Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy wanted cash in hand

Options
  • 18-10-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Alright lads have a few €€'s burning a hole in my pocket so am looking to buy my first candy,ive been in contact with mutecity on adverts about his atomiswave and a lad on donedeal with a few Naomis but both are not forthcoming with more info or pics(although mutecity has had family problems and will send them during the week)
    Or im hoping that someone here has one at home that they might part with that they haven't put up for sale:-)
    Also looking at an blast city from ronnie, have any of you dealt with him?
    Getting an itchy finger and wanna pull the trigger on one of these haha
    any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Must be less candys around than I thought :-)
    Decided I want an atomiswave

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Keep in mind the Atomiswave has a single player cp so budget for a replacement.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Keep in mind the Atomiswave has a single player cp so budget for a replacement.

Cheers ciderman,yeah have seen that said on other sites,guess no one else will get a go :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

I bought my Blast from Ronnie a few years back (to the UK) . Good service. What you pay in international delivery you'll never get back.
    Also, cabs of that vintage that have come from arcades will never look as good in person as in pics. It took a good amount of time to clean the nicotine off inside and out. It's always preferable to buy from someone who has already lovingly restored...
    Great cabs though with the trisync, jamma and jvs if you're lucky.

PaulPriest wrote: »
    I bought my Blast from Ronnie a few years back (to the UK) . Good service. What you pay in international delivery you'll never get back.
    Also, cabs of that vintage that have come from arcades will never look as good in person as in pics. It took a good amount of time to clean the nicotine off inside and out. It's always preferable to buy from someone who has already lovingly restored...
    Great cabs though with the trisync, jamma and jvs if you're lucky.
    Cheers mate ye i understand ye never really very back all the money you put in,which can be said for most things I suppose:-)
    Will stay on the hunt I'm sure something will come my way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would offer that Ronnies cabs, particularly the likes of the AWSD, are priced pretty keenly and the price of shipping is up front.
    I have found that the majority of sellers do seek the shipping back, charging a few hundred over what Ronnie looks for his more common cabinets.
    This cab for €825 including shipping is pretty good.
    Blast%20(4).jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I have found that the majority of sellers do seek the shipping back, charging a few hundred over what Ronnie looks for his more common cabinets.

In fairness I think it would only be fair to try to recover what you paid in shipping fees. I know I expected to pay it when I got mine. I'm sure Ronnie picks his cabs up cheap enough in Japan, same with cars in Japan. Cheap to buy, then you get caught with shipping, vat, duty and vrt:(. I know Steve had an issue when he got his Egret from Ronnie but has Oisin got a couple from Ronnie without any problems. I got a mail from this crowd a while back about cabs, a lot have them seem to be sold since though. Prices seem a lot lower than Ronnie, but not sure how much shipping and taxes would cost either. Quality may be another issue, that is a nice Blast above.
    http://www.welink.cc/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=62

I would offer that Ronnies cabs, particularly the likes of the AWSD, are priced pretty keenly and the price of shipping is up front.
    Blast%20(4).jpg

Yeah was looking at this one mate,I'm going to view a blast city here in Ireland on Tuesday so if alls good ill go for that one,don't even know what to look for haha

Tons of candy owners here, ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Yeah was looking at this one mate,I'm going to view a blast city here in Ireland on Tuesday so if alls good ill go for that one,don't even know what to look for haha

Well, the control panels aren't available new anymore, and are reasonably rare, especially since many of them got used to convert Bass Fishing and the likes in the US.
    Ideally you want the '001' wiring loom (JVS, and Jamma). You want the trisync (MS-2931 or MS-2933), or some replacement tube+chassis you're happy with. You don't really want a MS-2932 which is 31kHz only (this is all assuming you want authentic 15kHz and JAMMA, and not just to run MAME at 640x480).

You don't really want too many dings in the gelcoat since you're not going to be able to easily repair them, and the same goes for artwork: you''ll be stuck between repro art or living with it.

Sticks, buttons, CP wiring looms are all easy enough to come by...

Generally speaking though, as with any cab, it's the screen you should care most about: geometry, burn, time to startup and settle down to steady state etc.

• Advertisement

Fixits coming to see my Blast!
    The last of my sweet sweet candy....
    -Brand new 2P 6 button CP with new sanwa sticks and buttons (1.5years ago new)
    -001 loom
    -MS-2931 very very slight burn on bottom center.
    -Converted original PSU so no step down needed.
    -all locks and keys
    -Arts a little rough

Nice condition in my eyes but certainly not a "minter"!

Last time I bought off ronnie it was 250 for delivery and 50 for a stepdown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

urbanledge wrote: »
    Fixits coming to see my Blast!
    The last of my sweet sweet candy....
    -Brand new 2P 6 button CP with new sanwa sticks and buttons (1.5years ago new)
    -001 loom
    -MS-2931 very very slight burn on bottom center.
    -Converted original PSU so no step down needed.
    -all locks and keys
    -Arts a little rough

Nice condition in my eyes but certainly not a "minter"!

Last time I bought off ronnie it was 250 for delivery and 50 for a stepdown
    Looked pretty nice when I seen it.
    More room for pinballs?

Looked pretty nice when I seen it.
    More room for pinballs?

Yea basically !
    If I move the blast I can move my donkey kong into its spot and fit a 3rd pin in the dining room :D

played it for about an hour yesterday.lovely

Well I picked up urbans blast city this morning
    And after lifting it up 2 flights of stairs(with only my other half for help):-)
    She is finally in her finally resting place,
    Thanks to urban for all his help looking forward to some serious hours on this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

FixitFelix wrote: »
    She is finally in her finally resting place

The cab or your other half?

Excellent!
    Glad she's safe.
    Serious weight in the monitor isn't there?
    Was honestly sad to see it go. No candy left in my house......

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    Excellent!
    Glad she's safe.
    Serious weight in the monitor isn't there?
    Was honestly sad to see it go. No candy left in my house......

I don't even know who you are anymore! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement