Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grove Island leisure complex

• 18-10-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this gym?

If you do what are the facilities like, only interested in the gym? Is there a free weights section etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this gym?

If you do what are the facilities like, only interested in the gym? Is there a free weights section etc...

Yes there's a free weights section. Staff tended to sit there passively, I'd run it differently.

You're subscription would cover a pool and sauna as well even if you don't intend to use them. Meaning it's priced in.

It was never too busy, only ever had to wait a couple of minutes for a particular piece of equipment even at the most busy times.

You should look for the 180 euro for six months option if interested.

I used it at first for the machines, but when I progressed onto the free weights I just bought my own for home.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

smcgiff wrote: »
    Yes there's a free weights section. Staff tended to sit there passively, I'd run it differently.

You're subscription would cover a pool and sauna as well even if you don't intend to use them. Meaning it's priced in.

It was never too busy, only ever had to wait a couple of minutes for a particular piece of equipment even at the most busy times.

You should look for the 180 euro for six months option if interested.

I used it at first for the machines, but when I progressed onto the free weights I just bought my own for home.

Thanks,

I did not expect it to be a fully stocked bodybuilding gym but I am living close by and it would be very handy for me, I might pop in and take a look someday.

I am mainly just looking for somewhere with a good free weights section in the city centre. Anyone has any alternative suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Thanks,

I did not expect it to be a fully stocked bodybuilding gym but I am living close by and it would be very handy for me, I might pop in and take a look someday.

I am mainly just looking for somewhere with a good free weights section in the city centre. Anyone has any alternative suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

My advice would be to ask for a trial session or just pay the 7 odd euro for one go. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

smcgiff wrote: »
    My advice would be to ask for a trial session or just pay the 7 odd euro for one go. Good luck.

Thanks, appreciate the advice

Advertisement