Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

G1032 wrote: »
    I can keep my template midfield and Costa, Aguero and Welbeck and get Baines in if I go

Clyne - Baines
    PVA - Hutton (or cheaper)
    Fabianski - Krul or Foster

This would be a -4. Would it be a good idea?
    No Pelle, no Tadic, no Southampton at all!!

This part is not a good idea IMO.

Baines takes set-pieces
    Antibac wrote: »
    But he took them last year also and was outscored?

Was he injured? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Coleman gets more goals from play, or has done. He is the highest goal scoring defender in the PL over the past 12 months with 8 goals I think.

So its a matter of whether you think Coleman will continue to get on the end of tap ins and hit the odd screamer. Given they are practically the same money the man with the set pieces, direct fks and penalties has to be statistically the better bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

kolczastyy wrote: »
    but is costs you 0,3M then. do you think still worth?

I think he'll drop .1 maybe even .2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

The team that's 7th in the world seems to have it all!!

Krul, Gilks

Alderweireld, Baines, Duff, Dummett, Wisdom

Fab, Sterling, ADM, Siggy, Gibson

Aguero, Coata, Welbeck

Out of top 15 teams in the world:

11 have Baines
    12 have ADM
    5 have Fabregas
    8 have Sterling

Only 3 of the worlds top 10 teams have Sterling.

I know that the overall placings don't mean much yet and I wouldn't pay huge attention to their teams at this early stage but still.....!!

I'd much rather get a look at the FFS HoF teams and see how many of the top guys have Baines and what their teams look like. Won't be able to check that out until this evening so if someone has the time/access could they do this??!!:)

HoF Baines analysis below

HoF Rank GW Transfers Southampton Attack Baines Fabregas ADM Sterling
    1 0 Pelle 1 1 1 1
    2 0 Davis 1 1 1
    3 0 Tadic 1 1
    4 0 1 1 1 1
    5 0 1 1 1
    6 0 1 1 1
    7 0 Tadic, Pelle 1 1 1
    8 0 Tadic 1 1 1
    9 0 1 1 1
    10 1 Pelle 1 1 1

Summary –
    4 have Baines
    8 have Fabregas
    10 have ADM
    9 have Sterling

Just half of them have Southampton attacking cover (I’m not going to include Davis). Only one has both Pelle and Tadic.

Only one player has made his transfer this week already. He already has Pelle and it’s possible he switched Ivanovic to Baines (I’m going to assume this because it’s unlikely he brought in Tadic when he already has Pelle)

Incidentally just 4 of those guys have Aguero!!

None of them seem to be selling Sterling or ADM just yet anyway. Anyone who doesn’t have Southampton attacking cover hasn’t rushed out to get it. They seem none too concerned about having Aguero.

So make what you will of that!! I’m still none the wiser about what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Thinking of taking a 4 point hit to get in Aguero, my team is currently:

Begovic, Mannone
    Moreno, Ivanovic, Clyne, Hutton, Coloccini
    Fabregas, Sterling, Sigurdsson, Di Maria, Zaha
    Costa, Pelle, Ulloa

I've got 2 FT and .9 in the bank so I was thinking

Ivanovic -> Taylor
    Di Maria -> Chadli
    Ulloa -> Aguero

Is it too much downgrading both Ivanovic and Di Maria just to get Aguero?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

The team that's 7th in the world seems to have it all!!

Krul, Gilks

Alderweireld, Baines, Duff, Dummett, Wisdom

Fab, Sterling, ADM, Siggy, Gibson

Aguero, Coata, Welbeck

Yes but what's impossible is to have Pellè instead of Welbeck in this all star "dream" team.

Re selling Sterling... Went from

I know that the overall placings don't mean much yet and I wouldn't pay huge attention to their teams at this early stage but still.....!!
    Yeaaa :D... to
    HoF top 10 Baines analysis below
    9 have Sterling
    Nayyy :(...

Incidentally just 4 of those guys have Aguero!!
    Very surprised at that :confused:.

iroced wrote: »
    Yes but what's impossible is to have Pellè instead of Welbeck in this all star "dream" team.

Re selling Sterling... Went from
    Yeaaa :D... to
    Nayyy :(...

Very surprised at that :confused:.

I did say that I'd like to have the HoF data as the rankings at the moment mean less to me than what the HoF guys are doing.
    I then went and got the HoF data and it paints a different picture........

Just trying to get as much info as possible because as has been pointed out here already, this could well be a defining week in the FF season.

Re Pelle....Personally I'm just as happy to have Welbeck as have Pelle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Due to penos baines has a 20 to 30 pt head start.

But he was on them last year too and they finished up with very similar points returns. Coleman had slightly more points but played slightly more, I didn't do the maths but I think Baines just about edged him on a points per game basis.
    This year Coleman is averaging 6.6 points a game, Baines only 5.5.

Early days yet but I can't see any real points difference between them this year either.
    I think people get blinded a bit by the penos, set pieces. Yes it's an advantage but in general play Coleman makes up for that, and I think he's only getting better.

I only had 6.9 for a defender without a mini overhaul so I went for Coleman. I would have preferred (the safety in numbers of) Baines @ 7.0 but ultimately I see them matching each other so I'm not really concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I did say that I'd like to have the HoF data as the rankings at the moment mean less to me than what the HoF guys are doing.
    I then went and got the HoF data and it paints a different picture........
    Yes I know. That's precisely the reason why I'm getting nervous now (I sold Sterling to accomodate Pellè).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think Coleman is a great choice, but the new BPS system also seems to favor Baines more. He took 3 baps last weekend while Coleman took 1 and killed him overall

iroced wrote: »
    Yes I know. That's precisely the reason why I'm getting nervous now (I sold Sterling to accomodate Pellè).

This is doing my nut. I'm seriously considering going down the 'no Southampton' route. Keep my midfield, keep my attack and still get Baines. It'll cost me 4 points but I'm basically choosing Sterling over Tadic. That's what it's coming down to for me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    But he was on them last year too and they finished up with very similar points returns. Coleman had slightly more points but played slightly more, I didn't do the maths but I think Baines just about edged him on a points per game basis.
    This year Coleman is averaging 6.6 points a game, Baines only 5.5.

Early days yet but I can't see any real points difference between them this year either.
    I think people get blinded a bit by the penos, set pieces. Yes it's an advantage but in general play Coleman makes up for that, and I think he's only getting better.

I only had 6.9 for a defender without a mini overhaul so I went for Coleman. I would have preferred (the safety in numbers of) Baines @ 7.0 but ultimately I see them matching each other so I'm not really concerned.
    I suppose baines has done it over more seasons than coleman is maybe another way of looking at it. Im staying away from both for now anyway. I reckon baines is a better option for our teams when coleman doesnt play as everton attack more down the left as there is no point giving the ball out to hibbert whereas when coleman plays they have great attacking full backs on both sides.

I really want hazard and sanchez in my team for gw 10 home to qpr and burnley respectively. Now to figure out a way of doing it.
    I was all on for baines but the way Im looking at it is baines moore or azpil kaboul. Azpil Kaboul for me.

I think Im now going to get wisdom in 3 nice fixtures coming up and most importantly gives me the .4 I need to be able to get hazard and sanchez in for adm and silva.

I think Im now going to get wisdom in 3 nice fixtures coming up and most importantly gives me the .4 I need to be able to get hazard and sanchez in for adm and silva.

Are you going Hazard + Fab?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lemlin wrote: »
    For me the template front 3 is Pelle Costa Aguero, not Wellbeck. I've looked at my team and its impossible to have the template midfield and have Pelle. Now I'm monitoring Wellbeck but Pelle outscored him by 8 at the weekend (and has been outscoring him previously). He also has another home game this weekend. No way would I transfer him out at the minute.

As others have said, my option is:

Baines + Wellbeck vs Kaboul + Pelle.

I'm going to go with Kaboul + Pelle for now. I don't think there'll be much difference and I only need one transfer for it.

Why take Pelle v welbeck into consideration on this, surely it has to be Baines + Welbeck v Kaboul + Pelle & over the last few weeks Option 1 has been outscoring them. Welbeck is playing Sunderland this week, can see no reason to take him out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Almost decided on GW9 transfers (2FT):

Azpi ˃ Baines
    ADM ˃ Eriksen

Baine’s next fixtures are great: Burnley (A), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A), West Ham (H).
    To get him 1 of my top midfielders (ADM, Fabregas, Sterling) has to go…
    First I planned to ship Sterling (tiredness issues + 2 CL games against Real Madrid) but I could only afford Tadic (already have Forster&Pellè and perhaps 3 southampton players would be too much) or Chadli. Tottenham also has a great run: Newcastle (H), Villa (A), Stoke (H), Hull (A) and imo Eriksen will get good returns.
    ADM’s sacrifice is a big decision… he has been carrying MU on his shoulders and only PL to worry about, nevertheless MU’s next games are: Chelsea (H), City (A), Palace (H), Arsenal (A).

Also this move will make the funds to switch Fab ˃ Hazard next GW

Question is if I can wait on pulling the trigger until tomorrow night when Everton/Tottenham already played their EL games and IF azpi/ADM don’t go down in price (unlikely)?

Anyone to talk me out of it??

I suppose baines has done it over more seasons than coleman is maybe another way of looking at it. Im staying away from both for now anyway. I reckon baines is a better option for our teams when coleman doesnt play as everton attack more down the left as there is no point giving the ball out to hibbert whereas when coleman plays they have great attacking full backs on both sides.

Interesting theory here and another thing to think about. Have you data for points scored by Baines when Coleman has/has not played?
    It'd interesting to see those figures...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Interesting theory here and another thing to think about. Have you data for points scored by Baines when Coleman has/has not played?

I had a quick look into that and I couldn't see much, too small of a sample size really.

However, I did see a stat recently...think it was Jamie Carragher on SS's as he was praising Coleman....
    Everton:
    Last 5 games without Coleman = No Wins
    Last 5 games with Coleman = No Defeats

Baines & Coleman...they're good for each other :)

bezuaua wrote: »
    Question is if I can wait on pulling the trigger until tomorrow night when Everton/Tottenham already played their EL games and IF azpi/ADM don’t go down in price (unlikely)?

Anyone to talk me out of it??

Depends what price you bough ADM at, but FFF doesn't have him dropping for the next two days. Azpi is red flagged so it will take more transfers than normal for him to drop (but if you bought him at 6.0m it wouldn't matter anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PARlance wrote: »
    I had a quick look into that and I couldn't see much, too small of a sample size really.

However, I did see a stat recently...think it was Jamie Carragher on SS's as he was praising Coleman....
    Everton:
    Last 5 games without Coleman = No Wins
    Last 5 games with Coleman = No Defeats

Baines & Coleman...they're good for each other :)

With should be 1 defeat & 1 draw.

Capture34.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭larchielads

Costa and cattermole for berahino and hazard (already have fab) or costa and siggy for hazard and welbeck. Siggy and costa out for sanchez and welbeck.

Possible line ups. Siggy di maria hazard fab tadic berahino pelle aguero
    or
    Hazard di maria fab tadic cattermole welbeck pelke aguero
    or
    sanchez tadic fab di maria cattermole welbeck pelle aguero

I know di maria is a doubt at the min but that could change.

Went from 6th to 2nd in my league now wanna push on and itll only cost me -4 to get any of those line ups
    what you think lads ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Why take Pelle v welbeck into consideration on this, surely it has to be Baines + Welbeck v Kaboul + Pelle & over the last few weeks Option 1 has been outscoring them. Welbeck is playing Sunderland this week, can see no reason to take him out either.

I don't have Wellbeck. At present I have Pelle and my planned transfer is PvA to Kaboul. That means I can get Kaboul and Pelle with one transfer. To get Wellbeck and Baines, I'd need two transfers as I have neither.

Re Baines outscoring Kaboul, he has in the past but I'm looking at future fixtures. Kaboul is now moving into a set of fixtures where I'd expect his points to improve. Spurs have already played Arsenal, City and Liverpool. Pochettino (sp?) is also a manager who had Saints good at keeping clean sheets. Spurs already have 3 clean sheets in eight games. I haven't checked stats but I'd imagine that is as good as any team.

26 Oct 13:30 Gameweek 9 Newcastle (H)
    02 Nov 16:00 Gameweek 10 Aston Villa (A)
    09 Nov 13:30 Gameweek 11 Stoke (H)
    23 Nov 16:00 Gameweek 12 Hull (A)
    30 Nov 16:00 Gameweek 13 Everton (H)
    03 Dec 19:45 Gameweek 14 Chelsea (A)
    06 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 15 Crystal Palace (H)
    14 Dec 16:00 Gameweek 16 Swansea (A)
    20 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 17 Burnley (H)
    26 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 18 Leicester (A)
    28 Dec 12:00 Gameweek 19 Man Utd (H)
    01 Jan 17:30 Gameweek 20 Chelsea (H)
    10 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 21 Crystal Palace (A)

There are only two fixtures in the next 13 where I wouldn't be happy to play Kaboul (Chelsea home and away). Everton and United I'd also try to avoid playing him but other than that it's plain sailing until the January wildcard.

