Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 8 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not to worry, he'll score again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

who wouldve got the assist for the aguero pen

Silva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Dier yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dier yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

14 points for captain Aguero so far, had he scored that he'd have been on 26 pts pre-bonus. This game is a cruel mistress. Still fancy him to atone for that miss though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

jebforever wrote: »
    Silva

Typical that peno miss cost me 15 pts:mad:

Typical that peno miss cost me 15 pts:mad:

Same here, have faith though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Capt Aguero losing me points with that miss in both FPL and Ultimate, but Lloris is my GK in Ultimate so some solace there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aguero scores two and is my captain, feel strangely deflates though. Odd how a pen miss changes so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

league leader has aguero (c) so I'm hoping he doesn't go mad. I do have him in myself too but armband is on di maria :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dahat wrote: »
    Aguero scores two and is my captain, feel strangely deflates though. Odd how a pen miss changes so much.

I'd have taken 14 points after 45mins.... But 26... 26 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

God I'm glad I have kun already. Some serious chopping of teams to get him in next week I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

By my reading Aguero is still on for 3 BPs despite the penalty miss, is that right?

Aguero 38
    Eriksen 27
    Lloris 23

PARlance wrote: »

Yep,hope he gets another to restore the joy we felt after the second went oni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

please don't anyone else buy aguero until after Moscow game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

By my reading Aguero is still on for 3 BPs despite the penalty miss, is that right?

Aguero 38
    Eriksen 27
    Lloris 23

The penalty miss will still count a shot on target so won't do too much damage regards bonus points

God I'm glad I have kun already. Some serious chopping of teams to get him in next week I'd say.

ye the midfield template will have to be ripped up by a lot of people. Good for the game IMO.

Aguero 38
    Eriksen 27
    Lloris 23

Correct but a long time left and his other misses (like pen rebound) wont be included till after the match ends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Aguero 38
    Eriksen 27
    Lloris 23

If it finishes as is then I think he'd be a cert for 3 points. The winning goal bps has yet to kick in too.
    Hopefully he'll get another few winning goals :)

Aguero is on fire, could've had 2 or 3 against Villa and should have 4 today in the first half alone. That missed penalty hurts but I reckon there's another goal in it for him in the second half, missing out on the Silva assist was a real kick in the teeth.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »

Ye Im pissed off now. Have silva aswell so couldve been on 39 from 2 at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Wow, Aguero looks good. Glad I stuck by my guns three weeks ago to wildcard him and ADM in. Welbeck (c) Aguero (vc) so penalty miss didn't hurt as much as others

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

PARlance wrote: »

The way Spurs are defending there's a good chance he'll still get 26. Hope he doesn't lose penalties to Yaya now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Silva looks really, really good too. His runs off Aguero are superb and he's excellent at finding those little pockets of space. Obviously very unlucky not to have an assist too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Strange that City let him take a second one. They used to rotate if there was a second peno in a game.

Yaya and Tevez have both taken second penos in a game in the past while Aguero was still on.

Paully D wrote: »
    Silva looks really, really good too. His runs off Aguero are superb and he's excellent at finding those little pockets of space. Obviously very unlucky not to have an assist too.

Easily one of the best players on the pitch and in the league, only thing is that he's probably the best player in the league for assisting the assist. Not that he doesn't get the assists but he's so heavily involved with how City play that he often starts an attacking move rather than finishing them off.

Paully D wrote: »

Ive had silva since GW3 and its been nothing but heartbreak. He has been so close to double digits in nearly every game and has been class. Just not getting the FF points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That miss takes some shine off, but i'd have still take that Aguero points haul at the start of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Delighted to have captained Aguero over Costa this week given ive captained the latter almost ever other week. Feels great to be able to relax for the weekend now knowing my captain has done well. Hope i don't jinx him now!

A peno miss later...

Hmm... How to revert that? Aguero is so crap, can't score 2 penos in a row. He's really useless. The guy just can't get a hat-trick. Costa can, even when "injured". Aguero's so much overrated and overpriced in this game. Should have sold him for Falcao. Can't wait for Rooney to be back to make the switch. That should be enough counterjinxing, right? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lemlin wrote: »
    Strange that City let him take a second one. They used to rotate if there was a second peno in a game.

Yaya and Tevez have both taken second penos in a game in the past while Aguero was still on.

Lampard went off before the peno, Yaya on the bench, no other striker on. Not a big surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id recommend taking a look @ fantasyfootballfix.com

The gameweek live page is very useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Dearg81 wrote: »
    The way Spurs are defending there's a good chance he'll still get 26. Hope he doesn't lose penalties to Yaya now though.

He was on pens earlier in the season with Yaya on the pitch?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Trrew a tenner on Aguero two or more score and just hope Costa, Pelle and Welbeck do the business.

Collymore just tweeted that Costa isn't on the Chelsea team bus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SlickRic wrote: »

Super!

• Advertisement

Ian Abrahams (Moose) ‏@BroadcastMoose 54s seconds ago
    I assume Loic Remy will start today, confirmed team news at 2pm

@SiClancy Protected Tweets 6m6 minutes ago
    Be interesting to see how Chelsea cope without Diego Costa today. Not in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

SlickRic wrote: »

Link??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

No Costa means Ulloa is coming off the bench for me. Could work out nicely.

Obertan now is your time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

George Boyd do me proud!

I am really really beginning to dislike Costa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aguero as captain it is then. van Aanholt comes on as my first sub. Come on now Sergio, bag another!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Augero should have had about 100 points by now

This could yet be the ultimate Mourinho troll.

This is a day when the casuals with a shít subs bench could suffer.

Nib wrote: »
    This could yet be the ultimate Mourinho troll.

he cud have been smuggled in in a laundry basket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Aguero looks different physically this season, less bulk..... nadal did it to cut out injuries and looks like aguero has too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm now pronouncing that my decision to Vice captain Ivanovic is genius as he's surely going to replace Costa up front :pac:

Would have prefered a cameo for Costa tbh to rule out the Aguero vc people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement