Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting little quiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

3 our of 7 - I only guess too high once.

My excuse is I don't know the areas in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

1 out of 7. Those prices are shocking! Surely the last one can't even be legal??!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Julia85331

God that's depressing! Already dreading next May when my lease is up.
    If our rent goes up even by €50 it's pushed us past our limit and we'll be house hunting again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

0 out of 7..and I thought each was over priced when I picked the cheapest option..2700 a month for a 2 bed is atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

That last one can't be real, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

real it was on broadsheet at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Why would anyone rent for €5000 per month? Even someone only in Dublin for 6 months and earning huge money would have the sense not to throw money away like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Why would anyone rent for €5000 per month? Even someone only in Dublin for 6 months and earning huge money would have the sense not to throw money away like that.

Those are usually corporate lettings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Those are usually corporate lettings.

Yes- and often the terms may be that the rental is held indefinitely on behalf of the company, with a minimum of 3-4 months rental per annum, possibly all 12- but a minimum of 3-4 months specified. It'll be equipped to a very high standard- and could have gigabit fibre optic connections etc.

You're not looking at the main rental market here- you're looking at an incredibly small subsection of the market.

This would be like the corporate lettings to Pratt and Whitney that were recently tendered for- they bring executives over for a few months from the states for particular projects- they have the right to bring their families with them- and they expect a certain standard that is readily available in the normal market.

Advertisement