That's great value for 5 million IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any Spurs fan on here? Any idea why Vertongen has fallen out of favour? Seems to be dropped every so often for Chirces/Fazio.

That Spurs lineup looks great - definitely worth having Kabol/Rose in your team with those fixtures.

Out of top 15 teams in the world:

11 have Baines
    12 have ADM
    5 have Fabregas
    8 have Sterling

I'd much rather get a look at the FFS HoF teams and see how many of the top guys have Baines and what their teams look like. Won't be able to check that out until this evening so if someone has the time/access could they do this??!!:)
    Top 10 in the world is a bit pear shaped at the moment - I'm guessing all of them had Aguero/Tadic captained last week - probably skews that as a Baines analysis.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Any Spurs fan on here? Any idea why Vertongen has fallen out of favour? Seems to be dropped every so often for Chirces/Fazio.

That Spurs lineup looks great - definitely worth having Kabol/Rose in your team with those fixtures.

Apparently refusing to sign a new contract

No sorry mate no data just something I was thinking about could be nothing in it.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Are you going Hazard + Fab?

Ye ill have both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Aaron Ramsey scored 2 at the Stadium of Light last season. Just in case any of ye are considerin' goin down a different route altogether :)

Apparently refusing to sign a new contract

Don't think so, was back in the team after that fall out but left out for City because he was tired afaik. Naughton is due back very soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    Aaron Ramsey scored 2 at the Stadium of Light last season. Just in case any of ye are considerin' goin down a different route altogether :)

Are you hopping back on board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Are you hopping back on board?

As F.C. Ramsey Brigadier it will only be a matter of time...

• Advertisement

LostArt wrote: »
    Don't think so, was back in the team after that fall out but left out for City because he was tired afaik. Naughton is due back very soon too

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/25/jan-vertonghen-not-signing-new-contract-tottenham-hotspur

Lol, I heard it on a podcast and assumed it was up at the end of the season. 4 years left :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭internet_user

I'd have thought chiriches and vertonghan would be the first choice center back pairing..but maybe I'm just biased as they brought me to champions league glory in fm14 :p

Top 10 in the world is a bit pear shaped at the moment - I'm guessing all of them had Aguero/Tadic captained last week - probably skews that as a Baines analysis.

No doubt. It's skewed a bit alright. But look a few posts down from that one and you'll see the FFS Hall of Fame team stats. Those I'd pay a lot more attention to.

I think we need Swiper to come and tell us which Spurs CB he expects to be dropped soon so that we can all snap him up :pac:

Love you really foxy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think we need Swiper to come and tell us which Spurs CB he expects to be dropped soon so that we can all snap him up :pac:

Love you really foxy :P

I've been calling it wrong since Steve Perryman was in that position.
    Fazio can't play the next day, Verthongen and Kaboul will play and keep the spots IMO. I really liked what I saw of Chiriches at first but I've cooled quite a bit on him. Kaboul has done enough to keep his place and he's actually a very aggressive ball winner from set pieces, he's the kind of guy who could score 6 or seven goals in a season with a bit of luck.

Fazio can't play the next day, Verthongen and Kaboul will play and keep the spots IMO. I really liked what I saw of Chiriches at first but I've cooled quite a bit on him. Kaboul has done enough to keep his place and he's actually a very aggressive ball winner from set pieces, he's the kind of guy who could score 6 or seven goals in a season with a bit of luck.

I'm more interested in Rose and Lloris myself but if the FSA bands together behind Kaboul I might be interested in going that direction. Is Rose safe from Davies in the league do you think?

There's not too many of us who will get the Steve Perryman reference ☺

I'm more interested in Rose and Lloris myself but if the FSA bands together behind Kaboul I might be interested in going that direction. Is Rose safe from Davies in the league do you think?

I would have expected Davies to be in situ by now going on last years form but Rose has the spot to lose it seems. I suspect there can't be much between them but what do I know?
    Personally I'm not considering Rose for that reason, I've come around to believing that Kaboul is quite a safe choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I would have expected Davies to be in situ by now going on last years form but Rose has the spot to lose it seems. I suspect there can't be much between them but what do I know?
    Personally I'm not considering Rose for that reason, I've come around to believing that Kaboul is quite a safe choice.

