feels good so far. My work and private league are about to kick me out:D

Long way to go - it was only 8 games so far. There are better players out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Career high rank of 8660, totally over the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Seems appropriate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

78 points and up to 9k

Very happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

82 points brings me from 61k to 19k.

Thank you Kun Aguero. I knew the week would come when he'd repay my faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

My 85 leaves me just inside top 17,000. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Website seems to be down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ended up getting a rise of 3k places this week to get to 16k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Seems appropriate

It's been a great week for the majority of the forum alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

84 brings me from 860k to 320k. 2 transfers this week so hopefully I can push on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Safe to say I'm enjoying this year so far. Got 88 points this week whilst banking my transfer in the process. Have done my transfer with Chadli and Baines coming in so I'm even happier with how I'm set up for the coming weeks.

I'm also enjoying the rise still. Yet to see a red arrow but that'll definitely change in the coming weeks.

1.1m -> 255k -> 217k -> 124k -> 60k -> 11k -> 10k -> 2k.

A bad week is certainly coming but have a great cushion in my friends league which is obviously the most important one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Nice jump from 282K to 99K. Inside the top 100K for the first time this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Things must be bunched very closely in the game at the most, certainly from 10k - 150k anyway. One good week or bad week can have a big effect in ranking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

bombed to 1.3 million after my gw4 wildcard which had Costa "rested" for a week in favour of captain balotelli .......75 this week has seen green arrows again. up to 225 k now . Last night was a "what could have been " with falcao captain.still a good week but some big decisions ahead this week and a possible 4 point hit or else continue agueroless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Feels like an air show over here, all I see are the red arrows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ended on 94, which I'm obviously delighted with. I end the GW on 9,896, up from around 74k.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

57 in the end for me, decidedly average. Gone from 2k to 9.5k overall, but still leading my leagues. Already did 3 transfers to get on the Aguero and Tadic trains, hoping there's no surprises during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Continuos rise throughout despite all the VC's & Bench replacements to take place.

Inside the Top 100 in Ireland

&

Inside the Top 900 Overall

Delighted with that on a Tuesday morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Have been around the 5k mark most weeks up until now but thanks to Ageuro VC now up to 1,706 place with 86 points this week.

The only way is down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No. Still early days. Only 8 GWs played. Even the hectic Christmas period is in a far enough future. Then there's the January WC. Maybe a couple of DGWs (though there should be less this year since PL changed some rules about PL games being played at the same time than European competitions games if I'm not mistaken). I haven't mentionned weather disruptions which could mess things up.
    I didn't mean people on here particularly, but I know there's always players in my private leagues that have a bad gameweeek, say sod that, and don't make a transfer for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ended up on 66 points, moving me up 90k places to 209k.

Costa will be a worry, but I've had him from the very beginning so I can afford to take a hit on him if he does happen to slide over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

69K after all is said and done! Delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ended up on 90 and a rise of 68k places to just inside the top 15k. Really happy with that.

• Advertisement

its very tough to break into the boards.ie top 100 lol ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

65 and green arrows but not sure how to feel after scoring 38 points from Aguero & only 27 from the remaining 10 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I hate you all individually.

Dropped from 28k to 116k.

Ouch.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I hate you all individually.

Dropped from 28k to 116k.

Ouch.

thats almost the exact jump I made - thanks for keeping the seat nice and warm for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Nearly in the top 500 that will do for me

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

score of 85 sees me up to 65k, happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

This thread does weird things to perception. I thought I'd had a rubbish week, but my 73 points has seen me jump up to 20k. Pleasantly surprised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

red arrows 56pts 129k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

81 points brings me to 22k overall.

2nd in my private league thanks to captaining Aguero. I’m only 3 points off the leader now.

The leader in my league doesn’t have Aguero so I think he’ll need alot of reshuffling to get him – all the while Aguero’s price will rise 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

69 pts bring me inside top 30k.

Considering I don't have Aguero and I vice-captained Di Maria I'd say it's a great week :).

Advertisement