Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church Street, Finglas, Dublin

Options
  • 18-10-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi There

I am looking up possible places to buy a house, I see 3 houses in a row for sale on Church street in finglas village, Facing shops and beside the old graveyard, I know there is a bar along the street. Can anyone tell me if there is any problems with this street, anti social behaviour etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Probably not the right forum for this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from Reality TV (!) to Accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I believe these were listed by another agent for nearly three years, who tried to get us to view a couple of times but we declined.
    On paper, plenty of space, reasonably attractive frontage, but we weren't keen because of
    1) the shops and pub opposite - you'll always be chasing access, either your carpark will be used by locals or you can't get out as you're blocked in by someone just parking for 'five minutes'
    2) foot traffic is to/from the dodgier parts of Finglas
    3) I think (but am happy to be corrected!) there is a drug rehabilitation clinic nearby on Wellmount Rd (try looking for information about Finn Eber, an estate 2mins away - which is also why we avoided Finn Eber)
    4) the Capagh hospital side of Finglas isn't the 'better side', the Glasnevin side is.

If you are looking as a landlord, yes you'll probably get tenants there without a bother, but if you are looking as a owner occupier, I would say you are buying the best house in a not very great street.

We have brought in D11 ourselves (and expect to be in by Christmas).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The houses look very well from the outside - the drug rehabilitation centre is for people who are coming off drugs - I've never seen any antisocial behaviour from the centre - there's a vegetable garden attached to it - lovely centre. I haven't seen the back of the houses but I have a feeling they may be extremely over looked by the apartments - that would be of a bigger concern to me.

If you were seriously interested in buying I'd ask if you could rent and live the property for a month (they have been on the market for years) - and see how you feel then.

Advertisement