I plan to hold my Spurs defender until January and I believe that Kaboul has a better chance of featuring over the busy Xmas period as he's a central defender (doesn't need to be rested as much as a wing back) and captain.

I'd expect Davies to start at least 1 if not 2 of the four busy Xmas games.

There's not too many of us who will get the Steve Perryman reference ☺

I'm sure most of the lads here will have heard of Bobby Charlton, Eusebio, Michel Platini, Franz Beckenbauer, Paulo Rossi, Georgie Best etc, I'd be surprised if the legendary Steve Perryman has escaped their attention!:eek:

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I plan to hold my Spurs defender until January and I believe that Kaboul has a better chance of featuring over the busy Xmas period as he's a central defender (doesn't need to be rested as much as a wing back) and captain.

The one thing to be wary of here is that Kaboul is very injury prone. He won't be physically able to play all the xmas games, but that's a long long way down the road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Jagielka on 11% ownership over Kaboul/Rose who are both on just over 3% despite Everton only keeping 2 CS in their last 8 games. Jagielka however has managed to score higher due to scoring a goal.

Who do people reckon is the best long term option an Everton defender or Spurs over the next 5 - 6 weeks? Both have favourable enough fixtures, Spurs possibly a little handier but neither side looks great in defence tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I now have Aguero and am captaining him.

Consider this your warning of his imminent injury.

Jagielka on 11% ownership over Kaboul/Rose who are both on just over 3% despite Everton only keeping 2 CS in their last 8 games. Jagielka however has managed to score higher due to scoring a goal.

Who do people reckon is the best long term option an Everton defender or Spurs over the next 5 - 6 weeks? Both have favourable enough fixtures, Spurs possibly a little handier but neither side looks great in defence tbh.
    Alcaraz played CB for Everton last week and it's between him and Distin for that spot for the next 8 weeks. There's stories online about a rift between Martinez and Distin, so Alcarez could be a nice cheap way to pick up an Everton defender.

If he starts Alcarez this week again I'm going to snap him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

There was a fallout between Distin and Martinez after the Swansea cup game. Distin hasn't played since but Stones injury means he could get back in. Alcarez played well at the weekend but is very injury prone so I can see him and Distin being rotated til Xmas when Stones is back. Distin is training with Everton in France this evening so he has obviously made up with Martinez

Alcaraz played CB for Everton last week and it's between him and Distin for that spot for the next 8 weeks. There's stories online about a rift between Martinez and Distin, so Alcarez could be a nice cheap way to pick up an Everton defender.

If he starts Alcarez this week again I'm going to snap him up.

So to answer my question you would think that Everton defenders will outscore spurs defensively over the next few weeks then?

Everton defensively have devolved over time since Martinez took over. Last season we all thought there'd be a decline once Moyes was gone. In my opinion we're finally seeing it to an extent.

Only Baines and Coleman are worth considering due to the rate of their attacking returns. I'd trust Everton who could play Alcaraz for a number of weeks as far as I could throw them.

In saying that its now or never with their fixtures so good. It'd be Baines or nothing for me really unless Seamie goes on a run. How often do I get these things right though :pac:

Everton defensively have devolved over time since Martinez took over. Last season we all thought there'd be a decline once Moyes was gone. In my opinion we're finally seeing it to an extent.

Only Baines and Coleman are worth considering due to the rate of their attacking returns. I'd trust Everton who could play Alcaraz for a number of weeks as far as I could throw them.

In saying that its now or never with their fixtures so good. It'd be Baines or nothing for me really unless Seamie goes on a run. How often do I get these things right though :pac:

Sometimes the forum provides TOO MUCH information! Best to go with my gut on this one and do a coin toss for Pieters out for either of Rose/Kaboul i reckon!

Still leaves me with an extra FT to use but think i'll hold off until i get any news on Costa/ADM

Sometimes the forum provides TOO MUCH information! Best to go with my gut on this one and do a coin toss for Pieters out for either of Rose/Kaboul i reckon!

Still leaves me with an extra FT to use but think i'll hold off until i get any news on Costa/ADM

I'd go for Spurs myself or look at West Ham next week.

I've got a Bardsley problem too and those are my 2 main directions. Or Wisdom too but I might be one of the few yet to get him.

• Advertisement

Think you have it spot on on this occasion Mr P. That's another reason I think I'll give even Baines a miss. The attacking returns will dry up eventually while I just don't see them getting as many clean sheets asSouthampton, Swansea, Arsenal or even many more than the likes of WBA.

Advertisement