Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repair to door and panel Honda Civic 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That back door was repaired before by the looks of it.

I'm not a repairer but I'd imagine repairing would be under €1000 assuming no new panels go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

It was before i bought it. why i'm thinking i should just replace it .

To be fair it would have been grand!

Finding a used one without dents would be tricky, they're very prone to dings. In my (unqualified) opinion you'd be as well off filling it again. Its the quarter panel that got the worst of it and that's a pig of a job to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Possibly better to fix those dents and scratches cheaply, and keep the savings to buy better tyres. Might save you more dents in the future :D

CiniO wrote: »
    Possibly better to fix those dents and scratched cheaply, and keep the savings to buy better tyres. Might save you more dents in the future :D

Miaow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Possibly better to fix those dents and scratched cheaply, and keep the savings to buy better tyres. Might save you more dents in the future :D

I was waiting for someone like you to come along :rolleyes:

This might give you a bit of an idea of what it will cost op.

http://www.carcraft.ie/price-list.html

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I was waiting for someone like you to come along :rolleyes:

Well, as OP has got one of the worst tyres available on the market fitted to his car, I though it would be appropriate to mention this fact to him, as he genuinely might not be aware of that.

In fairness i didn't know at the time how crap those tyre's are and it was either be hit by her or pull in .Didn't see the Metal post out a foot from the wall after the bend

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Hey guys, have this model Civic myself, Buying 4 new tyres on Monday Any advice welcomed. ?

Know nothing about which tyre brand to buy.

• Advertisement

DaraDali wrote: »
    Hey guys, have this model Civic myself, Buying 4 new tyres on Monday Any advice welcomed. ?

Not triangle - that's for sure.

Well, as OP has got one of the worst tyres available on the market fitted to his car, I though it would be appropriate to mention this fact to him, as he genuinely might not be aware of that.

What does it matter what tyres are fitted to the op's car? What relevance is it to the op's question?

Maybe if you came down off your horse and offered the op advice on their query it might be more helpful.

What does it matter what tyres are fitted to the op's car?
    Matters, because safety depends on it.
    What relevance is it to the op's question?
    Absolutely none. I pointed this as off topic, just because I noticed it.
    Maybe if you came down off your horse and offered the op advice on their query it might be more helpful.
    I can't offer OP any advice on his query because I don't know answer to his question.

Thanks for the link, it's a good rough idea
    This might give you a bit of an idea of what it will cost op.

http://www.carcraft.ie/price-list.html

I became aware the first day it rained plus they make some noise on corners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

What does it matter what tyres are fitted to the op's car? What relevance is it to the op's question?

Hmm lets see, maybe the op wasn't aware of how crap the tyres were on the car.

Is the Motor Body WorkShop in Kilcoole Closed, or any one have any info on the Chek Motor Trading Limited. or even recommend someone that does good work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

DaraDali wrote: »

the best ones you can afford.

If you're buying tyres at the low end of the scale, a brand you've heard of is a start, don't be fooled by the old "they're pirellis budget brand" or "they're made in the same factory as Bridgestone" or "we're selling loads of these King Wong ones, I have them on my own car"

Why do i even Bother using Boards , always goes off topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

depending on where you are in Wicklow, Kavanaghs in Arklow are very good http://ie.kompass.com/c/paul-kavanagh-auto-body-shop/ie8365035/

D&W in Wicklow town are good too http://dwcrashrepairs.ie/

Advertisement